Orient Express Explorers 53 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Bad Horse
Group Admin

I just went through all the reviews to elevate everybody who's reviewed a story to "Contributor". That was... three people. We have 38 members, 10 threads, and 3 reviews not written by the admins. I could have written 3 reviews myself in less time than it took to organize this group.

If you have greater than zero followers, please consider writing a blog post to tell people about this group. Or write a review as a blog post, which mentions and links to this group, and have your story comment and your OOE thread comment link to your blog. Or just, you know, mention it to people online.

A few of you have recently reviewed stories that have been featured, or are in a folder here, and neither mentioned OEE in your review nor linked to it from here. Good on you for reviewing. All it takes to make it an OEE review is to make it at least 80 words long and say at the end, "This is an Orient Express Explorers review", and then drop a comment here, in the right thread or in Nominations, linking to your review.

To speed things up, everyone who now finds they are "contributors" (+ by your name) can now skip the nomination process for unfeatured stories, and go directly to adding the story to the folder and posting a link to their review in the appropriate message board thread. (If you'd like to be a contributor, write a review.) Also, I made a message board thread for review links for each folder.

I can't write really (or read that much for that matter) at the moment because it's finals week here for me. Once I've finished up with them and gone home I have some stories that I have in mind that I've been meaning to write about.

Strangeling
Group Contributor

531047 I am in the same situation. It's finals week for me so little will I be on my FiM account, but I promise I will contribute something come next weekend.

I did plug OEE on a /fic/ thread today. I'll try to make a point to review the next featured story I see that catches my eye.

ThatPoemGuy
Group Contributor

Yeah... Sorry about that. I have to finish reading a story to review it.
Also... Holy sh*t guys, the feature box is gone! It's gone! I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing... But it means good stories will be harder to find. Hmmm...
EDIT: Ah. Never mind. Found it. It's on the homepage.

This is Australia..

Geist
Group Contributor

:ajsleepy: Hmm, it would seem I am guilty of not mentioning the OEE in my review of "fire spores". Then again, I wasn't a member when I wrote it until Strange asked me if I'd add my review.

:ajsmug: Well, In any case, I will make sure to mention the OEE next time I review and will do my best to help. I can't move mountains, of course, but even one pebble thrown at a time should be able to help in some way. :twilightsmile:

EDIT: :rainbowhuh: Also, I hate to ask a silly question that I'll probably find the answer to with a little digging but I think this new layout is messing with me. Where are the threads where our reviews can be posted? I can't seem to find them now.

Bad Horse
Group Admin

531751 They're folders now, so you can put the stories and the reviews in the same place.
OH, heck. You can't add comments to folders anymore. I'll add a thread for each folder, and we'll see how that goes.

Geist
Group Contributor

585816 Ah I understand now. Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Horse. I guess I'll need to re-post my Fire Spores review again. Oh well, simple enough. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10