Bioshock: Equestria 489 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

I've always wondered what other enhancements may exist but would not be put in the games because they're either not useful in terms of gameplay or would cause other issues.

I can easily imagine there being some kind of water breathing power,or maybe levitation powers, or a tonic that makes smoking healthy, etc....

What can you guys think of?

Ability to breathe and withstand underwater pressures.
Also, extreme durability and cellular strengthening.

2865907 But those would be incredibly useful in game, or at least the second two. The four of them would have been useful in the first game, the second two would have been great for the second game.

2865872 Perhaps a gene tonic that allowed chemo-synthesis? Though I suspect a lot of people would be going to the thermal generators a lot more if that were possible.

2865942 I don't consider the second game as canon, thusly: "What second game? Do you mean Infinite?"
No disrespect intended.

2866004 Ah, but I can refute that. Sofia Lamb Idolized Jack because he emerged from being born into the world as a pawn and turned himself into a king, the king of Rapture. This is shown because in her office a wrench is kept in her brief case, she also often times acknowledges him in her audio diaries. I mean no offense as well, but the second game is indeed, cannon.

I said that I don't consider the second game as canon, seeing how Ken Levine did not write it.

Also, a time manipulation plasmid, bending the atoms around you to slow down to a pace at which you could get in for quick blows and extended reaction times. Similar to the "Bend Time" ability in Dishonored.

2866105 Oooooo, that would be a cool plasmid. My immediate thought was that if that were combined with a Houdini splicer, maybe beating the game would have taken a bit longer, eh?

2866181 Oh... God...
That would've been hell... Add in the fact that I find the Farmer's Market missions to be boring and too drawn out.
Cohen's lair with that plasmid would be f****** amazing, though!!!

2866205 Man, thanks to this an old idea of mine is reforming. I have always wanted to get a band of people together to discuss Bioshock, all of its intricacies, plasmids, gene tonics and such. Once we had all come to a consensus on what those would be, we would place ourselves in the Rapture universe and do our best to survive. Having played the first game and the "Non canon" second game, as well having read the book, I know quite a bit about it, but just can't seem to find other people.

2866256 Woah, woah, woah, woah, WOAH!!!
THERE'S A F****** BOOK?!?!?!?!

2866279 Yep, it's great. A real mind fuck actually.

2866279 Yeah, it's great. A real mind f*** actually.

2866289 Was it written by Ken Levine?

2866385 It was written by John Shirley. Even then it maintains several constants from the original game.

2866404 Hmm... I guess I could check it out. Gotta hope I can find a bookstore that sells it...

AN enhancement that gives blind people only a sonar like ability when they talk or here stuff. Like bats.

I recall there were several plasmids that were mentioned in-game but never accessible, such as the Reduction Plasmid. (And perhaps most famously, the Teleportation/Houdini Plasmid.)

But in the realm of imagination, the possibilities are endless in regards to the things one could theoretically do with ADAM.

You could just buy it on ITunes its like 12 bucks I think

a tonic that makes smoking healthy

Considering this is set in a city built in the 50s, I would be surprised if there wasn't one

the possibilities are endless in regards to the things one could theoretically do with ADAM.

In some ways, Steinman was right:twilightoops:

2872236 Indeed he was. God only knows what Rapture would've been like if they had a good solid 20 more years to work with ADAM. They'd have an immortal race of superhumans or some shit like that. Which I believe is what Sofia Lamb was trying to do with Gil Alexander and Eleanor.

I never played Bioshock 2:twilightblush:

2872927 Whoops. Should've spoilered that then. My apologies. :facehoof:

Its cool, I already know how the game goes:derpytongue2:

And I'm just sitting here surprised this thread is still being visited, I am glad it is being visited though.

2872236 It's, like, three bucks cheaper on Google, but I only have about $1.80 on iTunes.

Plasmids

Spider Silk - Allows you to create strong strands of spider silk which are stronger than kevlar. Depending on thickness, can either be used to create rope, weave cloth to make protective armor, or make traps or garrotes.

Alternately, creates a largish spider under your control that can produce silk strands. If there is something you can't grab directly, create the spider and have it create a thread that leads to the object so you can reel it in.

Ink Spray - You spray a substance like octopus ink (possibly in different colors) that can blind enemies or be used to paint things. Alternatly, just create quality ink for later use.

Healing - Plasmid heals yourself.

Glue - Secrete glue from your hands. Use it on a grenade to make a sticky grenade or use it to climb walls or the like.

Death Hand - Using augments from the mantis shrimp, your hand gains pants-browning terrifying lethality. Your fists can accelerate to speeds of 23 miles a second from a standing start (or about the speed of a .22 bullet) the shockwave alone can stun or kill enemies, to say nothing of the fists impact itself. This is a plasmid and it is recommended that users who aren't spliced to the gills use it sparingly lest they destroy their own internal organs in the process of using it, the few attempts to make this into a tonic have proven catastrophically dangerous to all involved.

Detection - This plasmid lets you sense the presence of living things in the surrounding area, more potent versions identify hostiles or robots.

Fungal Feast - For those who have no idea when their next meal might be and aren't willing to resort to (outright) cannibalism. This plasmid sprays a potent fungal growth that consumes dead organic matter and creates edible mushrooms that replenish health and Eve when eaten. Some experimental versions can be used to extract the ADAM from corpses.

Tonics

Toxic Body - Your body chemistry is altered to be toxic to most living things. Insects, germs, cannibals, anything that might want to sink its teeth in your tasty nutrient rich flesh in now greatly discouraged from doing so.

Anarobic - Your metabolism automatically slows down to a safe level when you are deprived of oxygen. If your environment runs out of O2, you can just sit down and wait until oxygen levels return while maintaining a bare minimal consciousness. Alternatly, you can hold your breath indefinatly and absorb oxygen through your skin. You won't get enough to be really active (just sort of crawl or wait patiently) but once you start breathing again you'll be right as rain while lesser folks would have gasped their last breath!

Photosynthetic - As above, but your body can convert CO2 into O2 as long as you've got light.

Angel and Devil - Always wanted you own imaginary friends? This tonic gives you your very own real-life hallucinated angel and devil companions! Voice your opinions and troubles to the split parts of your personality for fun and profit! Notice: The makers of this tonic are not responsible if you get two devils, a devil and a super devil, an emotionless atom, carnivorous spider, or a cowboy who wants to escape your head.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28