Where Philosophy Meets Physics 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Ruby-Lune
Group Admin

Hi members. It's great to see so many members on a group this new. First question to discuss: do you think MLP is real, in an alternate universe or otherwise? Why or why not?

I'm never truly solid on any one belief. That being said, I tend to lean toward that which has not been proven or disproven, and multiverse theory is one of those things. However, I put my own spin on things. I think that our minds are actually the multiple universes. Everything we think of, no matter how silly or crazy, is manifested in another universe and made real. Because MLP was the product of someone's mind, it therefore exists just as that person saw it. By the same token, each of the fanfics and comics and whatnot the fandom creates are like the alternate universes to the canon verse the original person thought up.

So yes, I do believe that the show exists. I also believe that everything you could ever possibly think of exists as well.

Ruby-Lune
Group Admin

951923 Thanks for your ideas!
I do agree that everything you could ever think of could ever exist. Following that theory, there are an infinite number of universes. If I think of a universe where all humans are purple, Purple Me might think of a universe where all purple humans are blue. Blue Purple Me might think of a universe where all humans are green, and so on.
Talking about topics like this makes me feel very fancy. :moustache: Thank you for your input!

As a show I know MLP:FiM exists, otherwise why would we be here? But as it's own universe outside the imagination of Lauren Faust? I do not know, as there is no way to prove or disprove it. I don't even want to admit that I fully understand multiverse theory, I'm a Botanist not a Theoretical Physicist. Though by my own headcanon Equestria does lie hidden from view in our world.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4