The Bionicle Group 241 members · 63 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I love accents, I love listening to the different ways people talk and the history that goes in to influencing a given accent, and whilst rewatching the original trilogy I couldn't help but come up with something of a fan theory that plays into this.

for the purposes of this you'll have to disregard the vast majority of the VA's which starred in the original movies, though there are some instances where a few characters from a given element have inspired a few choices.

what if each Matoran tribe/element had their own accent?

Take Lewa for example, in the films he speaks with an Irish lilt. so what if Le and Bo Matoran (I figure they tend to occupy similar environments) speak in a variety of Celtic accents, Irish, Scottish, West Country (stereotypical Pirate accent for those outside the UK).

Then you have some Fire characters like Vakama and Norik, I may be wrong but to me they sound like they're speaking in a formal English accent, so what if you had Ta-Matoran speaking different English regional accents? Personally speaking a gruff character like Tahu feels suited to a Northern accent (Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, broadly speaking), think Thorin from the Hobbit

that's about all I've got, would be interested to hear other peoples takes on this theory

Toa Coy
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2