Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Sorry for not posting a proper countdown for yesterday or the day before but I lost power and DTE sure took their sweet time getting it restored.

5 Days Til Season 4:
When this episode first came out everyone was concerned about the CGI timberwolves, but they were willing to look past it for some AppleSpike shipping fuel. But by the end everyone was disappointed with how this episode turned out, and for good reason.

And now for my thoughts: A pointless co-op with clashing writing styles is a reciepe for disaster, and this episode is proof. Not only do they horribly betray Spike's character but they also make the one pony who he truly cares the most about brush him off like he means nothing to her. The story is extremly cliche and predictable and ironically enough the CGI timberwolves aren't really that bad.

4 Days Til Season 4:
Guess who's back?! Back again?! Discord's back! For the win! Yeah baby, Discord was back and better then ever, and now he was getting a "third chance" at being a good guy. The hype for this episode was incredibly high but this episode seems to be rather hit and miss for a lot of fans.

And now for my thoughts: Discord alone is reason to like this episode, but of course just becuase they had Discord in it does not mean this episode was good. But make no mistake this episode is perhaps the best Season 3 has to offer, and that's a compliment not an insult. John De Lancie is spot on with his performance and even now I'm still wondering why we're not seeing a tank load of "Fluttercord" ship fics. Oh and let's not forget the obvious nod to a classic Disney film, they weren't even trying to be subtle with that one.

3 Days Til Season 4
By the time this episode aired it was all but confirmed that Twilight was going to become an Alicorn in the Season 3 finale, and already the fandom was exploding. Well this episode seemed to have a lot going for it as another Spike episode to make up for his poor handling last time around, and by bringing back the pets. It would also tie directly into the next episode, the first time the show had done this outside of two parters.

And now for my thoughts: Well this episode is good but if it were up to me I would've scrapped this episode as it seems to me like it was only written to try and ride the success of the new "Littlest Pet Shop" cartoon. Yes they gave all the pets personailites, including Gummy and Tank, but Spike wasn't treated that much better in this episode. It was nice to see Angel become more likeable and see the CMC the way they'd been pretty much all of Season 3, but Spike deserves way better then this. Tune in next time to see what I would've done after scrapping this episode.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1