FiW: Friendship is Witchcraft 280 members · 48 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

First off, hello!

I'm new to this group (and groups in general), but don't worry, I have the solution to all your problems! Well, not really, but I do have a single idea after being here for a whole minute. I read that the group isn't doing all that well, if the forum posts are to be believed, so why not try to revive it with a writing contest or something like that? I'm sure there are plenty of FIW fans out there who would want to contribute.

There's my two bits. Hope there's still someone alive out here!

1656220 How about a contest around fics about the canon versions of the characters meeting their FiW counterparts? I only recall finding one of those before and it seems to be a dead fic now.

That could be interesting! Or maybe swap just one of the characters (or more) into different universes and see how things unfold. The possibilities are endless, the question is more about the capabilities of the group to do it, or if there is enough interest for such a thing.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, the main thing is that we would need somepony to run the contest, and somepony to judge it. I'm the secondary admin for the group, and I personally wouldn't have time. The trouble is that the main admin is missing, which also effectively makes me the main admin. (CyberPony and BronyStories are admins basically because I drafted them. :unsuresweetie:)

If you want to run a contest, and are able to find somepony to judge it, I have no trouble with that. And I'm still looking for anypony who wants to be an admin and help out with this group. Or run it.

The old main admin did have a thread up about a contest at one point. He didn't get much of a response, and since he would have been the one running it, I got rid of the thread due to him being gone...

--Sweetie Belle

I don't want to derail my own thread, but I would like to know more about the admin thing, just to be totally sure before I say no. How much time/availability is needed, responsibilities, any god-like powers and so on. Can you PM me?

Now back to the main question. I'll definitely look into the contest and see what kind of options there are. Alticron is already interested, if I'm not mistaking :ajsmug: and if we make a larger, official, thread about it, I'm sure more ponies would join the brainstorming, so I'm all for that. The worst possible outcome is that nopony would submit anything, everything above that could be a good start if it is turned into a monthly event.

As long as there weren't too many people writing in it and the stories weren't too long, I could certainly help, though my judging would not be the best because I am not a decent writer.

I'd write one. It may not be good, but I'd write one...

Maybe I should write a Sweetie Bot one all in hexidecimal. No, that wouldn't fly and it would be too hard to read.

I doubt I would write for this contest (might be a judge, in which case I can't or at least I can't be in the running), but maybe one day I will write a story of what I think goes on in Sweetie Bot's mind, in all her computer glory.

I'll keep you in mind for the judging then. Don't worry if you think you're not a decent writer, the guy who came up with the traffic laws didn't have a driving license either :rainbowlaugh: I do think we would need a more experienced writer to assist with the judging though. I'm thinking three judges or five. (yes, still working on the idea, but I'm almost 100% there is going to be a contest, just need to find the time to work on it)

Yeah, definitely a good idea to have more than one and get a more experienced writer for these sorts of things (I am experienced at writing, just not this type of writing, and I am not the best at the type of writing I am experienced at which is very very different (technical, though I could probably do a pretty decent job writing the story I just mentioned)).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10