Bioshock: Equestria 489 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Hypothetical Scenario:

The planet Earth is dying. The land has been contaminated from radiation caused by nuclear bombs. Crops have died, water is polluted, animals have been wiped out, and the air is poisonous.The majority of the worlds population have died from it's effects and it's only a matter of time before it's your turn. But then there is hope, you have an opportunity to escape this fate. You have been selected to live in one of two places that haven't been affected by radiation. So you must make a choice:

Do you choose to live in the underwater Utopia that is Rapture?

Or

Do you choose to live in the Eden in the sky known as Columbia?

The choice is yours. It's the same as flipping a coin, so which side will you choose?

Rapture.
As I haven't played infinite yet.

Then I suggest you play Infinite so you can really think about the choice between the two.(The ending will BLOW your mind.:rainbowderp: Or confuse the shit out of you.)

2901420 I would take Rapture, because as a natural red-head and over half Irish, I would be discriminated against in Columbia, despite not having an accent and also having a significant amount Welsh and Dutch in my blood.
At least in Rapture, I could pursue the more questionable sciences, like anthropomorphisation and the like.

Lesse... Rapture is stuck underwater and will inevitably collapse due to the seawater weighing down on it and the lack of sunlight would mean I'd have to pay for air and I'd go mad from no sun.

Columbia meanwhile would leave me with constant motionsickness and there can't be enough farmland up their to grow enough food to feed everybody (unless they're using that whole alternate universe crap right from the get go to magic up more food in which case screw those guys I'm skipping to an alternate reality). Plus, if the land actually is irradiated enough that you can't grow crops anywhere then that means the nuclear fallout has been spreading through the atmosphere which means the floating city is probably just as radioactive as everything else. In which case screw those guys I don't want to get any more cancer than absolutly necessary (though considering the high altitude and subsequant thinner atmosphere, I'd be getting more sunburn up there anyway and the low oxygen would probably mess with me just as much if I was underwater).

Soo... I guess I'd go with Rapture. Less likely to die of the radiation that killed everyone on the surface and I won't be getting skin cancer and brain damage from lack of O2 (unless Ryan shuts down the oxygen like he did in the first game in which case whatever). Plus, Rapture had more robots and prostitutes along with fewer racist idiots.

Though... if I went to Columbia would I be able to get access to their bullshit quantum universe garbage tech? Because that stuff makes no sense and would have an actual chance of letting me travel to Equestria or some other universe that doesn't suck horribly (or at least making it rain chocolate milk and stuff).

With me being part African:unsuresweetie: american, Rapture seems the safest bet

I'm currently playing infinite so I can't make an accurate choice.

It's a tough choice. Probably Columbia, though. At least there's no Splicers there.

Rapture because I'm a mix of two races that would be discriminated in Columba.

Totally rapture.....because well i need to become a big daddy hehe....Jk....but yeah probably rapture

Columbia meanwhile would leave me with constant motionsickness and there can't be enough farmland up their to grow enough food to feed everybody (unless they're using that whole alternate universe crap right from the get go to magic up more food in which case screw those guys I'm skipping to an alternate reality). Plus, if the land actually is irradiated enough that you can't grow crops anywhere then that means the nuclear fallout has been spreading through the atmosphere which means the floating city is probably just as radioactive as everything else.

If you remember, Columbia was created in 1893 and was backed up by the US until 1902 when it seceded and has been a nation of its own for 10 years without the help of other nations. That would mean that they had crops for those 10 years which mean that they do have the farmland to grow them.(pretty sure there is an island just for growing crops) Also because of how high Columbia is, the radiation hasn't reached that altitude.

Besides that, I'm confused as to what your choice is since you keep going back and forth.:rainbowhuh:

I would figured this would happen. Remember the year of Infinite was 1912, so at time there was a lot discrimination. This is a more modern Columbia(similar to Rapture), if there was no racism in Columbia would you change your mind?:rainbowhuh:

2903227 well maybe because now I have to choose which of my lesser fears. while I can indeed do rafting and yachts I have a intense fear of submersion as well as a fear of open heights such as the top of a skyscraper or skydiving. But I think I could get use to the submerged city of Rapture before a giant city where one wrong trip due to vertigo will have me doing a decent impersonation of a kinetic bombardment missile.

2903227 Absolutely! If columbia had no racism, I would go ther JUST to ride on a sky-hook.

I was going back and forth because they both seemed equally unpleasant in different ways. But, if Columbia is somehow able to provide all its own food and isn't as racist as it was in the games (and presumably avoids all the radiation that messed up the world) then I'll go with Columbia.

2901428 or simply make you mad like me :twilightangry2:

Yes I hated it and yes I may still be pissy about that first-cut-mass-effect-ending tier bad end.

But still, the rampant racism and religious fanatism excluded I would most likely choose Colombia. Being under the crushing pressure of the sea would do hell to my nerves, plus I always liked the view from an airplane.

And I pick tails my dear

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15