Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

See This? This right here?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagicS4E25TwilightsKingdomPart1

If you don't want to click the link, I'll quote it here:

Recap: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic S 4 E 25
Princess Celestia chooses Discord over Princess Twilight to help track down a villain.

Isn't this (give-or-take) what we all wanted for S4's first episode?

So my question is:

Is this "Good things come to those who wait" . . . or bad writing and poor planning?

Well, why the hell not? They given Twilight everything else, why not give her her own frikkin' kingdom? Hell, why stop there? Why not give her reign over all of Equestria?

No, they really should have given her all of Equestria. That would have been the logical thing to do. But doing that would mean getting rid of Princess "Plot-Device" Celestia as ruler of the land, and therefore any realistic reason to continue the damn show.

And instead of waiting for the series finale to come around to do this, allowing Twilight's character time to truly grow and learn and become genuinely worthy of the title of "princess" and Celestia's successor, the writers/Hasbro/whoever decided to ruin everything by making her royalty in a rushed, nonsensical fashion, at a point in her life where almost everything in her previous experiences proves that she is anything but princess material. For toys.

People who support the whole Twilicorn thing always try to use the argument that "Lauren Faust said that Twilight was supposed to be Celestia's successor from the beginning."

I look at this "Rainbow Kingdom" nonsense and I laugh. Because it proves that Twilight isn't succeeding Celestia as ruler of Equestria. She's only getting her own pointless nook of it, such is with Cadence and the Crystal Empire. Her position as princess is more undeserved, useless, and nonsensical than it ever was.

Who is the villain?

As with the S4 premiere failed to do, I'm willingly to forgive all the things the writers messed up if they introduce a new, amazing villain. And with that summary, he (or she) better be some kind of A-MAZ-ING villain.

But more to the point,

Odds of the villain being Tirac or some other G1 villain updated?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5