Fire Emblem Equestrians 116 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36

And here's how it could work!

Improved Story

Let's face it; Fire Emblem stories aren't very good. You can hold onto the past and bash Awakening and Fates as much as you damn-well please, but the fact will always stand that there's usually a blue-haired lord, two countries at war, a deus ex machina Fire Emblem moment, and the final boss is a dragon. Admittedly not always, but usually.

However, I will admit the best story out of all of them was probably FE7 (though that's still not really saying much). With a new version of the game, a few minor tweaks with the story could make this a perfect experience. Instead of just having a tactician you name and that Lyn speaks to with the power of breaking the fourth wall, why not make an avatar to allow you to join and fight with Lyn, Eliwood and Hector in your quest to save the world? There would have to be a few more tweaks to the story than need be if that were going to work, but seeing how critically well the character customization was received by fans, I could certainly see myself fighting with the heroes of FE7!

Pair-ups, Marriage and Children

I think the child and marriage mechanic of the previous two games were a fantastic addition to the Fire Emblem series that I personally believe was desperately needed to spice things up a bit. These mechanics would be great to have in FE7 simply because of the timing. FE7 is a prequel to FE6, so bringing in children from the future, much like Awakening, could work. At last fanboys and girls can live out their dreams of having Eliwood battle alongside Roy, or Lilina casting magic with Hector right behind her. As for the other characters... eh, Nintendo could probably think of something. Maybe just reused Awakening characters like they did with Fates! The girls would have the kids like Awakening this time around, with a few male exceptions like Eliwood.

Obviously the pair-up system would come back, and obviously it would work like Fates's system where paired-up units can only do consecutive attacks if adjacent to each other, and can only defend if connected to one another as a single unit. This can prove for some seriously cool strategy, as well as making your dream ships come true a lot faster.

Replayable Maps and Casual Mode

Uh... duh?

Replaying maps is a good way to increase experience points without having to worry about that silly plot, and casual mode is a great way to get newer players into the franchise, as well as make it so veterans can just relax as they ship whoever they damn-well please. Obviously there's always the option of turning them off for more experienced players of Fire Emblem via Classic mode, but having these two options would be fantastic additions to the already fine game.

New Stuff

Every installment of Fire Emblem needs something new to go along with it so it doesn't feel like the same game over and over and over and over and over again. Fates introduced gay and lesbian relationships, so why not expand on that and allow more characters to open up their sexuality a bit more. Of course, some characters like Eliwood and Hector wouldn't be able to get it on later tonight, but I could seriously see Lyn having a relationship with Serra, or even Wil going gay with Matthew. It's all too perfect! Along with this, why not have adoption as well? If two homosexual units get married, we shouldn't rob them of children and instead still give them kids of their own. How that may work, well... it's a work in progress.

I was also thinking about a mechanic similar to the Dragon Vein from Fates, but with a few differences. I'm not exactly sure how we could change the Dragon Vein system without it being exactly the same as before, but I'm sure we'll think of something. If anyone has any ideas on what new things could be included, be sure to comment down below and tell me what you think!

Music

Every track from Rekka no Ken would be remixed to fit today's standards, with a few differences. For starters, the battle music would be like Awakening and Fates where the overworld theme would pick up and become more intense during fights, but this can be changed and switched back to the normal battle music in the options menu for those of you who want to stay as true to the original game as possible.

Also have that final boss music sound more triumphant than dark and depressing. Like this!

But not exactly like this, because Fates already used that. And for god's sake, give that final boss dragon a name other than "Dragon", dammit!

Your Opinion

What's your opinion on this? Should FE7 be remade like this with the technology of today? What are your OWN ideas for a remake? Let me know in the comments below so we can discuss them and argue or whatever. Probably not that last part because I'm pretty chill to other peoples' ideas and stuff.

5105497 That would be pretty frigging awesome! Especially if it had Casual Mode, that would be sweet!
I'm not very experienced when it comes to Fire Emblem (I've only played Awakening, and some of Fates, including the third path), but it would be neat to see remakes of the original games on the 3DS with new and additional features.

5105497 I would love to see this! FE7 is one of my favorite games in the series and I would gladly spend money on an updated version of it. On a side note I didn't know you could have gay and lesbian relationships in Fates, I'm around halfway through Conquest at the moment, but that's interesting.

Well, you do seem to be pretty versed in the way of Fire Emblem, so we're all good. Besides, how could I disagree with someone who's Avatar is a picture of Scarlet?

Yeah, there was this huge controversy over it. In Conquest, the male Avatar can marry Niles, and in Birthright, the female Avatar can marry Rhajat.

5105531 Why thank you. I absolutely love Scarlet!

5105533 I think I heard about the controversy, it was something to do with Laslow's (totally not Inigo) kid, I think. I had my male character marry Selena (totally not Several). I only have Conquest at the moment.

Not that I've heard, anyway. I do know that people ship Inig- I mean, Laslow's daughter with Owai- I mean, Odin's daughter! :twilightsmile:

5105589 I probably have it wrong. I don't like having games I'm looking forward to spoilt so I don't often follow information about it with some exceptions. I don't have Laslow's kid yet, but I have his S support with Elise.

In my opinion, I'm not sure that replayable maps would be great for FE7. I think that one of it's charms was that you had to be clever and decisive in how you used your units and character supported them. However, it would definitely be cool to get some Anna DLC kind of stuff in there such as ones that take the FE7 crew to some of the major battles in FE6. The other thing that I would absolutely LOVE is if the tactician character (if you chose to start in Lyn's story) was actually playable in battles, had choices for dialogue, and could S-Support (or A-support if it's being FE7 accurate) the other characters like the most recent FE games. (If that happened, I would S-Support the sh*t outta Lyn.)

That's what I was thinking! There could be an option before beginning the game if the player wanted to play in "True Classic Mode", where you could only play through the plotline, or "Free Mode", where you could take your time with as many battles as you wanted to. It would certainly please veteran players as well as allow newer players to join the franchise.

As for who'd I marry... I dunno, I guess I'm a little gay for Sain. He was always one of my stronger characters at the start of the game, but I could also go for Matthew (because he's hot), Florina (because I have a thing for Pegasus Knights), or Rebecca (because Archers are OP). Lyn is a great choice for a marriage partner, but what was that about choices for dialogue? Hmm... Interesting... Stuff like that could either make small changes in the dialogue with the same outcomes, or huge differences in the overall end of the game!

Now we need to make children for all the female units! Including Roy and Lilina, who are children of the main characters, I counted that there are a total of fifteen children waiting to be created. So, shall we begin?

Nope. The reason: I'm not prone to making children with complete strangers. *Insert Troll face here*

Actually, thinking on it more, I don't think I mind Casual Mode as long as two requirements are met, there is a Lunatic mode, and that there is no god-forsaken, cheaty, no consequence phoenix mode.

Oh, hahaha. Well, don't we have a little jokester in this town? :ajbemused:

(lol :rainbowlaugh:)

Well of course there'd be a lunatic mode in the game! Improvements and all that junk. Hell, there'd probably even be a lunatic mode + in the game as well!

nintendogeek7065
Group Contributor

Honestly why just stop with the story of FE7? Include FE6 as well with some redone story elements to make the story more inline with 7. Make the titles interconnected and have it as the complete Elibe saga.

And then add an additional third story that takes place AFTER FE6! Three stories in one game/pack. Something no FE game's done before.........

Absolutely none.

nintendogeek7065
Group Contributor

5106526 Actually that's kinda the idea i was going for lol.

A twofer? Hmm... I could see that working. A pack of remasters of the Fire Emblem hits of old! Or maybe it could be a bit like Fire Emblem Fates where you can buy one game and get the other one half off? Either way, that would be really cool!

Any more ideas? :twilightsmile:

Has there been a story after FE6? I forget... :fluttercry:

If not, this could be a serious opportunity and excuse of making a brand new Fire Emblem game with new and old characters, while also making remasters of the older games! GET ON IT, NINTENDO!!

FE 6.5, the post-war, shipping-mania fanfiction! *cue trailer*

*honest trailers voice guy*
In a world...

nintendogeek7065
Group Contributor

5106548 well looking at some of the other ideas you have for the FE7 I do kind of agree that expanding upon "Mark" would be rather interesting and give him more importance to the story but the only problem I can see happening is the story losing focus on Eliwood, Hector and Lyn. While it would be interesting to see Mark actually interact with the characters I don't think it would be a good idea to put too much story importance on a player made unit this time around, it could end up changing the tone of the story a little bit too much.

As for the conversion between the two games that's where things start getting tricky. Unlike Fates, 6/7 are stories taking place years apart from each other and only actions in the remake of 7 would have effects on the remake of 6 but not the other way around. I don't think bringing the children from the future into 7 would end up being a good idea because that would detract from 7 being its Standalone story. Instead it would probably be more like fire emblem for where you assume the role of the Next Generation in the next game with special stat bonuses/skills ect for the transfer. One of the more difficult things would be the characters that appear in both games, there would be a potential for them to be massively overpowered when you recruit them in Fire Emblem 6 with whatever stats they had at the end of 7. So for the possibility of gameplay balance these characters would most likely not be direct transfers but would get stat bonuses on their starting stats like with the transfer between Path of Radiance and radiant Dawn.

As for any real story changes I think the vast majority of them would be occurring in Fire Emblem 6, not only for the purpose of making the story more coherent between the two games but also all out characters like Eliwood or even Lyn to come back into the story possibly as late game units.

Breaking away from that, besides you and Lyndis, who else would you ship together?

Female Tactician X Sain, Hector, or Mathew.

Well then... don't make a FE6 remake. :applejackunsure: Yeah, both go along with each other, but trying to comprehend everything would be even too much work for Nintendo.

Actually, it might be able to work. Marth was the hero of two stories. As was Ike and so on (I think, I never really played the Radiance games). Both had stat resets between games and both make no note of why that is. Besides, I believe FE7 managed to cover up it's sequel's tracks by never mentioning most of the characters from the past. Whoever Eliwood married either died or went on a journey or whatever, and Roy and Lilina's hair could be like Lucina's and Shigure's in the fact it doesn't change no matter who the mother is.

As with "Mark", they were kind of important in Lyn's story. Then once Eliwood's or Hector's story begins, the avatar will sorta be tossed to the side to star the real heroes of the game. Of course, they're still you and still able to do whatever and stuff, but the avatar won't have nearly as big an impact as the previous avatars did.

And for god's sake, give that Dragon a name, dammit! :flutterrage:

nintendogeek7065
Group Contributor

5106620 well you are right about Ike being in two games. That's where I got the idea of special stat bonuses 2 starting stats two characters that have been transferred from Blazing Sword to Binding blade. They would probably get + 2 to a stat that was maxed in the previous game HP would probably be a +5. Now for the children however this is where things could get a little hairy, since there's already a set amount of children made in binding blade it would be very difficult to swap up Canon mothers and fathers or even add new children outside of maybe a few outliers. I mean they could go full-blown changing Canon and allowing for relationships similar to Awakening and Fates but that could run the risk of changing the already very Stellar Scripts the support conversations in Blazing Sword had.

This is how I think it would probably go, the remake of Blazing Sword would be more conservative an old-school elements of Fire Emblem and that includes the marriage opinions, however there could be a couple of new elements allowing for things like relationships between maleMark/Lyn or whoever. Now when we get the binding blade is when things start becoming a little more liberal on introducing the new elements of fire of love. Because being honest here, Fire Emblem 6 is the one game that probably needs the most touching up on in the series. One big story element change would probably be the reintroduction of Mark. Since the technician was not in Fire Emblem 6 but made a promise at the end of Fire Emblem 7 to return if ever a crisis occurred to Hector's or Eliwood's children this would be a perfect opportunity for them too actually have that promise be fulfilled. Mark probably wouldn't be reintroduced until after Hector has passed away in chapter 4 that way one of the key events of Fire Emblem 6 stays the same. This would give Mark renewed purpose in fulfilling the promise he made to an now passed on friend. This would also make for a great opportunity to actually begin expanding on Mark because back in 7 it was implied that he was originally from Bern this would mean he is turning his back on his home country. This is a good opportunity to expand on his back story without changing the events of Fire Emblem 7 because those events have already occurred.

I'd rather just have remakes of the fire emblems that never came to America. 6 with Roy the game that 7 is prequel to. 4 with Sigurd and Seliph the hardest game with the largest maps. 5 which never even had a proper translation patch so you can't even emulate it without reading Japanese. I'd rather be able to patronize finally getting to play those games legit.

Wow... Those are a lot of words. I think I got the gist of it though.

I do think having "Mark" as a playable avatar in FE6 would fit a lot better in context. In fact, why not just make this whole thing a remake of FE6? That way, we don't have to worry ourselves about continuity bullcrap and the such and just go along with the normal storyline of Binding Blade. New characters, new kids, new mechanics; it just works WAY better.

Well, I think anyway. :applejackunsure:

Yeah, I'm starting to think maybe Binding Blade might be the better choice as far as remakes go. :applejackunsure:

5106639 I think Radiant Dawn did that, characters who were lvl 20 and had maxed out a stat in path of radiance got a boast in Radiant Dawn. Just another reason why the dawn brigade sucks compared to the greil mercenaries.

FE4's not hard, though. Mounted units are literally your friend there, and you also have units that can use OP weapons.

5727109 I don't know maybe it just requires a fast cavalry strategy that I don't tend towards. But I am entirely sure that as far as base difficulty goes 4 is the hardest one.

No, not really. Part 1 has Sigurd, who can literally solo it with his base stats, has innate Pursuit, gets a Silver Sword that can be set up to become a Killing Edge on steroids, and gets Tyrfing. Giving him the Leg and Paragon Rings also let him give his son, Seliph, the strength he needs to be a more of a dominating unit in Part 2 than he already is. There's also Lex, who likes the Brave Axe. Finn, who gets the Brave Lance from Quan. Lewyn, who likes the Pursuit Ring, and gets what's arguably the most broken tome in the whole series, Forseti, which he can pass down to Corple (who can't use it until he promotes to High Priest), Arthur, or Ced. Midir, albeit weak at first, is still solid, and likes Jamke's Killer Bow and the Brave Bow. Beowulf's solid. Jamke's solid. Bridget's solid, and can get Yewfelle. Quan and Ethlyn are solid. You're given plenty of units that you can use to clear Part 1.

Part 2 has the aforementioned Seliph, who will be using his dad's equipment for much of his whole screentime and might become a Knight Lord when you first see Leif. It also has Shanan, who wants Balmung ASAP, and with it, he is statistically Ryoma before Ryoma existed. And there's also Ares, who has Mystletainn, which is a Killing Edge with 30 Mt. Ced, a Sage, who's a solid magic user even with a physical dad, is pretty much FE4's Pent when Claude's his dad, and is absolutely amazing as Lewyn's son (especially with Forseti). Arthur's a bit of the same way as Ced, but is unpromoted, becomes a Mage Knight when promoted, likes either Pursuit or Vantage, and is also amazing as Lewyn's son (especially with Forseti and the Pursuit Ring). Julia makes a nice medic and Nosfertank. Leif is solid, though he likes promoting to Master Knight ASAP and wants the Pursuit Ring before then. Altena is solid, has Gaebolg, and wants to promote to Dragon Master ASAP. Faval is solid and has Yewfelle. Part 2 is a bit of a similar story to Part 1, but easier.

If anything, FEs 5 & 12 are the hardest FEs.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36