World-Building Alliance 2,161 members · 839 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hey, I added a fic to a couple story threads just now, so you might have seen those but those.

I am just going to jump right in.

I LOVE world-building cultures and stuff, so I decided, 'Hey, why not just plain write a story for the sole purpose of creating a world A thousand years after the show?'

So I did it.

And I like it.

And I really want to talk about it. So I am gonna.

I'm just start simple and explain the major countries within in Alphabetical Order.

The Changeling Empire: A thousand years have turned the Changelings from a group of rather goofy and friendly bug people in hives under Thorax to a massive and heavily militarized religious theocracy under the rule of Pharynx and his sons. After Thorax was unfortunately assassinated by Chrysalis, the Changelings went completely insane and started a full on out Genocide of all Changelings that happened to have holes in their hooves and dark carapace (They refer to it as a Pesticide). To say that they have gone off their rocker is an understatement as 30% of their race fled to Equestria after Pharynx took over.

The Dragons: The Dragons have likewise gone completely off their rocker. After Thorax got a nasty case of spear through the heart, the Dragons under Ember and Spike went on a rage fueled rampage that burned down a fourth of the planet due to them unjustly blaming the entire world for the incident. The Dragons, after almost loosing the war, were buried deep under the newly named 'Ashlands' by the eruption of a supervolcano where they brooded, awaiting their chance to burst forth once more and take the world.

Equestria: Equestria is still mostly the same, baring the fact that Celestia and Luna ran off to retirement and Flurry Heart, Twilight and Cadance rule the country out of the Capitol of Ponyville. (Canterlot got burned to ash by Dragons.) The southern most province of Equestria is home to the Ocelli, who were the Changelings who fled the Empire.

One of the biggest changes involving Equestria is a pretty large loss of their magical Hegemony of the planet due to inventions of things like the Musket and the steam engine robbing them of many of their advantages over other countries.

Hippogryphia: Imagine British sailors that can also turn into mermaids and you get a pretty good idea of the hippogryphs. They control a vast VAST majority of the world's oceans with the world largest fleet, own 90% of the worlds islands, invented the musket alongside the Gryphons, and own 40% the worlds tradelines. Hippogryphia has, to put it simply, thrived more than any other country in the past thousand years.

The Holy Gryphon Empire: The Holy Gryphon Empire is, as the name says, based around the Holy Roman Empire. The Gryphons practice feudal teachings in the modern age and have the largest land mass of the modern day. The Empire is however vastly divided between dozens of different houses and counties who might as well be different countries that are loosely allied to one another. They often hold elections for their leader after one dies.

Yakyakistan: Unlike Equestria, who has still changed over the past thousand years if only slightly, the Yaks haven't advanced or decayed at all. They are so addicted to their traditions that they refuse to advance at all. In their minds, to be a Yak is to be the best, simple as that. If tradition teaches them a thrown javelin will do more damage to an enemy than a musket you bet they will throw a Javelin at a musketeer. They tend to not be good at cartography since Yak maps tend to show other nations as pinpricks compared to the glorious and expansive Yakyakistan.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1