Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Are there any pony stereotypes you hate? You know, quirks people made about them that were fun for a little bit but eventually turned into people basing their entire personalities around them? Ex: Lyra being obsessed with humans, Derpy being obsessed with muffins, Whooves being treated like he's actually the Doctor, Luna being a gamer, couples that are made because the two just stand next to each other a lot, and others that I'm sure I've missed.

2310786 Yeah, I pretty much hate all seterotypes that you said there.

couples that are made because the two just stand next to each other a lot

That isn't unique to ponies, that is in every fandom.

I dislike gamer stereotypes in general in this particular fandom. Gamer Luna can be acceptable however.

2310786 What Sabata said. I hate just about every fanon theory or extended-universe stereotype that bronies have ever, and probably will ever, come up with.

Correction: "...because the two just stand next to each other once at any given time during the show's entire 3 season plus career thus far, despite never actually interacting with each other during that time nor any time before or after that, even in a way that could so much as suggest they are even acquainted with each other (let alone that they are lesbian lovers), and despite the fact that they have been given no show-canon personality nor purpose outside of that which is necessary for an irrelevant background character."

Can you give me even one example from the fandom of any other series besides this one, where even the most rabid, diehard fans of the show have specifically selected two guys sitting next to each other in the background during a scene unfolding in any public place such as, say, a bus stop or somewhere of the like, and proclaimed that by their logic, these two completely random individuals must be gay lovers since they are situated next to each other? Even one example?

Neither can I.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Every single charater that has ever been shown together are always shipped together.

The only example I need is the entire site of r34.

If you're saying that every character in MLP is constantly shipped with each other then I do agree.

But can you give me even one example from any show at all besides FiM, where fans ship background characters that have no interaction with one another outside of being positioned close to each other once in a single seconds-long scene?

With gamer Luna, they practically strip her of all personality traits in order to turn her into a gamer girl waifu. There isn't even anything to remotely suggest that Luna would even LIKE video games!

2311268 Well, yea. Gamer Luna is specifically designed to be easily relatable to lots of members of the fandom. She really hasn't had a whole lot of character development, so many like to assume she's a gamer in her spare time because it's pretty amusing.

herds. Not necessarily as much with just ponies, but especially with humans. I mean, it's only ever in places where the cultures are fairly backwards already, and makes women on par with items….
I mean, with humans… just… where did the morals go?

I just really hate the idea, sorry.

Not really. I freakin' love them to pieces. Muffin' loving Derpy, quirky human-obsessed Lyra, gamer Luna, Moelstia... yes yes yes yes yes! Love it all.

On the other hand, I hate certain other fannon things that've cropped up. Like a number of people giving Pokey Pierce a douchebag personality. <-< I'd much rather think of him as a somewhat flamboyant sweetheart.

You enjoy having Celestia turned into a rapist, Luna having all her personality stripped away just to appeal to gamers, and background ponies having their entire personalities being based entirely on one thing they did?

I enjoy not taking things too seriously.

"Molestia" isn't really a rapist, depending on which version you're talking about. The version I'm fond of is just an encourageable perv. :P And I never said anything about entire personalities. Just because Derpy's a huge muffin lover or Lyra is human/hand-obsessed doesn't mean that there isn't more to them. Those are just big quirks attached to whatever else they have going on.

Also, truth be told, I was never the biggest fan of Luna's cannon personality introduced in Luna Eclipsed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14