Polyamory 1,756 members · 1,243 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I'm currently reading Just A Couple of Ponies, and it's making me interested in seeing other stories following a similar pattern with other characters: a kind of gradual realization by one or more ponies (or, as in this case, prompted by outside observers) that they're in an "it's complicated" and just hadn't quite realized it themselves, followed by trying to figure out what to do about it. Any good recommendations for stories along similar lines?

Also, why is that story in the "Not (by strict definition) Polyamory" folder? It might not have been at the start of the story, but that was what made it so interesting, and at this point in the story (spoilers!) it most assuredly is.

Comment posted by aCB deleted Dec 27th, 2013
aCB

I'm writing a Appledash where it takes AJ and RD a while to discover their feelings for each other and develop a relationship.

You can also check out this story, by Wrabbit, which is a relatively slow paced polyamory story.

I'm going to put in a good word for a vastly underrated story, Silver Quill's Earth, Wind and Fire. The story revolves entirely around the Mane 6 staggering toward acceptance of their needs and desires and dysfunctions, and (mild spoiler) is one giant slow burn toward two poly triads. Based on your request you should get a lot out of it. :twilightsmile:

That does look like a promising story; added to Read Later.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your description, that's not quite the "slow realization" scenario I meant (it sounds like they're figuring out that they want such a relationship, rather than figuring out that they ended up in something like one without realizing it), but nonetheless the story itself looks quite good.

Hmm, yeah, I'm drawing a blank on stories about ending up in polyamory before figuring out what's going on. (But thank you for the pointer to Just A Couple Of Ponies; I read a few chapters and it's been enjoyable.)

2464276 I think you'll find that's a common trope in most romances. I used some variation on that in Green, I Love To See You Smile, First Steps...

I think you'll find that's a common trope in most romances.

True, and I've seen other stories with that premise (and half of your stories are on either my read later list or favorites list, including those), but given the group I'm asking in, I was specifically looking for stories involving the slow realization of more than just a two-pony relationship, based on having enjoyed one such story. Just A Couple of Ponies involved an existing romantic couple plus one more pony, with none of the three realizing that they were halfway to a trio already and just hadn't quite come to terms with it yet or turned it into a romantic relationship; that scenario worked quite well, and I wondered if any other stories had taken a similar approach, with or without the existence of a romantic couple among the group already.

2464772 Oh, well, then you'd be interested in the developing Twinklestia in Green... and on something else I am currently writing. Also, Unexpected Confessions has that going on.

Nice! Green is one of those already on my read later list; that detail makes it all the more appealing to read sooner rather than later. And I don't know how I haven't read Unexpected Confessions yet; that looks quite excellent. Thanks for both recommendations!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9