Just Role Playing 98 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 179 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 179

The young dragon watched in awe at the battle unfolding, knowing that he couldn't do much. Since he was a hatchling, he had only rudimentary knowledge of the Voice, and he didn't think it would be of any real use here.

Twilight was blasting corpses left and right, trying not to cringe when she saw a few dead that she recognized. "Hey!" she called out to Dark Moon, "I need help!"

2849040 Zhang had been watching silently, and now chose to join, she was farther back than anyone else, in a position to see everyone and everything. She draws her bow and lets an arrow loose, taking out an undead right behind Twilight before the Dog moves on to other targets, using only regular arrow since the bow itself had an ice enchantment, so she saved her fire arrows until she would need them.

Lepking13
Group Admin

2846309 "Sure, because everything that walks must bleed?" Faust said, laughing.

The skeleton raised its halberd in a combat stance, balanced and ready to either attack or defend. The metal covering its bones glowed with a sick green magic.

2849040 "Oh little spark, where are you?" Faust called out, sniffing out the magic that had first conflicted with his. "I want to have a nice little talk with you."

2849040 Little preoccupied here I said swinging my sword like a mad man at the creature before me

Lepking13
Group Admin

2851059 The skeleton parried Dark Moon's attacks, moving with a supernatural speed and strength. It deflected an attack along the pole of the halberd, getting with range and punching him in the face. Its metal covered hands did more than a bit of damage, stunning him for a second.

Twilight responded, not with words, but with a bolt of lightning shot from her horn and into his back. "Wanna talk? Call off your demons, and we'll talk."

Like an angel sent from above, a flash of prismatic force drove the skeleton away from Dark. In its place stood the proud flyer, and Element of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash. "These guys giving you trouble?"

While Zhang was busy knocking off skeletons with the arrows, the young dragon stealthily snuck up from behind, seeing his opportunity to be of use. He readied himself, took a deep breath, then used his Voice. "FUS!" he said, knocking the bowman into the air.

2857601 She reacted instantly, pivoting in mid-air and loosing and arrow at his chest right before she hits the ground, grunting as she gets into a crouch and letting loose another arrow. She was oddly silent the entire time of the fight so far.

The hatchling staggered at the force of the arrow, feeling a chill as the ice enchantment took effect. In his eyes now sparked a dangerous light. He'd been wounded by a joore. She needed to pay, as was his nature and custom. He readied himself, then threw out another Shout, this one uttering fire into the world. "YOL... TOR SHUL!

2857734 She rolled out of the way at the last moment, barely being singed, and sends a second arrow into his right arm. She growled angrily, itching to use her ice-enchanted Eleven dagger and her lightning-enchanted Orcish dagger. A whelp thinks himself worthy as a fighter? Let's see what he thinks with ice in his veins! She fires another arrow into his left leg, ready to dodge.

The dragon saw the attack coming; he wasn't stupid. Rather than using another dodge-able offensive Shout, the "whelp" decided to be more pragmatic. "FEIM!" he yelled as his body became ghostly and translucent, allowing the two daggers to pass through him without causing harm, while he took a deep gouge with his claws.

2858008 [Arrows, she still isn't in range for her daggers, and they are a last resort]

She growls as her arrow pass through him. Fight, whelp! She growls again and waits, nocking another arrow and staying back from him.

"WULD!" he Shouts, propelling himself into close range with Zhang, his red reptilian eyes boring into her soul as he said, "Hi krif eyvir, joor.Hin noot fund kos zonuft wah dov.Keyaam hin koriid ahrk aav mii, fah mu vis imzik hin zah laas lot."

2858335 She growls as she shoulders her bow and draws her daggers, lashing out before leaping back and crouching, ready to spring at him.

"Sar.Hi dreh ni praag wah krif zey.Zu'u los Strun Ven Ro, ahrk waan hi unad wah meyusgaar fonaar kotin grah, Zu'u fen kos fus wah hel hi nau yol.Zu'u dreh ni lorot tol yol fund dreh eyvir voth hi." he said, not realizing that he had slipped wholly into draconic dialect. He used his Voice to become ethereal again, so that those two daggers of hers would not harm him.

2858511 She smiles and steps back. "You are nothing but a cowardly Whelp, unworthy of my time." She spat at him.

"Zu'u Strunvenro! Zu'u unslaad!" the dragon growled as he magically summoned a Bound War Axe, standing on his hind legs as he took a fighting stance, "Prepare to face your maker, keyye jorre."

2858774 She smiles and just readies her daggers. She bolts forward and baseball slides underneath him, facing up as she slashes his legs then rolls away before he can retaliate. She was constantly moving, preventing him from predicting her movements by not having a pattern.

Lepking13
Group Admin

2857601 "I think the normal response should be ow, but I've long since forgotten what pain feels like." Faust said, wiping dust off his robe and turning to her. "Besides, I was willing to talk until you attacked me." He said. "Now, I will show you the true power of a lich." He said, both hands wrapped in green magic. It quickly spread to the skeletons, wrapping them in the same sickening color. "I return your bodies to you, to do my will." He said, as they started being fleshed out.

Twilight saw the corpses becoming more corporeal and began to panic slightly. "Corpus... DeAnimatus!" she cried, a magic field covering the zombies. This field began to reverse the effects of the lich's spells, sending them slowly back into the ground.
Strunvenro cried out in pain as the daggers sliced through his scales. "FEIM!" he shouted again, then, "WULD!" as he brought himself straight into Zhang, bringing down his Axe on the bowman's shoulder.

Comment posted by AesNebula deleted Feb 15th, 2014
Lepking13
Group Admin

2861077 "Raspberries." Faust said, as a few skeletons remained standing around him. They were slowly regrowing their flesh, revealing they weren't ponies at all. "Regardless, I'm here to make a point to those that rebel against my lords. It will only end in pain." He said, as a bolt of green magic hit her dead center in the chest.

2861149 ((Question... Do you know how the "Become Ethereal" shout works?))

"GRaAAgh!" Twilight shouted in pain, clutching her chest tightly as she slumped onto her knees. Then, without warning, she disappeared, teleporting with a flash of light.

2861187 [Yeah, why? Did I fuck up? Cuz I haven't played in a while.]

2861193 ((The shout allows you to be unhittable for a period of time. Your daggers shouldn't have hit anything but air))

2861244 [Well, my brain is retarded, I thought ethereal makes it so you can't be harmed or harm anything...]

((That's how I thought it worked too, until I tried it out in game. I was killing this giant, and he couldn't lay an overgrown finger on me.))

2861320 [Man, I have been missing out! I only use Marked for Death(I think that's the name) and Soul Rend(unsure of this one's name as well)]

Lepking13
Group Admin

2861192 "That's not fair, i didn't even get to explain how the magic worked." Faust said, turning and following the threads of his magic. He walked slowly knowing he'd catch up to her eventually. The undead never needed rest after all.

((Oh, I love those shouts!))

Twilight reappeared behind him, shooting ice at his feet, stopping him. "Fine. You want to talk, talk. You're on a time limit though," she said as she panted, "I don't know how much longer it will be until reinforcements arrive."

2861363 [Soul Rend! Totally wish Durnehviir(that how you spell it?) Could fight for you!]

[Lemme retry]

Zhang shifted enough to only be scathed and have her left arm become useless as she sheathes the knife that hand had, moving away quickly. She felt the beginnings of a berserker rage coming, and hoped he would know how dangerous she was when that happened. She snarled angrily, clutching her elven dagger in her right hand, itching to just let her berserker self loose, but she held back for now.

Lepking13
Group Admin

2861363 "The more dead i will have when they do." Faust said, stepping out of the ice as casually as they were puddles of water. "The spell i hit you with is a parasitic one, latching on to the ley lines within your body. By now, since you've teleported and used a frost spell, I'd say it has a decent spread within your body. I won't tell you the specifics, but its especially keyed to my own magic for some extra fun." Faust said, reaching up and adjusting his mask.

"Kneel before me, and we will be done here. Otherwise this town will be looted, the children taken, and a ring of my dead placed around this town to prevent anyone from helping." He said, pointing to the ground at his feet. "All it takes is the kneeling of a princess."

"You see, jorre?" asked Strunvenro, "You are helpless under the might of the Dovah... submit, and I will make your end quick."

A dragon's roar echoed in the sky, and Twilight Sparkle smiled.
"Cavalry's here." From the air landed an ancient looking dragon, with chips in his grey scales. From its throat came a great rumbling as it spoke, "Drem Yol Lok, Twilight Sparkle. I felt your call. How may I assist?"
"Drem Yol Lok, Paarthunax. This... creature here has attempted to kill us, seemingly on Miraak's orders. He needs to be taught a lesson."

Lepking13
Group Admin

2861506 "I have not raised a single blade in aggression. But i must advise you to greatly reconsider." Faust said, looking up at the dragon without fear. "I'm sure you can smell the magic linking me to her. I greatly wonder what that magic could do." He said smugly. "I was sent here to put down a rebellion. What better way than to have a princess bow."

2861506 "Hehehe...hehehehehe..." She started to giggle uncontrollably. Her jade eyes turned blood red. "I'm gonna tear your head off." Her ear twitches, her left arm began to flex, as if the damage didn't even matter any more. "I"ll drink your blood." Her eyes had an insane glint to them. "I will devour you!" She dropped to all fours, leaping at him with a snarl as she starts slashing at him with her claws, constantly moving around him erratically, not taking notice of anything but her target.

Paarthurnax noticed the bowman's rage, seeing it being directed at... another dragon!? The fool. She could be killed! The ancient dragon used her distraction to his advantage, knocking her away and taking her place.
"I will never now to you, False King!" said Twilight as she grabbed Faust telekineticly, slamming him into the ground.

Lepking13
Group Admin

2862078 Twilight felt the impact from the hit, as Faust stood back up. "I bet you won't do that again. Although why you thought in the first place it would do any good is beyond me. I don't feel pain." He said, wiping the grass and dirt off his robe. "I am no king, simply a man with a mission."

2862078 She snarled angrily, too enraged to stop trying to kill, she needed something to slaughter, or she'd be permanently stuck in her enraged state.

Paarthurnax sensed the unending bloodlust coming from Zhang and, with a heavy heart, threw a zombie in her path for her to kill.

Twilight crumpled slightly at the force she felt. Connector magic eh? Clever, but not clever enough! "This spell type is easy to unravel!" she yelled as her horn lit up, casting out the lich's magic in green waves.

2863567 She leapt at it, slashing it repeatedly with her claws before ripping it's throat out with her teeth, then she slowly calms down, her eyes returning to normal. "Bleh, zombie tastes like shit." She gets up and looks around, her left arm still limp.

"Better, keyye?" asked Paarthurnax.

2863606 "Still injured though." She said, nodding.

Lepking13
Group Admin

2863567 "True, if that's what the spell originally was. That's just a special add-on." Faust said, giggling. "It's woven in with the original magic, as a special little thing to make anyone I hit with the spell stop hitting me. Well, themselves actually. Its true purpose is far more sinister, and it can easily re-weave the connector fragments." His hands lit up, before they plunged into his own chest. Twilight felt the pain as he dug through his own chest, grabbing his heart and squeezing it. "I know you can't die, being an alicorn. But that can't stop you from feeling pain. And pain I can deliver."

2851059 The metal coated skeleton watched with intrigue, flesh slowly reforming on its bones. The form was definitively feminine, but anything beyond that wasn't very easy to tell yet.

Twilight was in trouble. While he was right that she couldn't die, it didn't make that heart-attack feeling any better. Still focusing on forcing his spell out, she tried her best to ignore it. She looked around and saw the others all engrossed in combat. She thought that this might be the end of the road.

"TIID!" came a Shout from the heavens, as time slowed to a crawl. When time regained its speed, things had changed immensely. The skeletons were all gone, and so was the feeling in her chest, despite the fact that Faust still had his hand in his. In the middle of it all though, was probably the worst sight she could've imagined.

Standing there, in the center of the clearing, stood Miraak, in all of his horrible glory. In his deep, echoing voice, he spoke, "Enough, my emissary; I think they have gotten the point." He then turned on the heroes of the quest and said, "You all wish to face me and Grim at your rulers' request, are you not? I say come. Bring your worst, for when you do… you will die. Come Faust, we must prepare for our guests." He then Shouted the time stopper once more, and when things regained focus, Miraak, Faust, and Strunvenro were all gone.

Lepking13
Group Admin

2866408 "That wasn't very fair, my lord." Faust said, pulling his hand out of his chest. "Although she will probably be pre-occupied for a long time with the spell I left in her. If she can even recognize it." He turned to Lana, who was standing there waiting his orders.

"I guess you'll have to go back to sleep for awhile." He sighed, as the lights in her sockets faded away. Her bones wrapped themselves around the halberd as Faust grabbed it. He twirled it easily, balancing it across his shoulders. "I didn't even get to have any good fun. Just that little bit with the princess."

2866408 Zhang collapsed onto the ground, bloodloss overcoming her as her vision swam. "Heal please." She muttered, barely conscious.

Grim looked at the man as if he was crazy, then turned away, muttering something about 'foolish whelps learning their place.' "Do not worry, Faust," said Miraak as he placed a gloved hand on the other's shoulder, "You will have your fun in time. For now, I simply need you to follow this three heroes who wish to face us. Distract them how you want, but do not make yourself known, and do not kill any of them. I want to watch them be crushed under our boots."

Twilight sprinted as fast as she could, casting a healing spell over Zhang and replacing the lost blood. "I'm sorry about all of this; they weren't supposed to come here."

Lepking13
Group Admin

2866568 "As you wish. I will see just how many of the beings here I can influence." Faust said, bowing to the two. "I will present challenges for them, but if they are as good as you suppose then my distractions will not be that difficult for them." He turned and walked off. "And do excuse my attitude, being alive as long as I have leaves you with quite a bit of arrogance."

2866568 She holds out her hand, asking for help getting up. "It's fine." She smiles.

Grim smirked behind his mask, the one that had previously belonged to the Priest known as Nahkriin. Perhaps Faust wasn't all bad. "Squid Head and I know exactly what you mean," he said in a voice that gave away his race; the noble inflection of an Altmer. Miraak then turned to Grim and growled, "We agreed never to speak of that!"
Twilight took the offered hand, bringing Zhang back up. "I'm glad you understand. Miraak seems to know you're coming; how he does is beyond me. In any case, you'll need to be on your guard. You never know when he'll strike."

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 179