Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

The reason for Season 3's lower episode count was so the writers would have time to work on this movie, which was clearly an attempt to cash on the sucess of "Monster High". All the same this was FiM's deubt onto the silver screen and even if it wasn't exactly what we wanted to see there was no denying we had to see this, at the least in the off chance anything related to it popped up in the future. Even now this movie is a dividing point for fans, but regardless of what we think we have to at least include it in this countdown. Simply because we still got some ponies out of this.

And now for my thoughts: Well this is certainly not movie of the year material or anything but it's still fairly enjoyable. It's about the equivalent of "Batman Forever" a guilty pleassure. The songs are good, the animation is quite nice, and for the most part the human characters aren't bad. I actually like Human Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash better then their pony counterparts. But vice principal Luna's design was ugly and Snips and Snails did not to be made into villans, that role belonged to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Sunset Shimmer is rather intresting, my personal headcannon for her is actually borrowed off of a brony on this site who suggested that Sunset Shimmer is an orphan. And I honestly don't think Flash Sentry is that bad, simply because Flashlight never seemed to move past onesided on Twilight's part, Flash Sentry never seemed to return Twilight's feelings. Spike as a dog was pretty good, and he was surprisingly much more compotent here. And of course I'm sure all of us got a "Sailor Moon" vibe off of the transformations.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1