Pony RPGs 184 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So a while back, I was thinking back to a sad scene from the Xenosaga trilogy, and I realized that, at that point, the feelings of a character from the games called Rubedo mirrored Celestia's feelings after sending her sister to the moon. I even drew fanart putting fitting ponies in that scene. I could explain why these two are so similar in those moments, but instead I highly suggest you go find these great PS2 RPGs yourselves. From what I can tell, they're horribly underrated. Seriously, no one I know has played them, and it doesn't look like any of the Youtube gamers I watch have either. :pinkiesad2:

While I enjoyed Xenosaga 1 and Xenosaga: the Animation (and completed both Xenosaga 2 and 3), I was particularly disappointed that we didn't really get a good representation of the early chapters/episodes of Xenogears Perfect Works. Xenosaga 1 and parts of Xenosaga 2 tie well with Perfect Works 1. Xenogears is Perfect Works 5. But that's about all we've got.

Also: I kinda wanna punt the guy who decided to go with "Citrine" for URTV 668. She should've been named "Citrinitas" to follow the pattern of Rubedo, Nigredo, and Albedo. Also, the URTVs are out of order. The URTVs 666 through 669 are Rubedo, Albedo, Citrine, Nigredo, but the order for those names is Citrinitas, Albedo, Nigredo, Rubedo. That's the ordering for both alchemy and for Jung's attainment of individuation.

5234987 Yeah, speaking of Citrine, why did she exist again? She basically just showed up, told Nigredo his point, was one of the least memorable boss fights in III...and that's about it. The Jungian thing you brought up makes things worse; it makes me think that she was just forced into the story to complete that quartet when she has no lasting impact or compelling character. Really, you could take her out and little would change.

Citrine existed to kill Rubedo if he got out of hand.

5241328 Except Nigredo also had that power, making her existence redundant.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5