Authors Helping Authors 2,461 members · 8,588 stories
Comments ( 80 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 80

I have a idea for story I don't know what to do with it. If anyone wants they can have it The title is Purpose It about Applejack losing her family and a journey to see if she has a purpose.

I've been entertaining an idea for a while but I don't know if its a good one.
The idea is after Luna returns to Equestria, she finds out she had a son when she was on the moon, and Celestia with the last bit of magic left in the elements of harmony, she save the child from spending a thousand years on the moon. Now Luna must face her child that she knows nothing about, and try to connect with the colt who doesn't seem to want her as a mother.

Greetings all, I've got an idea I've been alternating between sitting on and developing for a while now.
Any ideas for additional development and plot twists are welcome.

Title: Rise of the Cherry Blossom
Summary: An ancient demon from the depths of history has returned to Equestria and has imprisoned all those with the power to oppose it. Now the only hope for pony kind lies with an legendary warrior who bears the mark of the cherry blossom that will restore peace to the land.
A universe away, a 19 year old kamikaze pilot named Ayaka Sato is strapped into the cockpit of an Ohka (cherry blossom) rocket plane and embarks on what will certainly be his first and last mission. However, Destiny and fate have other plans.

Seeing as Kamikaze pilots where incredibly devoted to the cause, having to deal with failing the mission and still being alive to take it in is going to be a major challenge for Ayaka throughout the story. He must deal with not only his new pegasus body but also caring enough to become the legendary warrior that Equestria needs when he'd already resigned himself to a fiery death for his country and failed.

I'd really appreciate hearing what ya'll think of this and whether its worth going ahead with it.

Just because one person doesn't like the idea? I think all ideas have the potential to be a good story. Sit down with your idea and figure out what is happening to who and why. Set yourself some goals or events that you want to have happen. Ask yourself how you can write the story and keep all the characters in character. Draw some story boards, write out some plot points. Figure out if you even have a story to tell before you write it off as a no go.

Interesting.

Also interesting. Though how did they wind up being roommates in the first place? That is a story in and of itself, I think.

Sounds rad. I'd read it.

Sounds hilarious. I'd read it.

I think this is an interesting idea, reminds me of Grantville from the 163X 'verse by Eric Flint. I honestly would really prefer if the lead human is female. I feel like het male humans are terribly overdone and I also really can't stand the Lyra is obsessed with hands/humans meme thing that the fandom has going on. She is like, a caricature of a character in most of those stories when she has those "traits". Though maybe you could make the lead be two or three different human characters.

Interesting idea. There is also the painted desert in the American Southwest that also has crazy colored strata.

I like dragons.

Some very serious mind fuckery would have to go down for some mare/woman to NOT KNOW she had a child. I know there are dumb shows out there called something like "I didn't know I was pregnant" but that is seriously very rare and unusual and most of the women on there were in such poor health they just thought they were sicker than usual and never even went to a doctor with their symptoms. (I kinda use to watch the show, it was one of my guilty pleasures back when I had free time.:twilightblush:)
Maybe, though, you could do a story where Luna finds out Celestia had a son from the good King Sombra from the alternate dimension in the comic books. Or perhaps she had a son BEFORE she went craycray and got banished, and now she is trying to learn about what happened to him and if she has any descendants.

That sounds quite interesting.

Some story ideas I'd like to share, if you don't mind.

My Fair Pony/Pinkmalion
When the Pie Family Rock Farm is in danger of going bankrupt, Pinkie's family suggests her use her role as an Element of Harmony to convince a board of Canterlot unicorns to give them funding. The problem is that rock farmers have a bad stereotype as being criminals, not to mention general Canterlot snobbishness towards the "lower classes". While their friends try to keep the farm afloat, Rarity needs to train Pinkie Pie in the art of being "A Lady", if they are to have any hope of convincing the board to help.

Not-So-Daring
A Daring Do adventure story, with a little bit of a twist; set at the beginning of Season two, Daring is trekking her way through a jungle when Discord escapes. He appears before her (with an off-hand mention that he's taking care of other AU Element bearers before taking on the real deal) and discords her. Now a coward, Daring Do has to try and survive an ever-changing jungle, evading her old foes and try to find a cure to her situation before it's too late.

I recently decided to write a Alternate Universe Equestria Girls story where Sunset Shimmer is a human hero and Twilight and the Mane Six are stereotypical bad girls. (At least on the surface). So just like in the first EQG Sunset Shimmer has to take on the mean girls and save the school...etc. etc.
Here are a few story notes
.Sunset Shimmer isn't a goody goody but she is a nice or at least honest person in this alternate universe. Oh an she's Human.
.Twilight is a bad girl, but she hides it by pretending to be a sweet studious figure in the school. Sort of like that scene with Sunset and Vice Principle Luna in EQG but throughout the entire story. And it makes more sense with Twilight
.The other mane six are darkened versions of their true selves...not totally OOC but more of you take their already existing darker aspects and amp it up to Eleven!
.There will be a twist at the end but I'm spoiling that. If you REALLY wanna know the twist ending, PM me and I'll tell yuh.
So that's all I got so far, but the problem is I still feel my story is missing a lot, so far I'm only writing the first chapter and that's mostly set up the characters and setting, I still haven't formulated a story, and I still feel my story just hasn't captured as Photo Finish would say...DA MAJIKS! So I need some advice. If you were writing a AU Equestria Girls story in the same vain (Please don't let me writing one stop you!) how would do it and what would you suggest?

IDEA:

Fifty years after Princess Twilight's coronation, Twilight refuses to believe that Applejack is about to die of some Equestrian disease yadda yadda and when they attend her funeral Twilight acts like it's Applejack's birthday, wearing a party hat and wondering why nopony was happy. Her friends take it as grief and ignore this with little to no concern.

THEN SHE STARTS TALKING TO 'APPLEJACK' EVEN THOUGH NOPONY WAS IN FRONT OF HER

Celestia becomes concerned and visits her. Twilight becomes angry and keeps saying Applejack was right beside her with phrases like,"But she's right here! She promised she'll be by my side at all times! She wouldn't lie to me. . . " then attacks Celestia because she was being mean to Applejack, forcing Celestia to knock her out and take her to the Canterlot Hospital for further information.

It was found out that Applejack's fear of their friendships breaking apart was shipped straight to Twilight upon her death due to the fact that Twilight was the whole reason they were friends. There can't be a new chosen bearer because the Elements are what make up the element of friendship, or magic. So when one of the elements die, Twilight becomes the new bearer. When all of them die, twilight will be too weak to support all elements, the magic of friendship, and the stronger copy of it that came to be because of the elements. Celestia will have to be forced to dissassemble her soul, her magical cores, and her magical energy so that they can be stored to regenerate the new elements of harmony, the old ones having faded over time and the death of their bearers. Upon their regeneration chaos that no lord of chaos or sun goddess can control will ensue, unleashing all beasts of Tartarus. It will be up to the new elements to repel all the evil from Equestria.

And since the power is too much for even luna, celestia, cadence and discord combined to handle, they dissolve into energy, spreading all their magic across Equestria and storing most of it into the elements, which regenerate a new sun goddess, moon goddess, princess of love and chaos dictator.

Oh god this is so long

Because I have a fuck-ton of ideas written (over 100) , I'll just put the link to the doc right here

Hello, this idea has been floating for a while and i can't really seem to put it down. The problem however is that i'm already working on several stories to the point of ADD. So i'm asking is this story worth starting even though i'm already split.

An american soldier -not special forces or delta force- gets teleported to bad lands and taken by queen chrysalis, after time in the hive being subjected to love drain a female pup diamond dog (standard scared little girl motif) is set up next to him. The pup reminds him of his own daughter and family back home, after eventually being freed he sought to make his way home. However when finds there is noway to return. He makes the decision to create a home there for himself and his adopted daughter.

I plan this to be a slice of life story with bits of action thrown in. I ask again is this story worth pursuing?

Eh, the "Human soldier in Equestria" types of stories are a little overdone in my opinion. But that's just my opinion, overall it just depends on how well you write it and what you do to make sure people who read it want to keep going. If you're split between other stories, I would suggest keeping the idea written down on a small Word document on your laptop or computer of "Ideas that I have, but can't write until later" list.

Thanks ill probably do that.

The ones i feel are over done are the crossover types like cod, halo, star wars or just super soldiers in general. Nope i want a regular soldier the kind with a family that cant aford to play hero you know an average soldier not special forces, ranger, seals, or delta.

I got a bit of inspiration for this story after listening to a marine tell me about his time in afghanistan.

My idea came while listening to five finger death punch.

My story idea is that during a war, Celestia wants to do something to keep the moral of the citizens and troops high so she transports human musicians and the like to put on a massive concert to support the troops.

I've been thinking of a story idea that goes a little like this.

Equestria civil war. The sides: Earth Ponies and Pegasi against the Unicorns, Royal Guard and Princesses.

The cause: Inequality in Equestria.

Time Period: fifteen years after the end of season 5.

Summery: Equestria has had many discovers over the years, thanks to Twilight and Starlight's combined studies, leading to the invention of many new machines that lead Equestria into a new age of industrial ingenuity. This, of course, doesn't come without price, as new factories require more workers, and there aren't that many unicorns to run them all. So, Earth Ponies and Pegasi are hired to help run steel mills, assembly lines and canneries under the watchful eye of a Unicorn overseer of the factory. This wouldn't be a problem, if the Earth Ponies and Pegasi were paid enough, but as is, there is not minimum wage law in Equestria, and Unicorns, being magic and all, consider themselves higher than other non-magical ponies, the promised pay is reduced to four bits a day. The New Trade agreement had been passed, making Equestria the number one exporter of all manufactured goods to all friendly nations, thus requiring high numbers to work in their factories. The No Unemployment act would later follow making it impossible for ponies to quit and go back to their little self employed stalls selling home grown veggies and fruits, as such ponies were looked upon as "unemployed" by the law, an offence punishable by imprisonment. Soon, Child labor would be enacted to gain the maximum efficiency of each factory.

But then an new discovery takes this power keg, cuts the fuse and lights it. Time Manipulation Magic. It's not in the same realm of Twilight's spell that she learned, where you can go back in time for a few seconds. It's more the slowing down or the speeding up of a single object, or organism, for as long as the caster can hold it for (depending on the object and how much physical strain the caster is under) This allows over seers to cut corners and speed up machines to meet an early quota, thus get some sort of bonus or compensation from the factory Manager's Board. This also means that the already hazardous factory work place becomes more hazardous, and if things go wrong, then the Overseers blame the ponies who worked in the area rather than taking the blame for themselves.

Unfortunately, new type of magic is also a silent threat to the non-magic ponies as if they were to start a riot, and start fighting back against the unicorns Overseers, who claimed they were working under direction of the Princesses, the Royal Guard would step in and use TM magic in combat, and thus the fight would be over before it began. That is until Some Earth Ponies in a mine discovered an element that completely negates all effects of Magic, which they dub as Null. Now Earth Ponies and Pegasi have a way of fighting back, using the Null as a charm to negate all magic that can be thrown at them, making the battle field for the first time, an level stage. Now it's a matter of skill and numbers, and Earth Ponies, led by Applejack, and the Pegasi, led by Rainbow Dash, have the advantage of numbers.

Tell me what you think. Would anyone be interested in reading a story like this?

Who
This draws its inspiration from the season two episode “Owl’s well that ends well”. A year behind Twilight at Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, an aspiring young stallion not only idolizes our favorite lavender unicorn, but has a huge crush on her. When Twilight graduates and moves away, he’s devastated, but doesn’t really know where she’s gone. After doing some research, he discovers she’s in Ponyville, and decides to go after her. Buuuuuut, he’s gotten himself suspended, and grounded, for sneaking into the royal library.

In a desperate attempt to escape, he decides to try a transformation spell so his parents won’t recognize his escape. But he’s forgotten to prepare a counter spell, and he’s now stuck as an owl who can only say "who?". He heads to Ponyville to seek help from the mare of his dreams, whom he knows will be able to help. Once there, he becomes so in awe of just being in her presence that he completely forgets to try to communicate with her, and grows extremely jealous of her annoying pet dragon.

This never took off because, again, I couldn’t figure out where to go with it. Heck, I couldn’t figure out where to start this darn thing. It’s also a comedy, which is not my strong suit, and I couldn’t find enough jokes to throw in.

Ideas?

5338963 it sounds like your aiming for a slice of life comedy you could just write his interactions with spike and they kinda become a comedic pair for off screen fun while the girls are out saving the day.

I want to do crossover slice of life with warframe. Yes I'm aware since the game out its been a hot topic to story off of but after playing the game and looking at the characters I can't help but think of all the possibilities. And since I'm one of those that like to stick as close to the source as possible that rules out any ideas that contradict "the second dream" spoiler so no the tenno cannot physically be in the warframe.

Now then ideas I am working with

1st stereo typical a Tenno ship and all somehow get transported to equestrian. Could go with slice of life or action and purpose on this also I could use just about any warframe for that opener.

2nd (the idea I was playing with the longest) fluttershy finds a crashed Liset and investigates. The warframe (not the tenno) was it by a what I'm calling a deatomizer creating a radiation of void energy that fluttershy absorbs giving her the abilities of valkyr. Fuck I'm spoiling it for you people TENNO ARE NOT INSIDE THE WARFRAMES. the tenno control the WARFRAMES via mind link. Anyway fluttershy's mind is connected to the tenno as they would warframe meaning the tenno can then control Fluttershy. I will be implementation theories I have regarding the connection between warframe and tenno. This goes in with valkyr's back story. Conflict here is tenno wants her "body" back and fluttershy wants to keep her body.

3rd and most recent revolves around the soul sucking demon pixie titania. Basically I want this to be slice of life/action. Where titania still connected to her tenno gets transported to equestria via void. Now the gimmick here is that equestria is heavily polluted in void energy (magic) forcing the warframe to remain indeffinetly in her pixie (shrunken) form.

4th I'm adding this one a bit late because I had to stop before class last night. My final idea was that the grineer with the help of the corpus conquered equestria and uses the ponies as slave labor and research subjects. The ponies are sent around the system to do various tasks (debating Anthro or not). The tail will actually be first person accounts oh the ponies new life styles and how the tenno saved them. This will include all ponies not just mane six. So there will be one story for each the mane six and various back ground ponies. This will include princesses.

I suppose I could make it an ongoing story. Speaking of, I need to bug Knighty again to get [Ongoing] made into a thing as a story tag. There's a difference between "not finished yet" and "this story has no end".

The problem is where to start? I think at one point I had him starting in the classroom where they learn about how to prepare counterspells as a cantrip so that if they transform into an animal they don't get stuck (I'll give you one guess whether or not he paid attention). but from there I think I just got stuck on how the next series of events should go, or how to make it funny. That's my main issue is that I'm not funny. I would need a co-author who's good with the jokes.

If I was doing this story I would start at the moment changes into an owl and realises he doesn't know the counter spell. Then do flash backs later to show his growing crush on twi. You will get a bit of hate for this approach because people on here don't like suspense writing and want everything up front. But I find those are usually written better in the long run.

As for being funny I can't help there unless its slap stick.

Here's one I wanna try, but I need another writer to help, as this will be out of my comfort zone

A human gets sent to a technologically advanced equestria, but gets trapped as an AI deep inside the infosphere of the planet. He tries to escape and/or reach far enough out to make direct contact with someone outside the code, but he can't.
He can, however, leave hints for ponies to hack their way to him, the first person to do so Being Twily, and he becomes basically the Ahem more capable and less comical, spike, he swears himself to her service as a way to repay her freeing him from what was his own personal hell of pure isolation and sensory overload.

Was thinking Spike would be a half dragon-half robot, too, I have many more ideas, if you can use gdocs and wanna write, PM me

Hello everyone, I have an idea for a "Fallout Equestria" based story that I can really use some help with. Please keep in mind that the idea is a continuation of some of my previous non-fallout related stories (that I haven't worked on in a while) where a few of my protagonist characters will appear, including a human.

Anyway, the basic synopsis for this story is that two cyber ponies, (who were created in the same lab but have never met) are trying to make sense of their lives while working for radically different wasteland organizations. (The protagonists are in a place called Stable #111 while the antagonists have yet to be established.) At the same time, in the cannon universe, Twilight and co. become reacquainted with some returning OC’s and are introduced to a few new ones. (All the new OC’s are cyber ponies.) During the visit, Twilight and Rainbow Dash receive a “map quest” to a town I used in a previous story and the OC’s tag along.

During the trip to the “problem” town, Twilight and co.’s train is mysteriously teleported to the "Fallout" universe where the group must quickly learn how to survive as they continue their quest. Along the way, they meet and befriend the other two cyber ponies (unknowingly fulfilling the map quest) and help the residents of Stable #111 defeat the other wasteland faction (thereby helping to save the world) while searching for a way back home.

I'm planning on making this an adventure story and have a lot of ideas but am open to suggestions for improvement and editing help. On a side note, the story is set in the middle of cannon Season 5 and follows the concept of "multi-verse" theory; which would explain the peculiar relationship between several of my OC's.

Please PM me if you’re interested.

An idea at least i'll already be using in the future , Sunset Shimmer goes steady with Flash Sentry, but due the fact he renounces being Alicorned he eventually passes away leaving Sunset bitter, to the point she becomes a despotic dictator. Now not sure, this needs a lot of work or love to become an story.

I was thinking of doing a story that I haven’t seen done yet.

Basically, Sweetie Belle is immortal, and is over three thousand years old. She tells the main six the truth about her past, her travels and experiences, and how each one of them are her disendence from her two siblings in the past.

Idea:

Applebloom is called to the Cutie-Map for a mission with Applejack and Starlight Glimmer. Well, that's not too weird, aside from the map pointing them towards Sweet Apple Acres. But even that's not as weird as the Map looking like it's glitching out and shimmering like it is. The Map suddenly opens up and pulls all three into one of those Time Portals Starlight was so famous for back in the day. They come crashing down right on top of the farm... a day or so after Bright Mac and Pear Butter's wedding!

Well, Apples are Apples, so the trio are invited in, though they keep their real identities quiet for now. While it becomes clear that the Friendship Problem they were called in for is to help Mac, Pear, and Granny move past the awkwardness and resentment caused by the wedding's... explosive moments... AJ and Applebloom also want to spend time with their folks while Starlight provides an outsider perspective. Applejack slowly learns to stop putting her parents up on a pedestal, instead learning to love her parents for the real, living ponies they were, and Applebloom finally has some real memories of her folks.

Because I'd be bored otherwise, Bright Mac and Pear Butter are quick to figure all this out, since Applejack is a terrible liar, and living in Ponyville, even back then, was a weird place where weird things happened all the time (there will be at least one gag about the Great and Powerful Trixie having accidentally also time traveled here once). Hugs, tears, laughter is had by all before the trio return to the future, perhaps with a memento or two.

What if a clown-like monster is the cause of the disappearances of the children of Ponyville and now it's up to the CMC's and a few others, with the help from Pinkie Pie, to find out who's causing IT.

Twist: it's an escaped Pinkie clone wanting friends.

if mlp is bassed of greek mythos and derpy even manages to get mail to terik in Tartarus see school raze then wouldn't that make her Hermes and if Celestia controls the sun that would make her HELIOS and let's not forget luna and she was originally to be p[resented as mare Selene so it wouldn't be far fetched to call cadence as Eros

hmm any others you can think of?

I remember several stories that play on that idea they usually have a dark and racial tone about them

Hey. So I keep having this story idea pop into my head and I really want to go ahead with it but I don’t know it would work or the time it’s set. It’s weird idea, but I can’t seem to get it out of my head.

So, what I was thinking. What if Princess Luna ended up being Sunset Shimmer’s mother? I mean, could be possible right? The idea is that Princess Luna’s has a filly before she just became Nightmare Moon. Jealous of her sister getting all the attention even though she’s just had a filly. A royal baby, but Princess Celestia still obviously got all the attention. (Luna still wants to be the ruler) fights with her sister and Celestia banishes her to the moon. Which then, leaves the filly (Sunset) with Celestia who trains her up as her student (Sunset doesn’t know she’s related, or knows about her Mother)

Soon, when Sunset is much older reads the story about Nightmare Moon after finding hidden boxes in Celestia’s room and finds stuff of Luna’s. Celestia tells her about it (not mentioning that Luna is her mother) Sunset finds out in time. Later, arguing with Celestia about it, demanding to be a Princess just like her mother would want. Celestia refuses. Sunset, in spite of Celestia jumps through the mirror and steals Twilight’s crown to overthrow Celestia.

Obviously, the big question: Is Vice Principal Luna Sunset’s counterpart Mom? Well, what i was thinking is that Vice Principal Luna never had her daughter (something may of happen or VP Luna didn’t have any kids) and then after the Formal. Takes Sunset in. (At first Sunset is convinced that VP Luna is her Mom.) Then after Rainbow Rocks happens Sunset could finally be reunited with Princess Luna (her mother)

I’m not sure if this would work, and it’s a fic that’s not really been done before. It will obviously be set in an Alternative Timeline, but I just don’t know how to add up all the times, Luna was banished for 1000 years so I really don’t know how to work around that. Any help would be great :) Also, I wanted to rate it Mature, since when Sunset entered through the portal to the human world her past before and during CHS is quite dark.

I've been thinking of creating an Idea that emphasizes on the Idea of more lands and regions that exists outside of Equestria. For example, that Equestria has tons of references to various Mythologies and Myths and the idea basically is based on that concept and that the regions eventually are close to war over their different ideologies and with the inclusion of Gods to add on top of that.

It's like an exact representation of all the different historical figures in Greek, Norse, Japan, Egypt, etc.

The main issue is how to start it off. I've been trying to come up with an idea of how to kickstart it but I have no clue what could be good enough to draw in interest for the concept.

attack of the fifty-foot fillies the cmc use a growth potion and while now delirious and sees the town as a giant playset filled with living dolls the main six have to deal with being used as said dolls while trying to rain in the situation and rarity is not liking the dress she is in

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 80