NLR Underground 69 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 741 )
  • Viewing 551 - 600 of 741
Night Striker
Group Contributor

*Hisses tugging harder*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

He comes to a massive set of brass doors. The lock on the door is ridiculously complex, with moving parts beyond number. The doorknobs are shaped like bear traps.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

The shocks you, and pulls you back.

flecdorbee
Group Admin

Night Shade studies the lock for a bit. It has many open areas, but they look intamperable. He closes his eyes and focuses on one of the openings, exploring the shadows inside the lock with his mind's eye. To his surprise, there are no tumblers. This lock was unpickable, even with metaphysical manipulation. He began to run scenarios in his mind. How could he open something like this without the key? There was no obvious key-hole to speak of.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

All he can see are the doorknobs. Beyond that, the door seems to have no other method of opening. The clocks continue their function.

Night Striker
Group Contributor

*Screams in pain*

flecdorbee
Group Admin

Night Shade studies the knobs, but no matter what method he uses, there seems to be no way to tell if they are pressure-sensitive. He looks over to his left, spotting a small pocket watch mounted on it. He tugs at it with his magic, hoping beyond hope that the watch will give.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

The chains stop frying you.

It easily pulls out. All the clocks stop. The ticking doesn't.

Night Striker
Group Contributor

*Slumps over panting*

flecdorbee
Group Admin

Night Shade stops everything, waiting for the impending reaction that doesn't come. Beyond the clocks stopping, he senses nothing out of the ordinary. Satisfied that he wasn't in imminent danger, he moved the watch over to one of the knobs, and with a prayer, pushed with all the force his magic would allow.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

Nothing happens.

The door creaks open. Inside....Inside is something horrifying.
Dales, ponies, dragons, diamond dogs, and more. All sprawled and slumped against the walls. All muttering the same to words over and over, in perfect sync.

Tick Tock
Tick tock
Tick Tock

Night Striker
Group Contributor

*Yanks on them again*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

They shock you again.

Night Striker
Group Contributor

*Silently cries out pulling harder*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

They retract, stretching you out painfully.

Night Striker
Group Contributor

*Screams in pain stopping to catch my breath*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"Why do you make me do this? I don't want to hurt! Stop making me hurt you!''

Night Striker
Group Contributor

*Glares at him*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

Lolk sighs, and sits down with a novel.

"Thank god the comms arent fried....how long have i been out?" I ask slightly worried as i begin to raise the side arm again

Night Striker
Group Contributor

*Does tha lts thing he would expect, cry*

flecdorbee
Group Admin

Night Shade trots carefully through the room, careful to avoid rousing any of the beings from their hypnosis. He inspects one of the tranced ponies closer.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

-Around a day or so.

Lolk looks up, then returns to his novel. After reading a few minutes, he sighs, and gets up. "Look, I'll patch you through to one of the other operatives still in the mission, if you like."

The pony doesn't notice you. Based on his eyes, he appears to be in some form of shock.
Night, are you there?!

flecdorbee
Group Admin

"Lolk?" He presses lightly on his earpeice. "Lolk, is that you?"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

-Yes! Finally, we have contact and- Night? what's that noise? The sort of 'Tick tock tick tock' noise? Its sounds really.....familiar....

flecdorbee
Group Admin

"I...honestly don't know. I woke up in this hallway, and its been playing since I woke. It's getting rather annoying, actually. I can't seem to find the source."

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

-I'm guessing there are no clocks.....Hold, let me pull up the vide- Wat. Night....You're in a hallway full of tick tocking entities.......And there's some stairs at the end of the hallway. I don't know where they lead though, this entire wing is completely unlabeled.

flecdorbee
Group Admin

"Just my luck." He looked towards the stairs in the shadows. "Nowhere else to go, I suppose. Requesting radio silence. Oh, and Lolk?"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

-What is it Night?

flecdorbee
Group Admin

"If I ever find my way out of here, you're buying the drinks." He makes his way to the staircase, closing his eyes and letting his instincts guide him in the dark.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

-....you wish. Activating radio silence.
*CLICK*

Night Striker
Group Contributor

"FUCK YOU! You killed them!"
*Sobs harder*
"They trusted yu and you left them to die!"

flecdorbee
Group Admin

Night Shade stepped in beat with the tick-tocking, before reaching the end of the stairs. He opens his eyes, once again allowing the light to guide him

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"Shut. Up."

The door in front of him opens up, revealing a massive clockwork cathedral.
"Hellllooooooooooo Rainbow Factory! I'm online, and ready to go!"

flecdorbee
Group Admin

Night Shade backtracks swiftly into the staircase, just out of sight of the doorway. He whispers to himself. "What the fuck...?"

Night Striker
Group Contributor

"Oh like the others? You want me dead just like them don't ya!"
*Tugs on the cha ns trying to electrocute myself*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"Who's ready for this!? We've got an Underground agent hailing from the N! L! R! Right here with us, as I tear him apart in a variety of ways!"

flecdorbee
Group Admin

They knew he was there. Hiding was useless now. He sighed and put on his most stoic face as he walked through the doorway, into the cathedral.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"I said. Shut. Up."
(Well done. You've learned. I'll take the bait. This time.)

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"HeHeHe....did you really think I wouldn't notice? Oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Falx, and you are night Shade. I'm going to kill you."

flecdorbee
Group Admin

"How do you know my name? What...What is this place? Don't tell me the factory is powered by clockwork."

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"Of course its not powered by clockwork. They don't trust me enough for that! And as for your name....Let's just say a little bird told me. Welcome to the clock tower. Where all my dreams come true. No really, they do!"

Night Striker
Group Contributor

"Come kill me like your killing them!"
*Pulls the chains s tight as possible*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"I'm not killing them! I'm trying to save you!"

Night Striker
Group Contributor

"No your not your killing them! Come in here and kill me you FREAK"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"Fine!"
He levitates an assault rifle from the corner, and points it at your head.

flecdorbee
Group Admin

"Who were all those others back there? Whats wrong with them?"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"Simple! they're the background singers!"

Night Striker
Group Contributor

"Do it freak!"
'time this right time this right'

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin