Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

Hate to say it, the only EQG:LOE I could find online was a bootleg Brazilian copy where they cut out all the Harshwhinny scenes. Can someone tell me what happened in them so I can decide whether to shell out for the full edition? Thanks.

Comment posted by Freewing Alchemist P deleted Sep 26th, 2016
Comment posted by Freewing Alchemist P deleted Sep 26th, 2016

5512469 SPOILERS BELOW:

A key scene to me that might have gotten cut is when Gloriosa Daisy asks everyone present what they want to do for fun, and an older voice suggests having girls ride scooters through hoops.

horizon
Group Contributor

Ooh, shame you didn't get the Peruvian dub. I hear that's the one with the Harshwhinny shower scene that was cut from US general release.

Thanks, man.:ajsmug:

Still no Harshwhinny scenes. I'll keep looking.

Those damn Peruvians!:flutterrage: They always get the great scenes that our mommy-state thinks are too "professional" or some such garbage.

Skywriter
Group Admin

5514423, 5514330, 5514054
Well, if you can find a copy of the Ukrainian dub, Harshwhinny sings a heartfelt love song to Rainbow Dash while they're both in the shower together. Unfortunately the song is in Ukrainian.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Might not want to actually post youtube videos of it here. It's actually against site rules to post youtube videos of episodes or "other copyrighted material", and I've seen 'em enforce that before. That's one reason why I usually just say to search dailymotion for the Ms Harshwhinny Special, or something similar...

--Sweetie Belle

5514477 Sorry, so you want to me to take it down then?

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Well, if this was a group I was an admin in, I'd say to take it down. The only one that actually has authority to say to take it down here is 5514473.

But I think it'd be a good idea to in case Meeester or somepony else on the site staff happens by and sees it.

--Sweetie Belle

Skywriter
Group Admin

I bow to your superior authority.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

I actually kinda find I forget when I'm not an admin in groups sometimes. Of course, I'm an admin in enough groups that I'm not the only one who forgets, too...

--Sweetie Belle

5514473 Is that the juicy scene where Mrs. Harshwhinny inspects the camp showers and informs Gloriosa they are inadequate?

What in the hay? Maybe the rest of the world should just declare war on Brazil. How dare they remove Ms. Harshwhinny? :flutterrage:

horizon
Group Contributor

Careful how you describe that, man! There are fillies present!

… I'll be in my bunk

horizon
Group Contributor

As a public service to our non-Ukranian speakers (and those who can't obtain a rip of the foreign version) I have transcribed and translated the song:

НАЯСНШНІЙЙІ (HARSHWHINNY):
солодка картопля, солодка картопля
Я хвалила Сталіна, як я урожай шість
солодка картопля, солодка картопля
Тоді я пом'яти їх, і нехай вони бродіння
Шість тижнів тому, шість років по тому
Навіть тоді у мене не буде горілки
My little Dashie, My little Dashie
I wish you were my filly in a box
My little Dashie, My little Dashie
Ah, but now I must judge you as an adult
All are inadequate in my eyes
But you are less inadequate than most

РАІЙБОШ ДАСН (RAINBOW DASH):
Прекрасний картопля, прекрасний картопля
Якщо ви зелений, то я міг би померти
Прекрасний картопля, прекрасний картопля
Якби я був ірландцем, то я міг би з'їсти тебе
Замість цього я пом'яти тебе за горілкою
І плакати сльозами алкоголю на тундру
My little Harshie, my little Harshie
I feel your eyes upon me always
With perfect and relentless disdain
You will not accept less than my best
Which is why we must chillax together

ЧШЕРҐЯСВГ (BOTH):
безбарвні зелені ідеї люто сплять
Perhaps this is the basis for friendship

5514917 5514894 5514533 5514482 5514423

horizon
Group Contributor

Uhh, are you really sure that that's the best translation? I mean, for one, солодка literally means "sweet", so why would you use "little" when "my sweet Dashie" is more factually correct?

Also, there's no poetry in it. Many translators try to carry the meaning over even if it means taking some liberties with the words. For example, this should totally rhyme the same way the original does, like for example that second verse would be better as:
Your eyes 'pon me have always lain
With perfect, relentless disdain

C'mon man, we're fans of the Eternal Judge. Put some effort into it.

horizon
Group Contributor

> criticizes me for not using the literal "sweet"
> then criticizes me for not taking liberties with the wording

:ajbemused:

You want poetry, write it yourself. I *translated* it. My version is completely factually accurate, except for a few liberties here and there which are unavoidable when trying to localize idioms. For example, Dash calls Harshwhinny картопля, which literally means "potato", but in context it's clearly a term of endearment, and a literally literal translation wouldn't carry the depths of their passion.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Are you sure of the transcription? I heard she looked at the showers, stuck her muzzle in the air, said "Hurumph!", and walked off.

Besides, this is google translates translation:

sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes
I praised Stalin as I harvest six
sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes
Then I mash them and let them ferment
Six weeks ago, six years later
Even then I will not have vodka

Beautiful potatoes, lovely potatoes
If you're green, I could die
Beautiful potatoes, lovely potatoes
If I were Irish, I could eat you
Instead I mash you for vodka
I cry tears of alcohol on the tundra

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously

--Sweetie Belle

5515028 and 5515044 stop bickering. We are all adults here, with the possible exception of 5514533 . There is no need to be pedantic about translations when we should simply rejoice in the fact that we even HAVE these scenes (deleted or otherwise) of Her Harshness in action. I think we can all agree that the animators took some liberties with representing her, certainly. Like us, they are not worthy of Her perfection.

BUT! They still did a wonderful job, and She did the song perfectly (of course) in Russian! We should be focusing on the positive here!

horizon
Group Contributor

See what I mean? That doesn't carry the depths of their passion through at all!

I hate to say it, but you're both wrong. Sweetie, you saw the edition from back when Ukraine was in the Soviet Union 30 years ago (they were the test-audience). horizon, yours is actually the Russian translation, presumably from the shitty parts of Ukraine that speak Russian.

Fortunately, you have a guy descended from Ukrainian immigrants here to save the day. Miss Harshwhinny's lines go roughly:

Miss Dash, Miss Dash,
You require discipline
Miss Dash, Miss Dash,
And I shall provide it
Within these showers we shall make sweet love
All characters in this movie are 18 and up.

Then Dash says,

Miss Harshwhinny, Miss Harshwhinny,
You're the sexiest thing alive
Miss Harshwhinny, Miss Harshwhinny,
I'll shut up if you kiss me
I'll invite all my friends
And we shall have a flaming hot orgy

Interestingly, the line they then say together translates the same as the Soviet verion:

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously

Skywriter
Group Admin

5514894 : Yes.

5515018 : This is also correct.

I am capable of declaring two seemingly-incompatible viewpoints simultaneously true. That is why I am the moderator.

But, Rabbi, they can't both be right!

Skywriter
Group Admin

You know, you're right!

(Rimshot)

Skywriter
Group Admin

Man, the Ukraine is the BEST.

5515062 One must realize the metaphorical depths of the song. There are at least three levels to the words alone.

There's three whole worlds to its meaning, and he's only studying the second.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28