World War Bronies 733 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

You read the title right. Describe in detail how Hitler would attack Equestria...and how he would either succeed or fail.

Kot

Depending on the tech

fail. I have Equestria having modern tech so it's 109's vs f-16's and panzers vs M1's. So I think he would fail.

Blitzkrieg. Just like Poland. Complete control in Three weeks tops.

Hitler would probably bite off more than he could chew, stretch his forces thin, and leave his forces vulnerable.

Equestria from the first season, and the Third Reich before they attack Stalingrad.

Just a sec, let me dig into my 1940 story. And it's based in real history, although twisted:

“It is worse, Colonel Bradley. Far worse.” Celestia passed over more photos, these seemingly taken in much more difficult conditions with dark shadows and poor lighting. Several of them showed submarines, but far longer and fatter than the ones Jon was used to seeing in newspaper photographs, with a series of hatches down both sides of the center.

“Modified type IX U-boats under construction,” said Celestia. “Kept a complete secret from me and built to carry the same solid-fuel rockets in those photos. Do you know what a few of these off Equestria’s coast would do to my little ponies?”

Colonel Bradley studied the photographs before giving a short shake to his head. “I’m not much of a photo analyst, but these can’t carry more than maybe half a ton of explosive each, at most. I doubt if they could land less than a mile away from their target, so all they can do is frighten people… I mean ponies. Maybe knock down a few buildings and kill a hundred of your subjects, but…”

Bradley trailed off when Celestia passed over one last photograph. It was of a dark mare, twisted and contorted with lips drawn back over bared teeth and a bloody froth coming out of her nose. She was undeniably dead, with several autopsy incisions labelled in precise numbers which matched the notions on the white margins covered in German writing. The gruesome photo was attached to a clinical form on which several stamps indicated the critical security level of the document, and which Jon was suddenly aware that Celestia had not acquired by any normal diplomatic process.

“Substance 146,” said Celestia in a cold, flat voice that brought ice up Jon’s spine. “The Germans have a plant by Münster to produce it, and have started construction on more of them. A few drops will kill a human. A single drop will kill a pony. The research was supposed to be producing insecticides to help grow food, which is the only reason I allowed Root Stock to work with the Reich on their project. They claimed her death was an unavoidable accident.”

In tech he wins hands down but he has three problems.

1-Weather.

The ponies will evacuate everyone and create the worst weather ever. Tornados and rain, followed by polar conditions cold enough to freeze human limbs off and make weapons fail to work.

2-Magic

Spells can take the place of firearms for the ponies.

3-Changelings

If they feel threatened, changelings can pick off scouts, then officers and NCOs, and then generals and marshals and finally Hitler himself.

Not to mention Changelings can turn into anything so one could just turn into a He-111 or any German plane and just attack Hitler.

Blitzkrieg. Just like Poland. Complete control in Three weeks tops.

Equestria does not border Germany. He will have to navally invade. Blitzkrieg is a tactic for LAND, not sea.

Hitler would probably bite off more than he could chew, stretch his forces thin, and leave his forces vulnerable.

Because he was totally incompetent before Stalingrad...

The ponies will evacuate everyone and create the worst weather ever. Tornados and rain, followed by polar conditions cold enough to freeze human limbs off and make weapons fail to work.

Yes, because they can evacuate every coastal city and keep horrible weather over the entire country for 3 years with zero repercussions.

Spells can take the place of firearms for the ponies.

Oh goodie, the old "Magic > Guns" argument...

If they feel threatened, changelings can pick off scouts, then officers and NCOs, and then generals and marshals and finally Hitler himself.

This plan can not backfire in any way. This will totally not lead to a genocide of the changelings...

Not to mention Changelings can turn into anything so one could just turn into a He-111 or any German plane and just attack Hitler.

Because obviously planes can float in the air and have a max speed of 30 km/h. Planes also do not have spinning propellors.

there are a lot of variables to consider such as how germany and equestria occupies the same world, or where they are in relation to each other.

if its a portal where its located.

how long this attack was planned, whose leader, troops involved,

whther the ponies are aware of the threat or totatally surprised

other allied forces

what the exact goals are of said attack

as well as why.

i ask this as change just one of these varible can change the outcome of the war drastaclly.

bombs, aritllery, guns, tanks, grenades and millions of soldiers vs swords, spears, shields, magic and guards that can barely guard. hitler

It would all depend on how the German military gets to Equestria. Is there just a massive magical portal on the German boarder, is there an ocean between Germany and Equestria, or maybe there are multiple ways to get to Equestria?
That was Hitler's problem with England: he couldn't blitzkrieg with an ocean in the way, so he used the German air force (and he ignored military targets). The Battle of Britain resulted in Allied victory of course. But if the German army has easy land access to the Equestrian boarder, then I imagine that the wehrmacht would be able to use it's blitzkrieg tactics to good effect. The equestrians would have no effective way to destroy tanks aside from magic, which would be limited to how many unicorns are actually present at the battles.
Another major factor would be what year it is. Is the German army using Panzer-II, MP40, and BF-109s? Or do they have STG-44s, Tiger Tanks, and ME-262s?

The Germans would have technical Superiority no matter what, but they would no doubt be surprised by the Equestrians ability to use magic. Celestia and Luna have control over the sun and moon, which is a huge advantage they would hold over Hitler and the Germans. German bombers are attacking at night to avoid Pegasus soldiers? Move the sun up. And then there is the Equestrians ability to control the weather. The Pegasi (I probably spelled that wrong) could easily move a massive storm over the Panzer Divisions, bogging down the panzers in mud and reducing their visibility. If you study history, then you would probably know about the huge storm that nearly destroyed the British soldiers who burned Washington in the war of 1812.

If Hitler has to invade by sea, it would be rather difficult. The biggest advantage the Germans had in terms of naval power was the U-Boats. The German Navy did not have a lot of cruisers, battleships, or destroyers (although they had quite a few, they did not have as many as they would have liked).

I don't see that, but It's up to you...

You are judging the Royals Guard by their inability to fight an insane alicorn well above their power level, a God of Chaos that can warp reality at will and takes a super weapon to defeat, a surprise attack by shaoeshofter that can take the former of their allies and civilians, as well as an enemy that they were not informed about and can steal their magic at will being assisted by the God of Chaos.

Against those odds even the best military on the planet would be hard pressed to win much less one dulled by peace time.

The only time we have seen the Guard actually fight was the Sombra timeliness and they were doing a damn good job against mind controlled enemies who most likely would fight to the death and not retreat.

Discord may not chose aside he is the god of CHAOS so he would probably enjoy a war
Not to mention equestria doesn't often have wars the last time we know of there being a war is king sombra.

And it is a royal guard not an army.
And celestia and Luna would probably would be hesitant to fight because they're a peaceful nation.

And going to you point about the alternate timeline that war started in season 3, if sombra took over but twilight went to that timeline in s5 so they had been fighting 2 years and therefore they had an army at that point (probably) that were trained specifically to fight sombras army. We also never knew where that battle was, it could have been next to canterlot, for all we know.

And with the German weapons a lot of the guard would be killed before they are even in striking range of a sword of spear.
In battle a sword of spear wont do much against a tank, magic may help in range combat and against tanks and other armoured vehicles but only bout a third of the guard are unicorns.

Equestrian navy is wooden ships. No contest there

Royal Guard is not an army.

so the Swiss Guard is not an army even though they are armed and trained as such?

just because they have the word "guard" in their name doesnt mean they arent an army. in the Sombra timeline ost of the soldiers fighting were the Royal Gaurd.

while i admit the guards of the show defoently are not battle hardened veterans that is explained as the fact the nation has not faced a major confliced in 1000 years that we know of. so they are dulled but that still doesnt mean they are not an army since we have seen them deployed to handle threats as one would deploy their military.

as for being slow to respond, if attacked i dont think the Royals would hesitate to meet the threat and defend themselves even if they do prefer peace.

as for guns..yeah first waves would fall mostly because of the fact equestria doesnt have firearms so wouldnt know waht it was at first. but they do have offensive spells so would treat the firearms as one would treat offensive magic.

once the situation was more understood it would be about an even fght in terms of strength as 1940s tech would be about the equviliant of magic in theory.

though that all depends on how exteisive one views the magic of equestria and the sort of spells they have.

if they can cause fire to rain from the sky or the ground to open up to swallow an army then not much of a contest though that is one of the variable i entioned in my first post above. there are many variable that would decide who got the upper hand.

if the invasion came trough a mirror like EQG then that is very easily containted as only one or 2 soldiers could come through nd all youd have to do it basically locked the door or bury the thing.

if germany and Equestria occupyed the same worled it matters more on where they ar ein relation to each other.

as i said many variables would be at place and both sides could have the advantage and gain victory based on them.

Rarity takes Manehatten shows a modern ferry. They have the capability to build what we have.

I don't see it being used Enmasse

Doesn't mean it isn't.

yes because a slap fight proves how useful the royal guard are at fighting.

oh? and what do you expect a war to look like in a TV-Y show? the opening to Saving Private Ryan?

its a childrens show, that was the msot violent they could get and not be censored and it still showed the guards holding their own agaisnt mind controled soldiers. basically it showed them fighting a more normal threat, not one that requires a Super Weapon to defeat or a litteral Daus Ex Machina.

No i wasn't expecting that.

yet you criticize the show for showing a war as violent as they could while staying within the rating.

the fact they even showed a war in a show aimed at 6 year olds was a huge surprise as usually things like that are immedietly shut down or censored and the writer ahve to fine metphors such as Tanks for the Memories being a metaphor for death as you cant mention death in a kids show.

least nowadays you can't. And I realize I sound like some grumpy old man when I say that. But I think this may be getting a bit too heated. so I'm backing down.

I agree. In terms of naval combat, the Germans would win every time. The problem is being able to transport a lot of troops on shot notice on transport ships that Germany doesn't have a lot of. In a straight up naval engagement, the Germans have every advantage... But don't forget about the Equestrians ability to control the weather. They could probably send a hurricane in the middle of a German fleet.

There are still paratroopers. The Germans can very well drop many paratroopers. There is also bombing runs

>what about weather manipulation
So the pegasi can keep bad weather over the entire country for years? No.

Get sompony to use time magic! They can learn how to win from every defeat Equestria suffers and probably even steal Nazi tech. :yay:

Neither, the Soviets invade and puppet both of them

Princess Luna could just give Hitler nightmare or something, and he can shoot themselves even earlier.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35