Metroid Fics 202 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Mark those calenders, folks, one of the most popular games of the series' birthday is coming up in March!

March 19th, 1994 marked the Japanese debut of Super Metroid, the last Metroid title produced by Gunpei Yokoi prior to his untimely death in 1997. While it wasn't as big a hit in Japan, it was came to universal critical acclaim in the United States and Europe, and today stands as not only one of the best Metroid games, but one of the best video games ever made.

On March 19th, Super Metroid turns 20, so I was thinking about what this group could do in lieu of that. Perhaps a writing contest, maybe?

I look forward to paying homage to the game that day lol. And I wouldn't mind a one-shot writing contest to be honest.

A metroid crossover fic is something I could get behind, honestly. Well, Metroid and Mass Effect, because it ends up being a convenient plot device. Example: After the reaper war, the Normandy, with either Ashley or Kaiden in command, get tasked with securing Equestrian aid due to their abilities. Another example that takes plac ein the Metroid Continuity is that either the Chozo or the Luminoth made some form of contact with Equestria as a whole (representatives of all races on the planet meeting for cultural exchange in one way or another) Later, Samus finds the planet and is followed by Space Pirates... Thus begins the usual Metroid theme of hunt for upgrades/kick Space Pirate flank from Equis Prime to Zebes and back again.(No survivors except Ridley, Obviously)

The one I've had in mind is that the Space Pirates get stuck on Equestria after a hyperspace warp accident, leaving a small fleet stranded in orbit above and leaving them no choice but to explore (And of course ransack) the surface.

The Federation catches wind of this and sends a small expeditionary fleet, once they see the gravity of the situation and the influx of an even larger Pirate flotilla, a large-scale invasion occurs. Samus, of course, hears about this and finds her way to Equestria, only to find out that one of the old races (Chozo or Luminoth) have been there before.

But it's just a thought. It would probably take a lot of creative license and dipping in and out of Metroid's canon to create a fluent story.

Metroid Prime
Group Admin

I'm still waiting until they announce the next metroid game

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5