Orient Express Explorers 53 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Bad Horse
Group Admin

If you want to review a story that hasn't recently been in the featured box:

0. If you're a 'contributor' (the "Members" list says + by your name), just do it. Otherwise:
1. Review the story (posted as a comment on the story's page). The review should be at least 80 words.
2. Post a comment here with a link to your review, but do not add the story yet.
3. When a second member replies to your comment here and agrees to review the story, anyone can post to the appropriate thread on the message board, with a link there to the existing review.
4. Add the story to the appropriate folder.

I will give you "contributor" privs if you write a review.

Stories don't need to be complete. You can post questions and so on here, but delete them after they're answered, because it's going to get very cluttered. Delete your nomination comments after the story has been added into the Unfeatured folder.

Strangeling
Group Contributor

521374 I'm breaking the first rule by putting my review in a semi-public google doc. It is just one thousand times easier that way. I apologize.

I'm going to guess that it's not required for a story to be finished to be reviewed. Is this a correct assessment or am I just crazy?

Comment posted by Bad Horse deleted Jan 3rd, 2013
Strangeling
Group Contributor

523030 Thanks. And already done.

523030 ...yeah well I AM a theatre student... sooo I think it's safe to say I'm crazy! :twilightsheepish:

Strangeling
Group Contributor

Giest wrote a review of Fire Spores, I'm going to put it in the unfeatured folder. Say no and/or say no if you're not okay with this.

Also, nobody else has done this yet but it says here that we're supposed to make new threads for our reviews once we've gotten someone else to review what we've reviewed? Should I still do that or...?

Georg
Group Contributor

I wrote a very positive comment on Quizzical, and I'd like to second the nomination. It's such a cute little story, I can hardly wait to see what it looks like when full-grown.

Geist
Group Contributor

:ajsmug: Greetings again, just wanting to say that I have posted my "Fire Spores" review myself as opposed to me mentioning before in a prior comment of Mr. Strangeling doing it. I hadn't heard from Strange or seen a link for my review so I figured I should try and do it when I got the chance. I have also deleted said comment as per it's resolution as requested and will delete this one if also needed. :twilightsmile:

Hi,

I'd like to nominate the story If Wishes Were Ponies, and my review of it .

I haven't yet asked the author for permission to add the story to this group, so we should make sure we have that before adding it (did I do it correctly in reviewing the story before securing permission? The sequence does suggest writing the review first).

Yours,

JoE

PS: Also, perhaps we should reconsider or broaden the feature box rule, since the feature box seems to have been significantly de-emphasised in the recent site update. Maybe?

ThatPoemGuy
Group Contributor

Hey there! I'd just like to point out that I've done two reviews, and I am still a regular member. I haven't been able to review due to trying to clear my backlog of stories, but I will continue to review stories whenever I can. We've got to just keep going.

This is Australia...

Bad Horse
Group Admin

571106 This slipped by me. Sorry about that. The group's been dead and I've been ignoring it.

EDIT: Whoops, I see I already made you a contributor.

Bad Horse
Group Admin

532328 I don't care what order you do those things in, but I'd ask permission first, in case they say no.

Yeah, screw the featured box rule. The group did not work with all these rules. I'm gonna simplify the whole process and try again.

Bad Horse
Group Admin

522446 That's correct, and sorry for not answering... 2.5 years earlier.

ThatPoemGuy
Group Contributor

Yeah, well, so have I.
Been ignoring it,that is.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16