Author Of The Weak Group 359 members · 3,099 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
Shadowflash
Group Admin

So, people might ask how I pick the AotW. Simple, really:

>Author must have put a lot of effort into some fiction of theirs
I usually look at the amount of effort put in by the author. Someone who writes a 4k one-shot that gets them featured doesn't put too much effort into their story versus someone who puts 150K words down and never receive one feature. Now, it's not always like this. I've seen people do awesome one-shots and I still consider them. I just look at their current ratings of the fic, whether it's been noticed already and their follower count.

>Follower Count.
Low or medium. Low is 100 below. Medium is below 250. High is anything in the 700s that I'll never consider. I want to advertise the small-fries, not the big guys. So, yes, it does matter how many followers you have. The max you can go to is 400 followers (one or ten over won't overdo it for you).

>General Attitude
No one likes a mean author. People who are just generally nasty are people I despise. The opinion can go either way - someone may find them nice and others may hate them. So, if I don't know them, I'll have to look at how they act in places they've posted and whether they bother caring for it, too. I would give examples, but, that's against the law to defame someone.

>Recommendations
Since this group primarily focuses on the AotW - I need recommendations. It can come from more than three people who give me a detailed response as to why that person deserves to be AotW. However, it doesn't need to. If one person can perfectly explain why, that's terrific. It has to meet the previous criteria from above and I need a lot of evidence. The more evidence you can give me, the more I consider it. Pictorial or link evidence is the best, in my opinion.

Recommendations and/or questions may be posted below. You can also PM me.

Shadowflash
Group Admin

Shadowflash.... you sir, are a genius. This is defintely a good idea, the group in general, but the criteria for AotW is pretty good. So, good on ya!

Comment posted by superpony55 deleted Jun 2nd, 2013

Dear 930942,

Hello.

I was recommended to this page by a buddy of mine who goes by the name of Runcible Spoon. Perhaps you've heard of him. Anyway, he recently read my one and only fic that is currently "published" (I say this at the risk of sounding like it is finished, when it is actually still in progress) and said that I should look this page up. However, I still don't know what to do. Can an author request to be the AotW after consideration by you, or is it all based on second hand recommendations?

As for the requirements, I have indeed put mass amounts of effort into the small, three chapters that I have published, having started the Genesis Project in late January. As for follow count, I have less then twenty. I would like to say that my general attitude is a pleasant one, but I would say that at the risk of self-condemnation, so you would have to ask the people who have been kind enough to follow me.

I hope that, as the author himself, I have not stepped out of bounds. I do not necessarily think I deserve the AotW title; that is your decision to pass. At the most, I am simply trying to promote my work, as little as it is.

So, if I have stepped out of bounds, please inform me.
-Power to the Bronys

Shadowflash
Group Admin

An author can't necessarily request to be an AotW. It requires someone to recommend you, or me to find you. However, I will indeed consider you when the time comes.

Psst, I recommend him.
:moustache:

1070375 And what if the author has no friends (That sounded really lame, but this still happens...) or any kind of... let's say.... readers, who would recommend that certain author. What if the author has absolutely NO views? What are the odds to actually get that single read from you, then? That is, if you are the only one who reads those stories...
Of course, if you don't mind me asking...

Shadowflash
Group Admin

I can still find authors by myself. It's just that people are free to recommend others to me.

Chances of me reading their fictions may vary. I am generally uninterested in a lot of things, but I do keep an eye out on the word count of some fictions, which is what grabs my attention the most. But, still, recommendation from others just allows me to find these authors with more ease than searching for them myself.

1087096 Oh, okay... and that also answers my other question. You work alone. That's tough, but the wait will worth it, I guess? Both for you and the author itself...
Well, have a nice day!
~Adam

Shadowflash
Group Admin

I do work alone, yes. I'd rather do the work than have others do it.

1087114 Understood. In that case, you have all of my respect and I completely understand what you mean by that. I wish you luck on your 'mission'!

Shadowflash
Group Admin

Yupperdoodles.

1070965 no wonder yours get featured XD

FOUND YA! :derpytongue2:

1079142>>1091155

Seriously, how did I get such good friends? :pinkiesmile:

Complete random chance, at least on my part.
If I hadn't gotten bored on the "Vinyl Scratch" group and created Throodle v1, our paths may never have crossed.

Well, you say chance, I say Divine Providence. Agree to disagree.

1091796 because we all are :D Every brony's a hommie (5 points for those who know this reference) :heart:

Now I need people to recommend me. But who will? :applecry:

3425587 Maybe me? Because I've published nine stories and only one has decent likes... :ajsleepy: Not that I'm complaining, but I do wish I would get noticed if only for a tiny bit :twilightsmile: Right 930942? No hard feelings to your hard work and dedication, I appreciate those kind of people :pinkiehappy:

EDIT: Oh wait, this comment was 78 weeks ago, whoops :twilightsheepish:

Shadowflash
Group Admin

Unfortunately I haven't been able to do this for a while. I've dedicated myself to studying and spend my free time trying to relax or work out. Once I'm out of college, I may pick it back up again. Sorry!

4975936 This is where that backup would have came in handy huh? But I saw the above comments about so I won't push the subject, please take your time. I can wait as long as possible :twilightsmile:

930942 Uh...can people recommend their own stories or no?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25