Authors Helping Authors 2,462 members · 8,589 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

In a couple of weeks, Queen Chrysalis makes a return.

While it's a good thing that she's coming back, the events of the episode (which I don't know yet) may hurt an idea that I have bouncing around in my head and plan to write. In the story, Ocellus is the daughter of Chrysalis, part of her final brood before she left. She was raised with friendship under the leadership of King Thorax.

But since she's the Queen's eldest daughter (female Changelings are rare), she would be the next in line to be Queen under the old regime. And it seems that Chrysalis is trying to convince her to turn against everything she knows (friends, the hive, the Mane six) and be like her. The old changeling instincts also seem to be bubbling up to the surface (she even tries to attack Silverstream).

She doesn't want to be her mother, she doesn't want to be like the old changelings. But she's having trouble holding on and fighting all this.

I'm just wondering what to do. Should I wait until the episode airs? Should I just write it and hope for the best?

I’d say you can make your own AU because a show’s headcannon shouldn’t stop you from writing a story. Many fan fics are “ruined” because of the show confirming specific facts. I have a story with Chrysalis but I am not going to change the series because of the changeling metamorphosis.

There are many AUs out there and some readers prefer them over the show cannon. :3

I don't feel a shows progression should hamper your ideas, or any idea for that matter. I can use some of my own work as an example, mainly because I use a lot of AU in my writing and sometimes show stuff doesn't happen, like the Changeling metamorphosis, I like how they originally work and their black design, but the point being I didn't let it hamper any of my ideas. In one of my works, DMM it's heavily AU, deals with the next generation offspring of the pairings I picked and certain things didn't happen, like Twilight becoming an Alicorn. This fic idea was conceived a season after she got her wings, I just decided to keep her a Unicorn for the fic idea. So, in summary, if you want to, go for it. I, personally, don't judge a fic on if it's canon or not, only by the quality of itself. I hope I've managed to help. :moustache:

I am so sick of this kind of post. Canon does not matter in the slightest when you are writing fanfiction.

This is fanfiction. I write what I like despite how invalid it is, much to the chagrin of people who think that fanfiction should always stick to canon. Hell, the idea that fanfiction should always stick to canon needs to die. If it always sticks to canon, what's the point?

As someone who has seen the leaked episode (and a HUGE fan of Chrysalis and a big fan of Ocellus) *not going to post spoilers, promise* and well a fan of changelings in general, I say go for it. No matter what happens in the episode it is okay if ones fanfictions don't stick to canon (especially if they end up being epic tales that take you a few years to finish.... When I started my LLtQ series the only changeling episodes we had were the Wedding ones, and MUCH has been added canon wise since then!)
But anyway, heh to stay away from promoting my own stuff :raritywink:, I do have a little to say on the idea. Personally, I like it! I'd love to read a story where Ocellus is actually Chrysalis's daughter and how she struggles with being who she is now or going with what her mother wants for her. (Sure the general idea might be a tad overused, but if it is implemented well that is not a problem with me.) So if anything, you will have at least one reader, reading it if you do write it. :twilightsmile:

Write it! Screw what the episode does!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7