Comments ( 291 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 291
WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Senyu
Title: A New Spark
Genre Tags: AU, Human
Other information: It is a one chapter story and I would appreciate any critiques on the story or my writing abilities. If there is anything else you need before a review please don't hesitate to tell me. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Reviewer: OtterMatt

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: DragonBlazeX
Title: A Dragon's Path
Genre Tags: Romance, Tragedy, Crossover, Adventure, AU, Anthro
Other information: n/a

Reviewer: Golden Vision

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: electreXcessive
Title: Button's Inquiry
Genre Tags: Slice of Life

Reviewer: Pascoite

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Slate Sadpony
Title: The Saga of Slate
Genre Tags: Sad, SoL
Other information: The story is riddled with bad editing - clearly, I cannot be trusted to edit works myself, because I am blind to my own mistakes. Second, it's boring. Whatever good ideas I have are drowning in info-dumps, boring prose and useless information. Third, the quality varies greatly. While there are certain spots where it appears that I know what I'm doing, most of it does not display the level of skill and competence I want to have. However, I do want to put in the time and effort to "fix" this thing. Even if I fail, I figure that I'll gain valuable training and insight that I can put into later works.

Reviewer: Scribblestick

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: HeartTortoisePidgeonDog
Title: Setting the Whole Tickled World A'Dancin
Genre Tags: SoL
Other information: I want to improve as a writer. I am not sure why my stories are generally unpopular, so that could help if I could be enlightened on that, if possible. Pointing out technical errors is great and helpful, of course, but that isn't the main reason I want a review. I want it, chiefly, on the story and style and everything else.

Reviewing this one, my best completed work so far (and a somewhat sort one), I think, could really help me. I would be humbly thankful!

Reviewer: Ambion

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Phoenix999
Title: Gears of Romance
Genre Tags: Romance

Reviewer: FloydianSlip

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: kento124
Title: The Shadow Lands
Genre Tags: Romance, Sad, Adventure, AU
Other information: Its been bugging me for a while, I keep thinking in the future chapter I might end up losing the reader in confusion. With all the motion or transitions they might get lost. I just want to make sure that everything is straight and where it should be.

Shalin is a kingdom in another world parallel to Equestria. Think dark and dreary as Shallin has no sun but only two moons. Sad because of that they have only two season fall and winter. They survive off of green house to grow food and coal mines for heat. There is only two classes, rich and poor. The king that now resides pushes for war over diplomacy.

Reviewer: LaBarata

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: LordSmokedMeatsAndFishes
Title: What Happened To The Orange Frog?
Genre Tags: Comedy/Random
Other information: If you have read this story before you may wish to read it again. It has undergone heavy editing as well as a revised opening and ending making it a considerably better story. Also it's 9377 words if that helps.

Reviewer: MidnightRambler

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Alchemystudent
Title: Story For A Sick Pony
Genre Tags: Adventure, AU
Other information: This is a story I am hoping to get on EQD, but first I need to know about how I am doing in terms of grammar, the way I am connecting the frame story to the plot of the book, the fight scenes, use of the music, and character interactions.

Reviewer: Simon O'Sullivan

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Dragor
Title: Sweetie Belle's Search For Immortality
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure
Other information: This is my first ever fan fiction story. Only chapter 1 is finished so far. One major aspect of this story is a different interpretations of the character Sweetie Belle. She has her dark moments in the show. In this fic she has, due to extra pressure on her, even more of them.

I started writing this story because I thought I was onto something. But now I am starting to fear (due to low responses per view ratio) that the story has fallen in the 'meh' category. I don't want my story to be superficial. Anything but that. I want my stories to be entertaining, not dry. Where am I in this respect?
Also, I want my story to flow. I heard there was a sentence in the story that needed to be read twice. I won’t stand for such a sentence in my story. But I can’t find it. Can you tell me if you come across any awkward sentence please?
I want to know if this story has the potential to get on EQD. I would like to know what I can improve on.
If you see any grammatical mistake (there shouldn't be any despite English not being my first language (I fixed them all, I think)) you can just fix it while you read the story in my original Public Google Doc. I mean...if that's okay with you.
I humbly thank you in advance for any kind of review you choose to give me.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: SleeplessScribe
Title: Chaser
Genre Tags: Adventure, Romance, Dark
Other information: Other information you wish to share: Just would like a review before I attempt submitting to EQD

Reviewer: FloydianSlip

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Maphysto
Title: The End of All That Was
Genre Tags: Tragedy, Sad
Other information: I currently only have the first chapter of this story published. Chapters 2 and 3 are written and can be made available via Google Docs if necessary, but for now I'd just like the first chapter reviewed, since the first chapter is what needs to hook the reader and get him or her interested. Please be blunt and (if need be) brutal in your review; this is my first foray into the Tragedy genre, and I need to know where I need improvement. Thanks for your time!

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Mercury Zero
Title: Just Like Me
Genre Tags: Tragedy
Other information: Your group looks really great.
I'm really new to writing. I'm actually really new to reading too. I've been told I should read a lot in order to improve my writing. I'm going to work on that, but literature was never really an interest of mine until recently.
I wanted to submit something to you guys for a little while now, but the thing I'm most interested in is being able to come up with a good plot, so I didn't want to submit anything unfinished to you for review, because I wouldn't get full feedback on the themes and conflicts I wanted to explore, if I did that.
After I got a little bit of inspiration, I went ahead and made a one-shot. I'd love to hear some thoughtful feedback on it.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: nyemt
Title: Beat To Quarters
Genre Tags: Adventure, AU
Other information: I decided to publish this fic on the advice of my friend and pre-reader. I believe its gotten a fairly good response in terms of upvotes, but the second it left the front page I've been struggling to get views. I want to know if this is through some fault of my writing or if the concept is bland or uninteresting. It is currently unfinished, with a projected final word count somewhere around 16k. The next chapter is currently with the pre-reader. Thanks!

Reviewer: Kalash93

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Sir Brony
Title: Fallout Equestria: Cloud Cover
Genre Tags: Dark, Crossover, AU

Reviewer: ScreenedPlum

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Faindragon
Title: Silence
Genre Tags: Sci-Fi, Dark, AU
Other information: I'm not really certain about if the Alternative Universe tag is actually needed; as a friend of mine said, it could as well be the Equestria future.

Anyways, that aside. It's a try towards a more "horror based" story, something I've wanted to try for a long time. Hopefully, it'll be to someone's liking! The first chapter won't contain this horror, but it'll rather be worked up during the upcoming two chapters, and the story will hopefully be concluded the chapter after that for a total of four chapters.

As a side note, that doesn't have with the fic to do, I just want to say how happy I was when I saw this group/service! To find people who're willing to help other's like this, that makes me happy!

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Dakilladj
Title: Black And White
Genre Tags: Dark, Crossover, AU, Human
Other information: Don't hold back. Criticism should be savoured and used to improve upon every aspect of a story.

Reviewer: IncoherentOrange

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: ZaleAcon
Title: A Game of Chess
Other information: I'm looking for criticism for my story, the entire thing if possible. The reason for this is that I want to eventually go back and completely edit it to make it more enjoyable, but not many people have given it criticism, and I really want to have someone else's opinion on it. Don't be afraid to be blunt about any words, phrases, or characters that you feel need to be improved, either; I'd rather have someone be honest than try to sugarcoat how they feel. In addition to this, I already know that it's not fantastic -- I personally feel that it's good, but not Equestria Daily material, due to many things that I plan to improve -- which is one of the reasons that I want to have as honest a review as possible.

Note: This story does contain violence and has various instances of foul language, so I would just like to warn any potential reviewers of this beforehand.

Reviewer: MidnightRambler

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: MrAlbum321
Title: My Little Poem
Other information: It is a first-person perspective story, one that has a few rather challenging elements to it, which may make reviewing the piece difficult. I will attempt to outline them below:
1.) The main character was... *sigh* be blunt... raped. Now, while I personally have never been raped, my character has suffered as a result of that experience. If a reviewer is squeamish about characters who are either dealing with that kind of trauma, or have dealt with that kind of trauma, then I would suggest they not review this story. What makes things more difficult for the character is that a child came out of the rape, and he has to deal with raising that child.
2.) The main protagonist has an unorthodox marriage. Essentially, he was married at a young age to someone who is much, much younger than he is, since both her parents and his gave permission for the marriage. At the time of the story, both the main protagonist and his wife have survived a VERY chaste first few years of their marriage, but she is about to come of age. If this kind of relationship offends a reviewer, then they should keep their distance.
3.) I have pacing problems. I always struggle with getting the order of events just right, so that the story naturally ascends to that crescendo every "good" story strives to obtain. So if a reviewer is very effective at analyzing pacing and plot construction, I would greatly appreciate their help on this story.
4.) I am a soon-to-be ex-reviewer from The Equestrian Critics Society. Since they are working through their backlog as best they can and have closed new story submissions in the mean time, I came here for a critique of this story. If a reviewer would like to take a look at the reviews I have written for that group to see what kinds of things I tend to notice about storytelling, then that may be helpful.
5.) I may play hard-ball with a reviewer. I will be pro-active in responding to a reviewer's critique in a respectful but honest manner. This means that I have a pretty bad tendency to "defend" my work if I believe that it can be defended, although if such a "defense" is shown to not have a logical basis, I will abandon it. So if a reviewer feels like they can analyze the story in as clear and effective a manner as possible, and is willing to take the time to respond to any points I may raise up and either clarify what has been already stated or outline the evidence that led to whatever disputed conclusion, then that would be most helpful. I do know that the story is not without fault, but I will stand up and point out inconsistencies in a review... if I can spot them. I hope that is fair enough warning.
6.) These are guidelines, not rules. I can be flexible if none of these guidelines can be considered, especially in the case of Number 5.
7.) I have written two more chapters that have yet to be published. If the reviewer wants to wait a day or two for at least the next chapter to come out, then they may do so. I am hoping to work with Not Worthy some more on the third chapter before I deem it ready to be published, so that will most likely take some time. At the very least, I can PM the reviewer the overall plot arc that will overshadow the events of the rest of the story, if the reviewer thinks that would assist with the review. I understand that it may not, though, so this may not be that big of an issue. If the reviewer wants to take a look at the two chapters that have been written but not yet published, I can arrange for that.
I apologize if these are a little much to take in. Feel free to ignore these concerns wherever you deem it appropriate. I look forward to the review!

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Deil Grist
Title: My Beloved Sister
Genre Tags: Sad
Other information: This fanfic is a also a poem, though not the type that bogs down the story with lofty or ambiguous droning. The poetic structure serves to accentuate key points and provide more flow to the story. The work was incredibly labor-intensive for the resulting word count.

Therefore I don't have a preference for who reviews the story, but I would appreciate an opinion on the poetic elements of the piece in addition to the review of the story itself if the reviewer would be so inclined.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Kapuchu
Title: Walking On Clouds
Genre Tags: Romance, AU
Other information: My largest concern about this story is the characterization and the fluidity of my writing. I'd like a bit more focus on that.
The story is currently on a Hiatus, but I will return to it once I'm done with a current ~5 chapter fic, or so. I trust that won't be an issue. It's also a TwiDash. (Just in case someone doesn't like it and would prefer to avoid this one)
If there are any questions, just ask :)

Reviewer: MissDarkAngel

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Jioplip
Title: Knights of Equestria
Genre Tags: Adventure, Human

Reviewer: Cheezesauce

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Felyon
Title: Flower Focus

Reviewer: Simon O'Sullivan

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: The Apologetic Pony
Title: Wroth Sentiments
Genre Tags: Sad
Other information: I'd like OtterMatt to review this please.
I believe OtterMatt is the only one on your reviewing team who's fully read the prequel, Millennial Heartstrings and if he hasn't, Wroth Sentiments won't make much sense. Oh well.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: ChaseCosmicwing
Title: Unraveling
Genre Tags: Dark, Romance, Sad, Anthro
Other information: This fic isn't quite complete, and I am asking for a review before it is in the hopes of fixing any issues now and catching recurring ones before they become much larger problems. In the meantime, I do try to update the story regularly, in case this is useful information.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Revenant Wings
Title: Roseluck's Lament
Genre Tags: Romance, Slice of Life
Other information: This a crack-ship one-shot written entirely in rhyme. For best effect, set the background color to one of the standard settings instead of one based on a pony; this will separate it into stanzas as originally intended.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: NewWorldBrony
Title: Into The Storm
Genre Tags: Sad, SoL

Reviewer: Scribblestick

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: NewWorldBrony
Title: My Strange Family
Genre Tags: Sad, AU
Other information: I wish to make this EQD worthy. I've already sent it in once and received a reply about two months after. There are a few issues they pointed out, but I wish for an elaboration and I cannot wait months for a reply. If anyone can go over my story and point out the issues with a detailed elaboration, I would truly appreciate it.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: BleepBloop2
Title: To Guard Equestria
Genre Tags: Adventure, Human

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Golden Vision
Title: Over The Rainbow
Genre Tags: Romance, Comedy, SoL
Other information: It's unsubmitted, but the chapter's published. I don't think there's a password, so you shouldn't need to jump through any extra hoops to read it, but if there is a problem, just let me know over Skype.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Talon 811 (w/ FFFX)
Title: What The Sun Can't See
Other information: Hit me with your best, I wish to be a better writer.
It is crossed over with White Wolf's World of Darkness, but uses OC characters, so in depth knowledge is not required, but browsing the wikis for the game a little before hand might help.

Reviewer: Cheesesauce

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: CivilWarPony
Title: Fallout Equestria: M.I.A.
Genre Tags: Crossover, Adventure
Other information: I am looking for honest feedback regarding the plot, characters and dialogue. I am in the need of an editor and if anyone can help me then I would appreciate it.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: CivilWarPony
Title: Fallout Equestria: Finding Rainbow Dash
Genre Tags: Crossover, Adventure
Other information: I am looking for honest feedback regarding the plot, characters and dialogue. I am in the need of an editor and if anyone can help me then I would appreciate it.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: tarkus9
Title: The Summer War
Genre Tags: Sad, Dark, Human
Other information: I'm particularly curious about the flow of this first chapter.
This is merely the first chapter of a writing project where I'm attempting to present a fair and accurate representation of a violent first contact scenario between humanity and the equines. It's meant to attempt to bridge the gap between the vast number of very morally one-sided fictions. The character featured in the first chapter is only one of several other characters that will also be presented in first person.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Sable Tails
Title: Prodigy
Genre Tags: Comedy, Tragedy
Other information: I have an excellent, if small, base of readers for Prodigy thus far, but I’m afraid that the length of the story (and perhaps the tragedy tag) has put off the masses from giving it a try; this is unfortunate, as I put an extraordinary amount of effort into every chapter and, despite my relative inexperience, I feel that it’s a story worth reading.
If I had to give it a quick self-review, I’d guess that the primary strengths are the use of the English language and the characters, and the primary weaknesses are extraneous plot elements and issues with pacing. However, I’m extremely interested in hearing what an experienced reviewer has to say.
Please, feel free to be as critical as you wish to be; while I enjoy ego-stroking as much as the next author, I also want to improve. And the longer, more detailed the review, the better.
Thanks for your time.

Reviewer: Kierkegaard

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Lumadous
Title: Shouldn't Be
Genre Tags: Romance, Tragedy, Sad, Adventure, Human
Other information: Just got back into writing after a extended hiatus, bit rusty, in military and stationed in Hawaii so times I work on the story is very...odd

Reviewer: Simon_oSullivan

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Scramblers and Shadows
Title: Don't Stop Dancing, Scootaloo
Other information: An attempt at a nice, meandering slice of life story. Only the first two chapter are out at the moment; yeah, I know I'm being a bit indulgent.
I'm gonna throw this at EQD, so don't hold back. Call me out on everything they might. My grammar is decent, so any problems are probably going to be at the level of story. But if there are any basic errors that I've missed, I would greatly appreciate it if you could point them out so I can lance them.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: The Quill and Sofa Shop
Title: Fleeting Fancies
Genre Tags: Romance, SoL
Other information: This fic is being written for a contest. Here is the link to the contest prompt, if interested: http://www.fimfiction.net/group/198786/random-romance/thread/47440/october-prompt-and-theme

Reviewer: Miss Dark Angel

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: AdmiralKew
Title: A Thousand Year Peace
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure, AU
Other information: It's a war fic, but I try to keep the gory descriptions to a minimum and I'm thinking of downgrading to 'Teen.' Should it be done? Also, since it's an AU I'm trying to work in some worldbuilding as well.

Reviewer: kalash93

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Crystalis McCloud
Title: Dragoon Wars; Seven Lords Rising
Genre Tags: Crossover, Adventure, AU
Other information: Just a general review, covering what is done well and what needs to improve, be clarified, or perhaps changed as I advance this story. Knowing what I have done well will also help me retain confidence going forward in those areas.
In particular though, I have strived to make this story understandable and enjoyable for those unfamiliar with the crossover material, Legend of Dragoon. Concepts that would be knew originating from that game, as well as my own uniqu concepts created to help them blend together, are new information for Twilight abd many others too, and I try to teach through their inexperience. An assessment of how well I do this would be very much appreciated.

Reviewer: La Barata

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: SleeplessScribe
Title: Repair and Deliver
Genre Tags: Romance, SoL

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Dannykat
Title: Fallout Equestria: The Road To Hell
Other information: Please be as honest as possible. I need as much criticism as I can possibly get to see, and deal with, all of my flaws as an aspiring writer.

Reviewer: ambion

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Scipio Smith
Title: Vengeance of Dawn
Genre Tags: Adventure, AU, Tragedy
Other information: Cheezesauce already posted a review of the fist 2/3rds of this story on his blog, so if I couldn't get a different reviewer for another opinion that would be much appreciated.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: lightningeyes
Title: Twilight, Equestria's Greatest Secret
Genre Tags: Comedy, Crossover, Adventure, AU
Other information: This is my very first Fan fiction and I want you to be ruthless, pointing out what I have done good and bad. I'm still writing more chapters for this story and I wish to improve.
Thank you for your time and help.

Reviewer: Simon_oSullivan

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Slip Kid
Title: Over The Mountains and Through The Mist
Genre Tags: Dark, Tragedy
Other information: Thanks in advance (with more to come) to anyone who is willing to give my story a review.

Reviewer: ambion

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: The Apologetic Pony
Title: Forever Inside A Fishbowl

Reviewer: alexmagnet

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Garnot
Title: Dear Diary
Genre Tags: Dark
Other information: This story is meant to be a "PG" type of tale, but is also supposed to be a horror-type story.

Reviewer: Burraku_Pansa

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: kildeez
Title: The Chronicles of Swarm
Genre Tags: Dark, Crossover, AU, Human
Other information: I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong here: this one has so little attention and so many dislikes for the amount of work I've put into it!

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Revenant Wings
Title: Married To Her Job, Single In Her Heart
Genre Tags: Romance, Sad, SoL
Other information: Work is completed, but I am pondering a rewrite of this so any feedback is still helpful.

Reviewer: FloydienSlip

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: FluxerCry
Title: The Shaded View
Genre Tags: Dark, SoL
Other information: Nothing in particular, other than my personal thanks for the time and effort you put into doing this.

Reviewer: kalash93

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 291