The Nyxian Alliance 785 members · 221 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Nice drawing! Also Nhx is my favorite OC

5046561 Not bad, even though it's generally accepted that Adult Nyx looks identical to standard Nightmare Moon

Agreed. I've noticed this artist before and *sigh* it's fine to make drawings however you like, but you shouldn't say things like "this is what she looks like" when she doesn't look like that. :facehoof:

An interesting style! The curved horn, fluffy hoof-fur and hair-not-magic mane might be contradicted by the text and show, but there you go. Stylistic choices and all that.
That expression is intriguing. What's she looking at?
Oi! What do you think "rendition" means? :derpyderp1:

To draw something? :duck:

It means interpretation, silly! That's his version, drawn in his style.

I just noticed she's not wearing the boot thingies that canon NMM wore, but instead a kind of shinpad thingy. Another stylistic choice?

5046571 Well who the hell do you think that is? The Mona Lisa?

5048032 All I'm saying is that Nightmare Moon never had a striped mane.

5046800 Have you ever seen a horse try to walk with pots on their hooves? It would be the same result if you but shoes on them.

5046633 I wanted her to have a sense of power about her, and yet, I didn't want it to be menacing. Nyx is a force for good, after all. That's why I didn't give her sharp teeth.

5048077 I wanted her to be SLIGHTLY different from Nightmare Moon. The idea being that one stripe is the purple mane that Nyx is know for, and the other stripe representing the indigo blue of Nightmare, so that the two are in constant conflict with the other, a physical representation of the conflict Nyx feels between her former self as Nightmare Moon, and the innocence of Nyx's time as a filly..

Which, personally, I don't think makes sense. Considering that even when returning to full strength (no matter how briefly), Nyx and Luna never end up sharing bodies at any point during Past Sins.

Also, on that "Nightmare Moon never had a striped mane" bit: Yeah. About that...

Sure looks like a striped mane to me.

Any before anyone says "but that's Nightmare Rarity, not Nightmare Moon", I will point out that, for all intents and purposes, Nightmare Rarity IS (another incarnation of) Nightmare Moon.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17