Comments ( 291 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 291
WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Yipyapper
Title: Hitch a Ride
Genre Tags: Slice of Life
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: No other consideration is needed, just want some constructive criticism for the first time in my writing career. I don't generally use prereaders or work with anyone, so I'm looking forward to my first real review.

Reviewer: Golden Vision

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Phoenix Quill
Title: Somewhere between home and Manehatten
Other information: Here is the link to the story I have already submitted this to Equestria Daily, and someone suggested that I send it to you for advice. I would be most grateful if you can help in any way possible. It already has one strike.

Reviewer: Starman Ghost

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: BRyeMC
Title: The Poncho Chronicles I: The Beans
Genre Tags: Romance, Comedy, Adventure
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I want you to be honest as possible since I can't get comments on the story at all. All I want is some feedback to help make the future stories as good as possible.

Thanks.

Reviewer: Golden Vision

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Onocarcass
Title: Adventure In The Solace Isles
Genre Tags: Adventure
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: Whatever you feel you need to highlight, but I already know I need an editor so there may be some issues along those lines.

Reviewer: ambion

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: ArguingPizza
Title: Forlorn Hope
Genre Tags: Dark, Human
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: Grammar, as well as things such as what the following quote mentions:
Two examples I can easily turn to are:

1) When you describe Celestia feeling pain in her feathers. Feathers don't have nerve endings, they won't be able to feel pain in them.
2) You use "self-loathing" when you're describing her hatred for everything (other than herself). Not very logical use of the word.

These errors have since been fixed but similar errors no doubt exist that I have failed to catch on multiple read throughs

Reviewer: cheezesauce

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Drake Clawfang
Title: Mega Mare
Genre Tags: Adventure, Crossover, AU
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I'm attempting to clean the fic up in response to a declined submission from Equestria Daily. The specific flaws noted that I also realized were a reliance on bookisms and telly talk in my dialogue, and was advised to make Twilight an interesting character since the story focuses on her near exclusively. I'm currently revising the fic to fix up these errors and establish a stronger character arc for Twilight than I previously had, and would appreciate an outsider's opinion on my efforts and what else I could do to improve the story.

Reviewer: ChromeMyriad

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: The Albinocorn
Title: Sunset of Time
Tags: Adventure, Dark, Sad
Other information: Just looking for ways to improve. I know I can always do better.

Reviewer: Plebeian

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Anonymous Hornet
Title: Chronicles of Paradise Damned
Genre Tags: Romance, Tragedy, Human, Alternate Universe, Dark
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I do not request any specific reviewer, but the person that does end up reviewing my story will have to be patient. Unlike what is commonly posted on this site, my story is done in book format, ie. the chapters are large, like that in a high level book. Reading through all the chapters will definitely take some time.

Thanks in Advance!
-Anonymous Hornet

Reviewer: FoughtDragon01

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Cerulean Voice
Title: The Equestria Games: Flight of the Pegasi
Genre Tag: Slice of Life
Other information: I have attempted to write a story as close to "show episode format" as possible. Please tell me where I have succeeded and where I have failed.

Reviewer: Nietzsche

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: SleeplessScribe
Title: Moving the Stars
Genre Tags: Romance, Slice of Life?
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: First, I'd like to ask that everything be kept to private messages. It's just the way I am, but I don't like going public with these kinds of things.

Second, this is a rather odd request. I don't like this story in the least, therefore I'll be rewriting it. What I was hoping to get out a review was:

A) What I did wrong in someone else's eyes
B) What I did right
C) Someone to discuss the rewritten version of my story with

Reviewer: Corejo

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Syeekoh
Title: The Tragedy of Sombra
Genre Tags: Romance, Tragedy

Reviewer: kalash93

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: JawJoe
Title: Twilight Sparkle: Night Shift
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: Yes, this is a long one. For someone who likes gratuitous cartoon violence & gore. Made its rounds in the Featured Box and Equestria Daily. Should be practically free of mechanical errors (typos, grammar,...). Mainly looking for a review on plot coherence and characters. I've been told the story gets rather confusing, especially towards the end; I'd love to hear some thoughts on that. My prose was called overly purple by some, while others praised it; I'd also like a verdict on that, too. I realise, given the story's length, that this will take a while. Massive thanks to whoever picks it up.

Reviewer: ChromeMyriad

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Crowscrowcrow
Title: Trixies Forest Retreat
Genre Tags: Sad
Other information you wish to share/specific needs:
I have no experience writing stories but fair bit of experience in role-playing.
Part of my concern is whether any of that experience translates and what I should work on to improve.
I've only recently developed an interest in reading fan-fiction, entirely the MLP communities fault for making such great stuff, and had so much fun reading I felt inspired to give it a try myself.

Reviewer: alexmagnet

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

It's about time someone dusted these forums off.

Incoming review post mega-update.

[Story title with link] by [author name]: Reviewed by [name of reviewer with link to review]

You Do (Not) Belong by 2dextreem: Reviewed by IncoherentOrange
I'll Always be Here for You by The Abyss: Reviewed by Tired Old Man
Demon in the Glass by Tired Old Man: Reviewed by ambion
It's Cold Without a Sun: Hard to Shine Bright by NightWolf289: Reviewed by Burraku_Pansa (Story is password protected)
A Creature of the Dark by Xhoral1865: Reviewed by Pascoite
What Makes a Villain? by The Usurper: Reviewed by Nietzsche
Doctor Whooves: Nightmare in Old Equestria by sgamer82: Reviewed by ChromeMyriad
Her Rainbow, Her Butterfly by HyperBlossom7: Reviewed by Plebeian
Two Roomies and their Pest by Vrilix: Reviewed by Plebeian
As You Fancy, Minister by The Usurper: Reviewed by alexmagnet
I, Changeling by Syeekoh: Reviewed by cheezesauce
When Hearts Take Flight by cemfin: Reviewed by MidnightRambler
Rifts by Eldamaur: Reviewed by ChromeMyriad
At The Drop of A Hat (Ch. 15) by Riser5: Reviewed by ambion (PM'd to author)
"Mah Barn Door Don't Swing That Way!" by Cerulean Voice: Reviewed by Pascoite
PonyConned by Green Akers: Reviewed by Tired Old Man
Remedial Lessons by ChromeMyriad: Reviewed by Pascoite
Festival of Lights by Cascadejackal: Reviewed by ambion
The Twin Mountains by Benny: Reviewed by cheezesauce
Swooping Pegasus by FenrisianBrony: Reviewed by ambion
Prelude to Equestria by DarkCord: Reviewed by Corejo (PM'd to author)
Lost and Found by Anonymous Horney: Reviewed by Simon_oSullivan (Story is password protected)
The Ultimate Alicorn by Cerulean Voice: Reviewed by Pascoite
Conquerors by JumpingShinyFrogs: Reviewed by Starman Ghost
The Muffin by NightWolf289: Reviewed by ChromeMyriad
We're Not Heroes by BronieMan305: Reviewed by alexmagnet
Let It Not Snow by Pump It Up: Reviewed by ambion
Filial by Dafaddah: Reviewed by MidnightRambler
Twilight on Acid by Syeekoh: Reviewed by kalash93
Friendship and Mysteries by The Cake Devil: Reviewed by FloydienSlip
Cracked by SuperKnight: Reviewed by Simon_oSullivan
The Lunatics by SpaceCommie: Reviewed by Scribblestick
The Awfully Repetitive Revenge of Ahuizotl the Terrible-ish by thesecret1: Reviewed by Plebeian
Pony Dreams by Fuzzyfurvert: Reviewed byWinter Storm
Changeling Roun by Demon Eyes Laharl: Reviewed by Tired Old Man
Touching the sky by Random Gamer: Reviewed by ChromeMyriad
Ye Hawker Lads by Zettachrome: Reviewed by ChromeMyriad (Story was in GDocs at the time)
LanternFall by leonidas701: Reviewed by Quick Fix
Source by Hierophant: Reviewed by FloydienSlip
Lightning's Bolt by PaulAsaran: Reviewed by ChromeMyriad
The Future is Ours: Salvation of a Moon by KarmaSentinal: Reviewed by Tired Old Man
Prince of the Sun by TornadoBlitz: Reviewed by Quick Fix
Jumbled's Game by JumbledThought: Reviewed by Hopeless Appraisal
Shooting for Friendship by Verbose Mode: Reviewed by Scribblestick
Anthro Clopfic #116457 by Eratosthenes: Reviewed by kalash93
Dragon Chronicles Book I: Necessary Evils Part 1 by rcmgamer218: Review incomplete
Not the First by Kitty Pony: Reviewed by ambion (Story no longer exists)
The Race of Dreams by Hoof of Approval: Reviewed by FloydienSlip
Romance of the Seven Hearts by lighting dash 13: Review incomplete - author is rewriting
Daring Do and the Hollow House by DemonBrightSpirit: Reviewed by Starman Ghost
Shattered Dimensions by RAWG98: Reviewed by Simon_oSullivan
Forgotten by DollyisBestPony: Reviewed by Scribblestick
Non nobis Domine by Dsarker: Reviewed by Hopeless Appraisal
Queen of Queens by JawJoe: Reviewed by Pascoite
Fallout: Equestria - Memories by TheBobulator: Reviewed by Golden Vision
Room 219 by LastAmongEquals: Reviewed by ChromeMyriad
Fallout Equestria: Outlaw by Tofu: Reviewed by Professor Plum
The Pony On The Wall by BleedingRaindrops: Reviewed by ambion
A Mare's Best Friends by NightmareKnight: Reviewed by Hopeless Appraisal
Sheep In Equestria: Shearing Day by Galrion: Reviewed by ambion
Night Mares by NCMares: Reviewed by Golden Vision (PM'd to author)
Twilight Falls, Sunset Dawns by Drake Clawfang: Reviewed by Tired Old Man
The Perfect Day by Syeekoh: Reviewed by alexmagnet
Burn The Fallow Land by RainbowBob: Reviewed by ChromeMyriad (PM'd to author)
Conversations with Dead Ponies by Scramblers and Shadows: Reviewed by IncoherentOrange
Flight for Harmony by NixWorld: Reviewed by Simon_oSullivan
The Dull Afterglow by ThatOneWriter: Reviewed by Burraku_Pansa
Another Slice of Pie by The Fool: Reviewed by Burraku_Pansa
Of Doubts and Demons by Cursed Tale: Reviewed by Pascoite (PM'd to author)
Change by BleedingRaindrops: Reviewed by Tired Old Man (PM'd to author)
A Different Kind of Quest by MrAJL: Reviewed by Lord Sunder
Sonata's Loss by Purpleblackkiwi: Reviewed by cheezesauce
Silver Marriage by cdcdrr: Reviewed by Miss Dark Angel
Amnesia: To Err by JLB: Review incomplete
Binary Suns by Aurora-Borealis: Reviewed by IncoherentOrange
Gilded Lily by Aurora-Borealis: Reviewed by LastAmongEquals
To Drown A Butterfly by Matthew DePointe: Reviewed by Quick Fix
The Son of Earth by NagMeister: Review incomplete - author is rewriting
Equestrian Bureau of Investigation: Indecisive by NixWorld: Reviewed by Pascoite
A Heavy Crown by Fullmetal Pony: Review incomplete
Revelations BOOK 1 - Pipsqueak, A Night To Remember by VGI: Reviewed by Midnight Rambler
I Want to Take the Wings off, but I Can't by JawJoe: Reviewed by Starman Ghost
Ponies Give Me Hope by supersoup: Reviewed by Simon_oSullivan

...And we're done. Future requests will resume normal formatting.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: MrTweady
Title: X-Com PA (Pony Addition)
Genre Tags: Gore, Dark, Adventure, Crossover
Specific Reviewer Request: None
Other Information: I would like the review of my story more focused on grammar than anything else.

Reviewer: FloydienSlip

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Scramblers and Shadows
Title: The Stormclouds Beneath Your Hooves
Genre Tags: Sad
Specific Reviewer Request (if any):
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I'm not particularly interested in mechanical problems (unless, I suppose, there's a consistent problem). Rather, I'd like to know how effective you find the characterisation, theme, prose style, plot and so forth. And, especially, if there are any tricks I missed in communicating the piece, I'd like to know about them.

Reviewer: Tired Old Man

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: BlackFireGallop
Title: Remnants
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure, Gore, Mature, Alternate Universe, Sci-Fi
Other Information: this story is translated from French, it was already heavely edited and corrected, but feel free to point out anything you find weird. Otherwise, I need the review to be as complete as possible, like a full analysis from it. It would help me greatly.

Reviewer: Simon_oSullivan

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Roranicus
Title: A Dream of Sunny Days
Genre Tags: Adventure, Dark, Sad
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I saw a few of your reviews and found them fair. A Dream of Sunny Days is my first serious story and it got mainly positive feedback so far. While I do think I'm on the right track, I feel it wouldn't hurt to have someone more experience then I am take an in depth look at it and point out any problems I might not be aware of. I plan for the story to be a long and epic one, so an early review could help me fix problems before they become more serious.

Reviewer: Miss Dark Angel

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Soto Konoha
Title: Operation: CUPPCAKES
Genre Tags: Random, Romance
Specific Reviewer Request (if any): Hate blank spaces, but you can give me anyone you want.
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: Nice to see you guys hitting the group off really well. If you can, may you focus less on punctuation and grammar. Characterization and genre-specific details are mainly what I am looking for in this story. Thank you!

Reviewer: LastAmongEquals

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Oroboro
Title: The Heart of an Author
Genre Tags: Teen, Gore, Romance, Dark, Crossover.
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: Howdy.
Hoping to get this story reviewed, as I've been working on it all year and recently completed it a few weeks ago.
The story is done and over with, rather long, and I won't really go back and do anything to it other than minor grammatical revisions. What I'm looking for in a review is feedback on plot, characters, pacing, and any particular bad writing habits of mine I tend to repeat often. The story is as it is, and I have a general idea where some of my faults lie, but I'm hoping feedback will help me improve and give me some things to keep an eye out for in future writing.
Note: A lot of people say this, but the story is written to be fully accessible without any knowledge of the work it's being crossed over with, and a large number of my readers seem to agree.
Thanks,
-Oroboro

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: 111segasonic
Title: Scattered Seeds
Genre Tags: Dark, Comedy, Crossover, Adventure, Human.
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I would love it if you could help me come up with a better description.

Reviewer: cheezesauce

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Show Stopper
Title: One Last Mission
Genre Tags: Adventure, Alternate Universe
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I'm trying to figure out if i'm portraying the Mane 6 in character and whether my OC is well written or not. Anthing else that needs work would be appreciated too.

Reviewer: Lord Sunder

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Keam
Title: 13th of December
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I'd be prefer that the review focus on plot, characters, world building etc. above spelling and grammar, which I'm well-aware of not is the best, mostly due to not having english as native language. thank you.

Reviewer: Pascoite

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: ramsesechosquad99sp
Title: Commander Thorn in Equestria

Reviewer: FloydienSlip

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Fifth Alicorn
Title: Sun, Moon, and Stars
Genre Tags: None

Reviewer: IncoherentOrange

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Daemon of Decay
Title: Asylum
Genre Tags: Sad, Adventure
Specific Reviewer Request (if any): n/a
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I'm looking more for a look at style and flow. A few of the glaring problems with the story like glacial pacing are hard to fix at this point because it's very long - it's stuff I have to pay attention for the next story, as to fix it now would require cutting lots of chapters.

Reviewer: Tired Old Man

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Hazeshift
Title: Learning About Colors
Genre Tags: Comedy, Slice of Life
Specific Reviewer Request (if any): ...Nah
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: a couple readers asked me if i was going to add on to this and i said i might so before that i want to get a better look at it. if possible go a bit deeper on characterization, what to focus on and what is lacking

Reviewer: Pascoite

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Mazu Ronin
Title: The Dazzling Crusade
Genre Tags: Gore, Comedy, Slice of Life, Human
Other information you wish to share: i want a complete anilyzation for this story.

Reviewer: IncoherentOrange

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: AdamThePony
Title: Hand in Hoof
Genre Tags: Human, Adventure, Comedy, Dark
Specific Reviewer Request (if any): Any reviewer would do, but one specializing in human-centric stories would be best.
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: Suggestions/advice for improvement, ideas to work with, potential paths to pursue going forward.

This story is perhaps the one I am most proud of, but the dearth of comments is something that I think is killing me, as I am unsure if I am doing well or not. The bookshelf additions and new followers point towards the former, but I think a professional insight may be best for me to assure this. I ask for commentary, not for the sake of popularity, but for the sake of having people tell me what they think, good or ill. I feel that only through the thoughts of others will I be able to know where to go.

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: PaulAsaran
Title: Guide Them
Genre Tags: Gore, Sad, Dark, Alternate Universe (Mature rating)
Guide Them is part of a series of stories (the Them-verse) in which no one story reveals everything about what's happened to the world, but each reveals a little bit. As such, there will be some things inevitably unexplained. Essentially, all the stories are intended to be read as a set, so I don't think questions like "why didn't you explain X?" will be necessary (although criticisms for why we chose this format are welcome).

Let it be known that I'm more interested in plot critique than grammar and style.

NOTE: Not all of the Them-verse stories have been written yet: there are at least four more coming sometime in the near future. As such, the series has no clearly defined beginning or ending at the moment – those stories will be written last.

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Galrion
Title: A Simple Stalk of Grass

Reviewer: Midnight Rambler

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Banana Prince
Title: Chochin no Uma
Genre Tag: Slice of Life
Notes: This story is an a reimagining of a G3 character, Kimono, as a G4 character. I don't like G3, but I do see that some of it is salvagable and I hope that the idea of adapting G3 more can catch on, so I want this to be good.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: WIL_I_ZIN
Title: And Then the Rain Began to Fall
Genre Tags: Sad, Human
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: This was a contest entry piece for the EQD more most dangerous contest. As they just released the top ten listing fics of that contest, I didn't score on it. I wish to have some reviewers give me some pointers and or critiques on my writing so I will be able to improve my writing for the next contest. I thank you and your team ahead of time for both your time and consideration.

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Lost_Marbles
Title: A Game of Kings and Pretty Pony Princesses
Genre Tags: Comedy, Adventure, Gore
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: This is a rewrite to my first attempt at writing a story. I have an editor and a proofreader who really help out a lot, but I'd like to hear how my story holds up when looked at from a third party that is not invested in it. The sixth chapter (the mini climax for the first act) is ready to be released, it just hasn't been released yet for certain reasons. Here is the link for your reviewing convenience:
http://www.fimfiction.net/chapter/718267
The password to chapter VI is lostmarbles

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Magello

Title: The US Department of Fictional Realities
Genre Tags: Dark, Comedy, Human,

Reviewer:

Title: To Love the Sun
Genre Tags: Gore, Romance, Tragedy, Sad, Dark, Alternate Universe, Human,

Reviewer:

Title: Please Count to Five
Genre Tags: Dark, Human,

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Scramblers and Shadows
Title: Class
Genre Tags: Slice of Life, Romance
My main focus with this piece is style and voicing. Beyond that, I'd prefer a review centred on characterisation, theme, plot, &c. rather rather than mechanics.

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Crystalis McCloud
Title: Equestria's Strife Online
Genre Tags: Crossover, Adventure, Human
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: Just looking for a general review. A perspective on how I've managed to build the story so far, characterizations, structural errors, the works.

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Syeekoh
Title: Stretchy Coconut
Genre Tags: Random
Specific Reviewer Request (if any): FloydienSlip

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Shattered Heart
Title: Tumult
Genre Tags: Comedy, Random, Slice of Life, Alternate Universe, Romance (soon to be)
Specific Reviewer Request (if any): Any willing to do so.
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: This is my first ever original story that is available to the public, I had often wrote stories and wound up shredding them, but I wish to become a full on fanfic author, and would very much like the thoughts of others. Though in truth I am scared of the future criticisms, but it is exactly that which will improve my story! So please do give me your real thoughts

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Cyber System

Title: The Misfits

Title: The Misfits: Reviving harmony
Genre Tags: Adventure, Romance, Alternate Universe
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I don't get as much reviews as I should and I just want to know if I'm doing a good job and exactly what it is I'm doing right and need to improve on.

Reviewer:

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Stray Dog Kane
Title: Dead Birds (only chapters 1-10)
Tags: Dark, Comedy, Sad(?)
Other information you wish to share/specific needs: I'm trying to post this on Equestra Daily and it needs editing. It's a bit of a project around 55 chapters. (spit into 10 chapter groups due to size) Other than edits, it'd be nice if I knew it read well. I'm also doing bits myself right now.

Reviewer:

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 291