The Petriculture Cycle 455 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Kwakerjak
Group Admin

Okay, it’s been a while since I posted anything on here--sorry about that. Busy writing, and such. If you want progress updates on individual chapters, it’s probably best to watch my account so that you can be notified of my blog updates.

That said, here’s something you may find interesting. I’ve noted in the past that each chapter in Pandelirium is named after a song by one of my favorite bands, Legendary Shack Shakers* (and the story as a whole is named after their third album). As their Wikipedia entry puts it, their style is a mix of “punk, Delta blues, rockabilly, Texas polka, and gothic rock” -- perfect for a story about Discord, right?

Thus, as a service to my readers, I’ve scoured YouTube for copies of these songs. Sadly, they aren’t all of the best quality, mostly because in many cases, the only readily available versions are live performances, doubtless recorded using a mobile phone, which tends to result in somewhat unintelligible lyrics. Still, it’s better than nothing. The titles of unposted chapters are subject to change, and have their names covered with spoiler tags, and links instead of embedded videos. You know, in case you wanted to be surprised by a vague chapter title for some reason.

Chapter 10: Down and Out

Chapter 9: Piss and Vinegar

Chapter 8: Help Me From My Brain

Chapter 7: No Such Thing

Chapter 6: The Pony to Bet On

Chapter 5: Devil's Night Auction

Chapter 4: Thin the Herd

Chapter 3: The Deadening

Chapter 2: Sin Eater - Link

Chapter 1: Where's the Devil When You Need Him? - Link

Prologue: Dawn - I couldn't actually find a video of this song, most likely because it's one of those thirty-second transitional tracks whose sole purpose is to help an album flow together better.

*Actually, the band's official name seems to keep changing (Those Legendary Shack Shakers, Th' Legendary Shack*Shakers, etc.), but it's always been some variation of "Legendary Shack Shakers."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2