World-Building Alliance 2,161 members · 839 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Professor Plum
Group Admin

So, it's been a while since the WBA held a competition. A long while, actually. Uh...

Look, Ponies! *runs*

Seriously, though, it's been a long time. Part of it's due to the admins lacking the time/energy to judge, part of it's due to the fact that one of them hasn't been on skype in over a year cough cough Csquared*, and the most recent problem has been the lack of a notification system to properly announce one.

Luckily for us, CouchCrusader and the other guys/gals over at Equestria Daily think that the world could do with a bit more buildy-type-stuff, and have picked up the torch. The competition is called Outside Insight, can be found here, and the prompt is as follows:

Write a story about ponies... from a non-pony's point of view.

Pretty simple, eh? Not all that different from the competitions we used to run. In fact, it's very similar indeed. Apparently, the way we ran the judging was kinda sorta decent, so they're going to be using a modified version for the increased turnout they're expecting.

Kinda sorta decent indeed

What's more, yours truly will be one of the judges. So make of that what you will.
Of course there are rules, which you can find in the thread itself (link once again), but more importantly is that there are going to be actual prizes for this one.

Winning entries will automatically be featured on Equestria Daily, and will also receive a free commission from one of a selection of the fandom's most talented artists.

Including this guy, actually

So seriously. Go do that.

We'll be running our own competition too, eventually. After this one's done and the notifications get fixed, however, so don't be too hasty.

Ciao for now, and good luck!

~The WBA Admin Team

*Apparently his laptop blew up, but I'm not buying it. You can never trust a Helicoprion

Looks like I may have something to write about...

... if I have some time.

I've already started brainstorming :pinkiecrazy:

archonix
Group Admin

Think think think...

Addendum to this post (thanks, Plum!) --

If you're interested in judging for this contest, please send me a PM! I get the feeling I'm gonna need all the help I can get there.

I actually discovered this group through the EqD contest. A place where my irrational love of all things griffon is not only tolerated, but encouraged? Dedicated to the advancement of knowledge of the underrepresented species of my favorite show? Yes, please!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7