Knights of Night 23 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Necroesphere
Group Admin

Hear ye, Hear ye! I come offering a chance to prove just how dedicated you are to this cause. We, the Knights of Night, shall have our first contest, starting today, June the 12th, 2013. Here are the rules as follows.

1) It must be Luna related! We are the Knights of Night and having anything tying into the other branches of Equestrian law and royalty would be strange. Keep it within these confines.
2) You are allowed an incomplete story. The limit per story is anywhere from 2,000 to 8,000 words. Or at least what you submit at the time. This may seem like a lot, but this will make sense later.
3) Please keep away from clopping or grim-dark. I will not read anything that is super gore fest or just plain out a sexual fantasy. There are other groups out there for that.

As time goes on, there will be more rules, and some special rules corresponding to the competition at hand. Enough of me rambling!

The topic for this month is Luna's founding of the Knights of Night. That's right, a founding story of our guild. Was it just a few ponies, or many? But, the catch is that as current guildmaster, I am giving you an OC that must be included in your story. Starry Night, the original guildmaster, must be included, though it is just a name. Do with it as you will. Starry Night is whoever you want it to be, male or stallion. Alicorn, no. Must be a pony though.

Have fun writing. To submit your entry, first actually post the story then submit it to the group folder for contest pieces. I will close submissions as of July 10th, and will take about a week to read over and decide a winner.

Here are the rankings as follows.
1st place shall receive bragging rights and be elevated to a higher rank as well as being featured on our front page and special winners folder.
2nd shall receive bragging rights as well and have an honorable mentions on the front page.
3rd shall receive honorable mentions and a pat on the back.

Should you have any questions, post below and I shall answer post haste. Go forth and write, Knights.

I'm working on a stubborn origin story right now so I can't participate.

Did you inform Knighty of this writing challenge?

Necroesphere
Group Admin

How does one do that?

You probably just tell him or something, but this isn't a big group so I don't think it will matter.

Necroesphere
Group Admin

It will be bigger... It will be.

May we use nightmare moon instead of luna?

Necroesphere
Group Admin

No, the founding is before the events of Nightmare Moon.

1110791 very well, i shall make them good, :fluttercry:

Am I allowed to make the story part of my existing fictional universe?
(it will be a new story, written from scratch for the contest and no additional reading will be required)

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Hey, like I said, no bounds. I will pick the best to use. But Starry Night must be a character and it must be Princess Luna.

1113230 hey I added the story, but no peeking since there is still a little work left to be done on it

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11