World-Building Alliance 2,162 members · 839 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

What is that?

is that like the food item it start with P but i can't say it or spell it for the life of me

yes that. is that what it is or just some pudding they eat?

Gilda made some scones to go with the Porridge. It was made with moss or grass from the color of it .

Porridge is a food commonly eaten as a breakfast cereal dish, made by boiling ground, crushed or chopped starchy plants—typically grain—in water or milk. It is often cooked or served with added flavorings such as sugar, honey or syrup to make a sweet cereal or mixed with spices or vegetables to make a savory dish. It is usually served hot in a bowl .

that's cool to know. but why moss and grass anyway? That sounds like you get nothing from it, moss i can see but grass?

I was going off the color but your right grass is probably not in it . Going by the cactus plants in the back ground it my be cactus pulp . Used a lot in Mexican cooking . Though for the life of me why such obvious meat eaters would eat it in the first place is beyond me .

i can tell you why there eating it one tv show (even tho people don't mind it one bit there too safe) and 2 there poor as crap.

Just stop and think there in the ghetto basically, and from real life people who are poor eat the cheapest thing around them. I can say that for sure one i was a kid i eat almost nothing but rice and fish, fish was free if you go fishing for it, but race you can get a 40lb bag of it for just under 15$ that will feed just your family for a good long two to three months and for a single guy it will last half a year.

God if not for fast food of the usa when i was born here i would have gone mad from eating that alone for a long ass time.

Which episode is this from???

The newest one, Heartswarming Eve Club.

I'm sorry, But I've seen nobody else mention it here or on youtube, so I have to say something: how is nobody else flipping out over the fact that Gabby and Gilda are related?!

This. Gilda is Gabby's grumpy sister/cousin.

I'm not convinced that they are. Grampa Gruff is at the table, and Gallus explicitly said that he's not really anyone's actual grampa - they just call him that. This may just be four unrelated gryphons having a holiday dinner.

Also, the scene appeared when Gallus was doing a flashback, basically. It may just represent his idea of a holiday dinner, rather than being something that actually happened.

Pease porridge, I was thinking.

Griffon guacamole?

I disagree. He specifically stated that it was a holiday for griffon families to get together and be grumpy, and given the typical griffon attitudes, I sincerely doubt that four unrelated griffons would tolerate being in the same building together if they weren't family.

Plus, most of the flashbacks, unless otherwise specifically stated, were real world events that actually happened to the characters. Only Smolder's (who was telling the winning story of the previous year) and Silver Stream's (which was a declaration of what was going to happen, rather than what already had) weren't. I see no reason or indication why Gallus' wouldn't be a true event as well.

Wait a sec. Griffinstone’s in the mountains. How did Gilda get ahold of a cactus? On that note, maybe that cublet is Gilda’s daughter?

also a cactus is a common plant around our world can almost grow anywhere

this is the map of wild ones, let me say that again wild cactus. There found all over the world now both as house plants and as a food source and herb meds.

here's one growing out of a flipping rock

so what stopping them from a griffon flying around and seeing a race using it to eat and take meds and see that. i can tell you that they will bring it back with them and grow a shit ton of them just how easy they are to grow with very little clean drinking water

6537663 I get it now, but since cactus is a common plant to grow, maybe the griffon country has a desert or a town that sells cacti?

the doubt the mlp show maker will show us the full world of the map so maybe they do, but i take a bet its the town shop that sell them as cheap food

Meat if they can afford it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22