Ponky Legacy Group 199 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

In case you missed it (how could you?!), here's a link to Ponky's blog with his epic return video.

I just want to thank everybody who kept Ponky in their thoughts, wrote him e-mails or letters, or simply read his stories and enjoyed his content while he was away.

A small statistic I find interesting: While he was away, Ponky gained 368 followers. While this speaks to his ability as a writer and the strength of his personality, it's also—no doubt—due to the efforts of the people in this group who kept his legacy alive on his behalf.

So, thank you all, seriously. I'm sure Ponky will no doubt want to convey his thanks at some point as well, but I wanted to say it myself. Ky's become one of my closest friends (and adopted brother, in the classic Mando'a tradition), and knowing that all 202 of the people here committed to remembering him while he was working far away is deeply touching. It reminds me of why this community is so great, and how we all ascribe to the values of the show in some small way with our own actions.

I don't know what this group will get up to now that Ponky is home, but let it stand as a monument to a group of otherwise unconnected people who drew together for a common cause and kept the torch burning for somebody we decided we cared about. As far as I'm concerned, we're all friends. Call me sappy, but when people do something for a person you care about, you can't help but care for them as well.

Wait... this isn't the Vimbert group???

Hip-hip hurray! Glad to have been here.

I wish I hung around here more, but I'm happy that I hopped in once in a while.

Thanks, guy! Very kind words from a very kind heart!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6