Into the Black 323 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30
Journeyman
Group Contributor

For the grand piece of resistance, the cyberweapons.

As stated before, we are by no means impressing a set of rules for this collab that you must unequivocally follow. This document I am working on is only to standardize some rules and universal background. You are free to create your own whenever you wish, or bend these rules to create your own. This document is just a tool for your own enjoyment and use.

4.6.4 Cyberweapons
Cyberweapons are weapons of some type that are made of cyberware, or incorporate into the design in some capacity.

4.6.4.1 Ranged
Name: Cybergun*
Price:
Type ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Cost
Splash Gun ~~~~~~~~~300§
Light Pistol ~~~~~~~~~~500§
Dart Gun ~~~~~~~~~~1,000§
Heavy Pistol ~~~~~~~~1,000§
Machine Pistol ~~~~~~1,100§
Submachine Gun ~~~~3,000§
Shotgun ~~~~~~~~~~~5,000§
Railgun ~~~~~~~~~~~15,000§
Gauss Gun ~~~~~~~~15,000§

Description: Cyberguns can be built into into cyberlimbs, or installed into natural ones. Weapons fire is usually projected from the palm, but modifications can be made to eliminate the cumbersome nature of aiming by such means. Cyberguns may contain a cyberware loading mechanism to allow for replacement clips after ammo has been expended (See Accessories). Cyberguns are difficult to hide, especially if there is a loading mechanism for external magazines. Cyberguns are extremely difficult to hide from cyberscanners. The displayed cost of cyberguns is for the installation only, not the cost of the weapon or ammo.

All cyberguns induced some matter of recoil, although the recoil is almost eliminated with the use of a Foot Docking Clamp (See Below). Dart Guns fire specialized darts that deliver a chemical payload. Cost of darts and chemicals is not included in cost. Splash Guns fire a chemical cocktail or diluted water/saline mixture in conjunction with a chemical or biological agent. Odysseus mixtures are a popular choice in the criminal underground.

Unless there is a firing mechanism installed with the cyberware, cyberguns are fired by mental commands via Dataport.

Name: Cybergun Accessories
Price:
Type ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Cost
Iron Sights ~~~~~~~~~~100§
External Clip Port ~~~~~200§
Laser Sight ~~~~~~~~~~400§
Suppressor ~~~~~~~~~1,200§
Flash Guard ~~~~~~~~1,500§

Description: These are the various accessories for cyberguns. Suppressors and laser sights can only be fitted for the light and heavy pistols. Flash Guards can only be used on the machine pistol and SMG. Iron SIghts are deliberate deformities in the skin built to act as physical sights for weapons

4.6.4.2 Melee
Name: Bone Spur*
Price: 5,000§
+5,000§ Retractable
Description: Narrow blade that protrudes from bones, such as the femur and humerus. Retractable blades must be implanted in a longer bone. Bone Spurs can be detected by cyberware scanners.

Name: Fins
Price: 1,000§ per fin
Description: Hardened fin implanted into the body at any reasonable place on the body. Fins can be coated with Dikote in order to increase their durability and act as a combination of penetration spike and razor. Fins planted in the hand and feet can double as swimming accessories

Name: Fangs
+2,000§ for retractability
Description: Fangs built into the canines. Fangs can be retracted at will via Dataport mental commands. Fangs can be coated in Dikote to increase their durability.

Name: Horns
Price: 10,000§
+5,000§ for retractability
Description: Horns are built directly into the cranium or cyberskull and are braced for basic forms of combat. Horns may vary in design, shape, and color, depending on the recipient’s preferences. Horns can be retracted at will via Dataport mental commands. Horns can be coated in Dikote to increase their durability.

Name: Shock Pad
Description: Specialized pad that can be built into the palm, foot, knuckle, or any other surface of the body that allows it. Shock Pads cannot be implanted in the body when it would be inhibited by other forms of technology, such as bioware Ichthyosis or cyberware dermal armor. Shock pads are activated by Dataport mental commands and deliver a nasty shock to everything they touch.

4.6.4.3 Heavy Weapons
Heavy Weapons are weapons reworked with cyberware connections that wire into the body. Heavy Weapons may require a Foot Docking Clamp and a Hardened Firing Mount (See Below). Shoulder Mounts are specialized pintle mounts attached to the back and shoulder. Shoulder Mount weapons can be independently fired from handheld weapons, but make the recipient much slower due to the added weight.

Name: Smartlink
Description: When a heavy weapon is equipped with a smartlink, the user receives mental data via cybereyes or headware memory relating to the estimated trajectory of a weapon. When the accuracy in in dispute, additional data relation to margins of error is also displayed, including wind resistance and rainfall. The recipient can also have a targeting reticle in a cybereye. Targeting reticules are incompatible with Biotech eyes, Eye Guns, and Eye Darts.

Name: Heavy Weapons
Weapon ~~~~~~~~Smartlink Shoulder Mount FDC HFM
Grenade Launcher ~~~NO ~~~~~~YES ~~~~~~~YES ~~~YES
.50 Rifle ~~~~~~~~~~~YES ~~~~~YES ~~~~~~~~YES ~~~YES
Machine Gun ~~~~~~~YES ~~~~~YES ~~~~~~~~YES ~~~YES
Recoilless Rifle ~~~~~~YES ~~~~YES ~~~~~~~~NEED ~~YES
Mortar ~~~~~~~~~~~~~NO ~~~~~YES ~~~~~~~~NEED ~~YES
RPG ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~YES ~~~~~YES ~~~~~~~~YES ~~~YES
Flamethrower ~~~~~~~NO ~~~~~~NO ~~~~~~~~~YES ~~~YES
Anti Air Gun ~~~~~~~YES ~~~~~~NEED ~~~~~~NEED ~~NEED
Anti Tank Gun ~~~~~YES ~~~~~~NEED ~~~~~~NEED ~~YES

Those with a NEED mean that the weapon requires what is in that particular column. Those with a NO mean that the weapon weapon cannot use what is in that particular column. Those with a YES mean that the what is in the column is optional for that weapon.

4.6.4.4 Miscellaneous
These are utilities, weapons, and firearms that are not easily classified under conventional weapons.

Name: Eye Dart*
Price: 3,000§
Description: Although it takes a long time to reload do to the difficult placement of the weapon and holds only a single round of ammunition, Eye Darts are very hard to detect, as they can be mistaken as conventional cybereyes. Eye Darts are incompatible with all forms of cyber eyes and biotech eyes.

Cybertech Dataport is required for Eye Darts. Once a mental command has been issued, the barrel punches through the pupil and fires a dart loaded with narcotics or whatever chemicals it has been infused with. The process renders the eye temporary blind and delivers a marginal recoil.

Name: Eye Gun*
Price: 3,000§
Description: Although it takes a long time to reload do to the difficult placement of the weapon and holds only a single round of ammunition, Eye Guns are very hard to detect, as they can be mistaken as conventional cybereyes. Eye Guns are incompatible with all forms of cyber eyes and biotech eyes.

Cybertech Dataport is required for Eye Guns. Once a mental command has been issued, the barrel punches through the pupil and fires a single shot wherever the recipient is looking. The process renders the eye temporary blind and delivers a marginal recoil.

Name: Taser
Price: 2,000§
Description: Unlike the Shock Pad, the taser fires darts fires standard taser darts connected through 15-meter wires to a capacitor implanted in the palm or other firing point.

Name: Venom Sac*
Price: 500§
Description: Contains a small sac buried under the dermis of the skin in a biotech sac to prevent detection. Upon receiving a signal from a Dataport, venom sacs can flood certain cyberware-implanted blade, dart, or melee weapon with toxins of the recipient’s choice. Types of weapons include: Fins, EyE Dart, Fangs, Horns, or cyberware blades hidden in the body.

Name: Foot Docking Clamp
Price: 700§
+8,000§ for Hardened Firing Mount*
Description: Upon a physical switch activation or a mental command received via Dataport, four separate clamps attached to each foot shoot a heavy duty spur into the ground. The recipient is effectively anchored to the ground and cannot be removed unless by extreme physical force. The hydraulic spur may also double as a weapon during kicks.

Hardened Firing Mounts use a mixture of ceramic and titanium braces throughout the skeleton to brace it against any forms of major physical trauma or movement. HFM users are incapable of physical bodily movement once the skeletal supports are activated via Dataport command. HFMs are used in conjunction with heavy weapons fire, or weapons that require massive strength in order to wield.

I've been following this, and have been meaning to ask, what is this? And what does it have to do with the story? Not that there is anything wrong with it, in fact, it seems very reminiscent of Cyberpunk 2020, which I loved to play as a child. But if this doesn't have anything to do with ITB2, why is it here?

Journeyman
Group Contributor

The four of us have been gathering technology together for a gDoc and I have been posting snippets in the forum. It's meant to be a solid, definable set of technology that is allowed within the shared universe. Giving everyone the same pool of information, technology, resources, economy, and world politics gives it a sense of authenticity.

Everything needs some kind of guideline, and this is ours. We are creating a set of universal technology and making our stories out of it. The are a total of four writers for the next stage, myself included. Whatever you may think of the original story, it lacked some world building. All this stuff is for is to fill in the background. Want a weapon? Well, I have a list for you to choose from. Has a soldier been injured? You can grow him a cloned arm, or replace it with cybernetics. This document is to give you options, no more.

I post these in order to give everyone else input on the final document. I post what I write as I go, and if people have ideas, it is added to the final product. This document is a community effort, even if I am the primary writer. And yes, Cyberpunk is an influence. I have even ripped some things straight out of it.

shirotora
Group Admin

You forgot the tech knife like Twilight's:ajsmug:

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I WILL DESTROY YOU FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!! :pinkiecrazy::trollestia:

The knife is blanketed under Spurs in both Cyberweapons and Cyberbody.

shirotora
Group Admin

1167163 You didn't mention the charged particle enhanced blade:pinkiehappy:

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Those are in weapons, not cyberweapons. Two completely different categories.

You are getting soft, old man.:trixieshiftleft:

Journeyman
Group Contributor

And what the hell is that?

shirotora
Group Admin

1167196 The cutting edge of Twilight's knife is laced with charged particles giving it an orange glow. It's how she can cut through materials so easily.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Sounds like the vibrobrade technology. I'll be covering weapons last, probably. There are a lot of weapons, and I suck at writing them.

Are you looking for Melee or Ranged based weapons?

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I'd be breaking physical weapons down by type such as: Pistol, SMG, Rifle, Shotgun, Edge Weapons, etc.

Alrighty then. Good to know!

1167121 The Halo Bible springs to mind.

1167196 You had that shit in nano tech

Here's a link to the different types of weapons which could be available.

Please note that these are only types of weapons, not specific weapons.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I hadn't covered weapons yet, especially not vibro weaponry. The closet thing to that is Nanowire, and that's completely different

If only I could write some more stuff faster. I have too much to do, and not enough time. :pinkiesad2:

You like saying "cyber" a lot, that's for sure.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I also say "the" a lot.

War hammer 40k, much? Damn it, wheres the Hellfire Rifle? Or my flashlight?

Thanks for clearing that up, I looked in the forum and could find nothing. Now time to put years of science fiction reading, college education, and years of handling weapons, everything from civilian grade to military grade weaponry, to good use.

Since you do plan on using this as a template for writers, why not go into greater detail on some of the Cyber weapons, I know what a Gauss weapon is only because I have built one, however, I really don't know what a "Splash weapon" is, is it a squirt gun? will people be mixing lethal poisons with water and a chemical that makes chemicals absorb through creatures skins, at a very extreme rate, and firing their squirt guns at people? And finally, what cools of the weapons? Propulsion weapons get very hot if they are not ventilated or cooled. Often times, when your gun is fired continuously on full auto, it can and does misfire, break, have a round cook off, and worse case scenario, melt. Even Gauss rifles get hot, like really really hot, like I burned my hand after test firing mine for half an hour, hot.

Oh boy, how long will I have to wait for actual weapons? I am waiting on a Physics Major, a applied engineering minor, and chemistry minor that will be taken to the military once I finish my enlistment. I also have a raging mad scientist hard on, that was nurtured by nothing but the finest of science fiction, late night, technological bugaloo, and general insanity, that would love nothing more to give some input on vibrating blade technology, and space age firearm technology. Seriously, I live and breath this kind science and madness.

Pic very much related

Splash weapons would probably be weapons that are designed to damage more than one person/subject or have a wide area of effect(i.e. gernades, frag missiles, flamethrowers, the like).

As for the cooling system, I would imagine that multiple turbo turbines would suffice for cooling the weapons

Actual Weapons....if you want to get started, then do so.

and yes...I believe this picture symbolizes what I love:

I imagine with the new advances in tech thanks to the ponies they'll come out with a cheaper alternative to cyber eyes called HUD glasses, and then for weapons, maybe an antimatter beam, or better yet, photon/quantum torpedoes

Journeyman
Group Contributor

The ambiguity is a little deliberate. I'm just offering tools and letting anyone do what they want with them. I really don't mind making these entries, but it does consume an awful lot of time.

As for the splash weapon, it is mainly supposed to incorporate liquid compounds. I hadn't finished with the chemical portion of the document yet, but I was planning on all sort of new stuff for people to use and abuse. Also, there a drug in the chemical section that helps out called Odysseus, and it's modeled after Shadowrun DMSO. Odysseus allows the skin to absorb chemicals when it is in some kind of mixture. If you mix it with arsenic, you could poison someone merely by splashing it on open skin.

As for heat, I'm kind of ignoring that or letting new writers make their decisions. If I went into all the nitty-gritty details, I wouldn't get anywhere. There's a line I can't cross, otherwise I wouldn't get any other work done.

I plan on doing magic weapons and armor next, but if someone else wants to take the reigns on physical weapons and firearms, be my guest. I'm not skilled in that regard.

Although cheaper, cyber eyes can be far more versatile. You can see in infrared and night vision if you have the upgrades, and they are much more easily concealable. Plus, they can link up with other hardware to provide secondary uses. For instance, you can have it set up that whatever your cyber eyes sees records directly into a cranial hard drive.

Ah, DMSO, that's what it's called, couldn't remember what it was called. All I remembered was DMing a game where my players found the stuff, made squirt guns, filled them with the stuff and other lethal chemicals, and proceeded to ruin my game by going out of their way to get more DMSO when I made it illegal and difficult to find, in the game.

I could physical weapons a stab, considering that is my thing, and I would love to contribute to the story. I just need to know, is there a system you are modeling the weapons and armor, after? Or are these your idea's, with inspiration coming from Cyberpunk, and a few other games?

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I remember the Spoony One saying something similar during one of his game (You're not him, are you?:rainbowderp:).

As for those, I was thinking about blanketing all of those under Edged Weapons. All matter of knives, swords, and stuff would be covered then. It might be a little easier that way, but if you want to write that section, be my guest.

I have no particular method used to make these entries, but try to make it as simple as possible. Be detailed, but not make the details so meticulous that readers will start skipping entries.

1177214 have you ever heard of a company called metal storm? if not, they made a prototype of a crazy-fast weapon, firing over a MILLION ROUNDS A MINUTE!

this is today... *shivers* imagine what they can come up with in Into the Black

Journeyman
Group Contributor

1180693 can a soldier even lift that?

Yeah, I remember seeing that, sadly, no, I am not Spoony. My goup, however, just happened to be some of the most creative, smart, witty, intelligent, and crafty sons of bitches I ever met. The bastards first got their supply by pulling ocean's 11 on DMSO factories, I had to come up with an entire quest for them, because otherwise, they would go out of their way to not follow the quest. And when their massive supply dried up, they broke and hacked into a government building, found out who were the researchers who were making the stuff, and tried to blackmail them into making it for them, kind of like a dealer. But I was all "HELL NO" on that as it was turning into what it was for Spoony, that being everyone in fireproof, contamination suits, or garbage bag suits, in other words, freaking ridiculous. So when I cut them off from their potential dealer, and plastered their names all over the government agencies, for breaking into what was basically Area 51, they decided to kidnap the researchers they blackmailed, framed them of murder, and faked their suicide, it was so well done infact, that they spent millions cloning their kid-nappies, so that when the police would investigate, it would look like that they had indeed, commit suicide. Afterwards, they gave the researchers an ultimatum, 25% of the profits, all the materials they needed, and they could live, if not, the interrogator would make their lives a living hell, for as long as they lived, pretty scary considering the interrogator on their team was a psychotic, sadist, who had spent years in the system, and had burned all but one of his humanity points, basically :pinkiecrazy:.

But enough of story time. I can cover Edged weapons, Firearms, and Explosives, that's what I meant by physical weapons. But I want to go through the other entries, and see what you already have covered. But, it will be rather easy for me honestly, I have a vast pool of knowledge when it comes to firearms, because of my military training, my experience with explosives comes from when I was considering joining the Explosive Ordnance Disposal squad, and Edged weapons because I have always loved them, and actually wrote a thesis on the posibility on creating a vibrating knife, that's edge would vibrate at the sub atomic level, creating a chainsaw effect. Not to mention my love for all things mad sciency. But yeah, I would love to contribute, out of my love for the Into the black story, it's not often for me to find a sci fiction pony story, that I like, and isn't Dr. Whoves.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I love Shadowrun and Cyberpunk, but I have never known anyone who plays role playing games. I live in the middle of nowhere with only the voice in my head to keep me company.:pinkiecrazy: It's because of Spoony that I started getting into cyberpunk material in general.

I won't stop you writing it. Go wild and make what you want. We're all going to need some good weapons in the future, especially me.

Only if you are Super Santa Claus

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30