RWBY Fan Club 700 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

So the way I see it there are three major scenes that are used, the food fight, the run at Mercury and her running in the forest in V1. None of those are usable for various reasons. Firstly, the forest one is out for two reasons, 1. the trees are moving at a different angle to Ruby and 2. She isn't going top speed, that involves turning into rose petals.

The mercury thing is weird because the only measures we have is distance and time, but Ruby hits top or near top speed there and while I haven't done the math, the distance/time amount is far to screwed to allow her to reach top speed. What I mean is that she covers a short distance over too much time.

To expand on that issue, the food fight. I did the math here, based on what we see the cafeteria is around two football fields in length and it takes around 8 seconds for Ruby to cross it, that comes to around... 61 Km/h, an unusable number as she couldn't have generated that wind wall at any subsonic speeds. For this scene you'd need to calculate the wind force needed to hold JNPR up against the wall (As well as damage the wall) but no one does, and I can't.

But there is hope, Tyrian and Qrow fought faster than the eye could see (Around mach 49, as far as I could gather) for the most part, that's a lot faster than sound and Ruby could track them, not well but she could. This puts at an estimate that she's faster than Qrow as we know Ruby can't react fast enough while running. So hey a way to estimate Ruby's speed, nice.

But this brings me to another issue, there are several characters with easily calculated speed feats, Yang dodged fire from a revolver (I think, haven't had a chance to go back and look), Adam deflected (Idiot, use your semblance) fire from what is likely a glock or something similar, one of the only weapons that's recoil can't launch it's user. And then the big one, Cinder blocks 50 cal rounds that are far faster than anything on earth. That part annoys me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1