Straight Shipping 2,892 members · 6,608 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Vexy
Group Admin

Due to a complete reorganization of the folders, the admin team and I have decided to completely redo and repost the group rules. Please read these thoroughly as they are very important! Huge changes have been made that include every one of you.

Hello, and welcome to the Straight Shipping group rules thread. Here you'll find the most up-to-date rules for the group. Please read them carefully and abide by them. We use a three-strike rule. That is to say that you will receive two warnings / temporary bans before you will be permanently removed from the group. Rules may be tweaked in order to suit the group's standards, but generally these are the rules that are in force as of current:

Submitting Fiction:

1. As a shipfic, the main focus must be of a romantic and/or sexual relationship between two characters of the opposite gender. Other shipping / romance (including F/F and M/M) can be present, as long as the spotlight of the fic is on the F/M pair.

2. The focus of the fic should actually be on the ship itself. While this can be fairly subjective, generally fics which have the couple in a relationship, and yet doesn't actually build on it don't belong here.

3. As this is the straight shipping group, that means we’re only looking for shipfics. First of all, if a fic doesn’t have a romance tag, it most likely does not belong in here. The fic should make it perfectly clear before reading of what pairing it is about. Fics with the couple as a side pairing or that aren’t the main focus do not belong in this group. Example of a good fic.

4. When submitting fics (regardless of whether they're yours or somebody else's) be sure to add them to only the relevant folders. They should be in both the character’s folders that the shipping is about. If the main focus of your fic is about multiple pairings, then it belongs in the “Multiple Pairings” folder. A good example of this. Please note that polyamory is not eligible for this group. There are other groups for this purpose.

5. The folders are fairly simple to navigate; the primary folders are for the characters of the pairing, the secondary folders are for whether the fic is rated Mature or not, and finally the tertiary folders are there in case any of them apply to your fic, These include incest, foalcon, OC, human, etc. If you're unsure then feel free to PM me or Black Cloud.

Just to clarify, if you submit fics incorrectly, you may receive a strike.

Posting on the Forum:

Failure to abide by any of the following rules may result in a strike and / or a temporary ban. Three strikes against you will result in you being permanently removed from the group.

1. Respect everyone. Don't be a dick. This includes leaving hateful, negative, snide comments. Don't devalue / take the piss out of other people's shipping preferences. Hostility and use of profanity addressed to other users is prohibited.

2. Don't advertise your group on this group. There are other groups for this purpose.

3. Don't advertise your fic either. While I'm fine with linking it in a relevant thread in a comment that adds to the discussion, I do not want to see anyone creating any threads for the sole purpose of advertising their fics.

4. Threads can be instigated by anyone and are actively encouraged. Feel free to post one to discuss a topic that’s been on your mind and talk to other like-minded shippers, or join in with one of the ongoing threads. The admins usually try and stay active, and many of our members have discussions with a particular theme on a regular schedule.

5. No explicit images nor links to images may be shared on the forums. This is a site rule, so please abide by it or your thread will be deleted and you—the poster—will be reprimanded by Fimfiction's moderators.

6. Please do not set your own rules in threads. I'm not a fan of unnecessary censorship, and we don't want to silence anyone's opinion. If you feel that any of the rules are unfair, or that there's a rule that you think should be on this list that isn't already, then please PM me.

Other Information:

-Threads will no longer be locked after several weeks of inactivity.
-However, threads can still be unlocked by request. Just PM me or one of the admins.

Nice rules. :D

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

Good stuff.

Great. After reading this, I realize that my story doesn't fit here. Now I have to figure out how to remove it from the group. Sorry about that. :derpytongue2:

Actually, it's not there anymore. Thanks for removing it! :twilightsmile:

Can't say I'm displeased about these rules! :pinkiehappy:

1448319 Would it be alright if I started a thread to answer a non-shipping related question?

Vexy
Group Admin

Well... give me a little context. What's the question?

3444099 I'm just wondering how people on here feel about past generations of MLP.

3444079 What would the question be?

i have a question.First of all im new here so im still trying to get use to the page. my question is that im gonna make a fic that has a lot of pairings but not in all of the chapters im gonna be "shipping it" some of them i may focus on a single group of characters but is still gonna have romance in another chapters.Are they ok to be put here or are they a no?

Vexy
Group Admin

Yes they are fine, but make sure it ends up in the "Multiple Pairings" folder, not the individual folders.

1448319 What if it centres on Rainbow Dash, but every chapter is a different stallion?

It's still multiple pairings, just with Rainbow Dash as the constant.

I don't know... The rules for "Submitting fics incorrectly" seems a bit excessive. Especially when people might do it on accident. People make mistakes, and I highly doubt someone would submit a fic incorrectly intentionally.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16