Authors Helping Authors 2,462 members · 8,589 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

So my daughter Tillie, (the same who has 406 watchers on deviant art b/c she's just that awesome) Tillie's art has come up with a remarkable story and characters, with some help with her Dad to mature up the story and make it consistent (and riveting). I launched it last week, with the next part currently in an editor's hands for a final go-through. Its called The Amulet of Shades

I would... like a review. :yay: I am trying to promote her story (which if I do say so myself is going to be a wild ride) and it is a rather big story at that. So - we are coming in here on the ground level, but just the same, I am seeing what I can do to get support for her story. So if you don't mind a 47 yr. old brony reviewing your fic in return, come forward! The story is also being produced on her dA page as a comic, and we are... about 74 pages into it. Whew.
<--- discarded cover art we decided not to use... But still good.

Thanks in advance for giving it a go, and I'll be happy to return the favor!
-Sparkle Cola

Oh wow, your daughter’s so good at art! I love her color-penciled ones especially. I’m 15 too, and can’t draw to save my life.

heh. Back when she was five, I was giving her older brothers lessons on drawing. The subject was to do a 3-D sketch of a birthday cake (you know the one, where the top of the cake is a foreshortened circle with a single candle marking it's center? Anyway, my 3 boys were okay, but poor Tillie couldn't get her cake to look right and broke down into tears...

Fast forward a year and she had a back surgery due to an issue at the bottom of her spinal cord (no worries, it got fixed) but for a while, all she could do for self-entertainment was draw. Well, draw she did, and entertained she was. fast forward to nine years later now and she has drawn A LOT and never looked back, but her starting was sad, but cute.

I’m glad she’s okay now. It’s pretty cool that just practicing can improve a skill so much.

I came across this story already, both on DeviantArt and here on Fimfiction. Meant to read it, but didn't have the time between university midterms . . .

I'll take a look at it soon and comment on the story. And I really like the art! I've been trying to get into digital drawing, but I'm limited to MS Paint and I don't have access to a drawing tablet (I'm a decent artist on paper, not so much on a screen). I'll also check out the comic when I have the time.

Thanks! Little item is that the story here on fimfiction gives that backstory of the main character that the comic skips (but will clue you in as you go). The story in general is planned to have important flashback sequences to fill in the blanks, as I am sure followers of the comic have loads of questions...:twilightsheepish: My editor is holding Part B of Ch. 1. Hopefully he gets through it soon, he was hoping to complete it before today is done... I am currently writing chapter seven, and have loads more material to go.

Sheesh, when I was 15, I was lucky to be able to do stick figures. (Well, I'm that way 40 years later, so...)

He lol I was never good at drawing growing up now I can draw quite a bit and I'm a 25 yr old brony who'd have thought that? I'll give your story a shot man and Tillie's drawing is great! And like her I had to have a bit of back surgery, I was being stupid and climbed in a tree to get away from my parents... well I fell asleep and ended droping out of the tree hitting every branch down. Now that I look back to it it's funny lol.:ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8