World-Building Alliance 2,162 members · 839 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

he G1 comics were a bit all over the place and no better proof of this can found then their villains. They had a lot villains from the truly danger to the just plain lame, most of which didn't survive the story they were in. This makes talking about them hard of because of that, but I'm going to give it a try.

Now just so we are clear because they are so many I'm going to divide them up into three posts to talk about all them. This post is for the big villains, the villains who if they were ever rebooted you could see as a season two parter villain just by how they are in the comics. That means the villains have to be a clear danger to the ponies no matter how goofy they may sound or behave, or just were use in more then one story. Because any villain that could do that earns the title big villain

1) Wizard Wantall: Many count this gut as the main villain of comics because it them more then any other villain. This was because so powerful in magic that even Queen Majesty couldn't touch him with her powers. Strangely all he wanted to do was steal things of the ponies and the ponies themselves to put in his private museum for reasons never made clear. However the ponies always found a way to out smart him, but he always came back.By the way this guy was in fact a human, a very fat human.

2) Wanda The Wicked Witch Of Weird Woods: The second and last villain that was in more then one story, she probably got that way because we hardly saw. Most of the times it was the ponies talking about her, calling her the weird witch, the wood witch, or just the witch of weird woods, there was also talk of a wicked witch that was never made clear if it was her not. Come to think of it I believe we saw her tree minions more then her. Anyway the ponies talk about her like someone to avoid which wasn't easy as they live right next to her woods. Her whole thing seem to be to keep others out of woods, and making those that came into pay dearly, like the time her trees rip the tails off a bunch of normal sheep just because they came into her woods. She is best known for her last issue, where the ponies found out she was kidnapping people and turning into tree in her garden. Queen Majesty undid spell which cause to turn on the one who cast it, turning Wanda from a normal human witch into a normal tree.

3) Jewel Wizard: Probably the best know of the comic villains because his story was dark. He enslave ponies and made them work in a gem mine which them to go blind from being the dark for so long. One day he kidnap Applejack who after meeting the blind ponies decided to escape before the same thing happen to her. However she ran head first into his throne which cause him to fall out to his death fell into an underground valley. The same headbutt also cause gem shards to get into the eyes of the blind ponies which somehow allow them to see again. And yes he was human, all wizards, warlocks, and witches in G1 were human.

4) Topaz Leader Of the Trolls: He rule over an army of trolls and had a castle that as long as the trolls were in it made them unbeatable. And these won't tiny angry gnome trolls we saw all the time, these troll look like trolls and were as big people. Now one day he kidnap one the many human princesses who were always int trouble and always needed their prince to team up with the ponies. They did, trick the trolls into coming out and then Queen Majesty turn them into bubbles, so yet they died.

5) Zelda: Another witch, who got a magic painting into Dream Castle, this painting was really a portal she use to kidnap the baby ponies (This is what they were really called). I think she going to eat in all honesty but the comic made it more like she was going to enslave them. The babies were save and when she was going though the painting portal the ponies painted over her, knowing that it would kill her.

6) Princess Elfrida: In case you can't tell she was elf, and she was a bit odd as she didn't really do anything we were just told she was a villain. Instead another lesser villain wanted to impress her so the lesser villain told her about the evil fool proof plan she came up with to sell ponies as slaves. Now, frankly I count her here because did come across as a big villain just because of her rank how the other villain was trying to impress. Which did work but turns to have been a bad thing as the goblins working for the princess stole the thing she was going to use to enslave the ponies, which got her enslave instead. Princess Elfrida didn't mean for this but thought it was funny.

7) Crow Queen: A witch with power illusions, the ability to control crows, and could turn others into crows. She wanted to turn the ponies into her crow slaves but they ran away before she could. She try to follow but ran into some magic flower that made her fall asleep forever. Yes they really did say she would sleep forever!

8) The Stone-Hearted Sorcerer: He turn a pony into stone for no other reason then he thought it was funny. A pony was giving a bag of magic things so she could go to his castle and get the magic feather that could undo his spell. He made her do challenges to win the feather for no other reason then had chores to do and thought it would be funny to make the pony do it. With help from Queen Majesty who watching from Dream Castle, as well as the magic thing, and some animal friends the pony won the feather. This wasn't good enough for him so he decided to turn her into stone to, she ran and he follow her up a rainbow bridge. This was a mistake because once the pony was off Queen Majesty just made the bridge and him disappear forever.

9) Mad Magician The Baby Pony Eater: Okay first we didn't see him eat a baby pony or use magic but the baby ponies made it clear that they seen him baby ponies before and that alone is why he is on this list. During Easter he got into the Castle by dressing as the Easter bunny, by the way he took of mask to show he had buck teeth and made not have been human. Anyway his plan was to eat the baby ponies but got distracted from eating chocolate eggs, and by very dumb ways the babies trick him to get on a boat that sail to down a cave to noway. Yeah the baby eating thing is the only reason why made it to this list and not other two.

10) Queen Majesty: Okay this unicorn ,who was the queen of the ponies, was not a villain in the comics but I and many others believe she fits the villain role then the hero one. Now to be fair I'm not going to count times I can she why she killed the villain and I'm not counting the time she kill someone by accident, at least hope they die that time. But that still leaves a lot of things that were either unsettling at least or just plain evil. For unsettling we have the time she created an earth pony colt as a present for Spike, who was her pet. Oh she also came sapient being and a child at that as a pet! And no it is not the same thing as Twilight and Spike in G4, not even close. And for evil we have the time she torture Spike and that earth colt because they were being loud while playing, no she didn't tell them to be quiet or go play outside. Instead she got them to go to the nursery to play and then created a giant only those two could hear that was so loud it cause them to roll on the ground in pain begging the giant to stop talking. And that what they really said in the comic they were doing! And Majesty just laugh and joke how they will play less loud now, also happen. These are far from the only examples but if listed them all this post would be a lot longer.

And that all G1 comic villains I feel should be on this, if you know from the comics not on this list that means they will be on the other two. Or maybe I just never saw the issue, either way you think someone should be on this list or shouldn't be just feel free to let me know.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1