The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau 5,457 members · 49,217 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Okay, now that the new episode's out, and those of us who've watched it are a little more familiar with Sunburst, I just wanted to point out the Sunburst group!

You can tell it was made before the new episode, but if you liked him, why not join? Just look at those wizardy robes, that beard, and those glasses!

The Sunburst Group

Note: Not actually an admin of the Sunburst group. I just like Sunburst.

--Sweetie Belle

5136198 am a fan of facial hair so perhaps Ill join

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It is a pretty good beard, and how often do you see pony beards?

No problem! I thought it was pretty cute. You can find it over here:
https://www.derpiboo.ru/1117628

There's also this one:

https://www.derpiboo.ru/1118109

--Sweetie Belle

I absolutely LOVE Sunburst. He's so...so...adorkable.

5136657 Seems to be the MLP standard. Males are either evil, background ponies with little/no personality, or adorable yet a little dorkish.
Still, what I like is his design. Not the facial hair necessarily, but the white stripes and white leg fur.

I think Sunburst is on par with Shining Armor but still beneath Discord and Spike. He's given an important role and was actually crucial to the plot unlike other male characters that are barely.given two lines and have nothing to do with the episode.

I love his markings too. Its nice to see a pony bearing realistic horse markings. (Pip is another) I also love his color palette.

In a way, Sunburst reminds me of myself and many other students who study so hard with high expectations over them. But even with a degree/future degree and all the smarts in the world, things still don't go as you'd hope. You find yourself with little money trying to find a part time job to pay rent xD

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Note: Not actually an admin of the Sunburst group

Yet.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, it is entirely possible when ocalhoun notices that I've promoted the group here, brought some new members in, and created a picture thread, that they'll decide to make me an admin. I mainly figured that anypony like me that liked Sunburst should know there is a group for him, and I also wanted to try and make sure that if anypony was thinking about making a group for him, that they knew there was already one. It always sucks when you end up with two split fan groups for the same character...

--Sweetie Belle

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

"I put on my robe and wizard hat."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11