MoonLight 848 members · 76 stories
Comments ( 199 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 199

Sure, if you have a good way to bring him into the story.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I think the Lunashy comes from how they are both so usure of themsevles but express it in diffrent ways and the who Fluttershy hug from Luna Eclipsed. That though is just me guessing.

Hmm, It could work but the how and why of a dragon egg showing up in Equestria lands unattended for who knows how long and still not dead from neglect will need explaining. then you would have need of a pluasible reason for the both of them to want to take it in. Twilight would likely be the more accepting of the two Nightmare on the other hand might not be escpecaly depending on the current situation the two are in when they find the egg.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292232 292239 Well this is still just an idea I had, not originally going to be part of the story. However, if opinions continue to be positive I'll probably work it in. In which case, I'm sure I can figure out something. I haven't really figured anything out about Spectrum dragons yet, so it'd be a good experience.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Heh indeed world building is so much fun.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

I thought so also I wonder who would be the marvle counterpart for who? Luna/Nightmare works as a Hulk analog, Twilight seems to be a Dr. Strange in traning. Hmm Applejack and Spiderman? naw I don't think it would work. Rainbow Dash as Quicksilver might though. With Pinkie being a hybred of deadpool and the Scralet Witch. Rarity, hmm gambit maybe? That just leaves Fluttershy and Spike.

Gah sorry off on a tangent.

Marvel has better movies for the most part, but I'm more of a DC guy. Luna as Batmare because they're both the best and nocturnal. Twilight Sparkle as Supermare because her power ,like Superman's, is deus ex machina. Celestia as the original Green Manetern because Green Lantern refers to himself as deity, and they're both technically pedophiles, only technically on Celestia's part though. Pinkie Pie as The Maretian Marehunter because her fourth-wall breaking just seems to fit there. Rainbow Dash as The Dash, The Flash, because she is cocky and speedy. Rarity as Wonder Mare because...Well isn't it obvious? Lastly, Applejack as that one superhero who just fights with his fists. What was his name? Wildcat I think? How do you ponify that?

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Wild cat was also known for training up and comming heros if what I've seen of him on atman brave and the Bold and JLA Unlimited is correct. As for a name Bucking Bronco? er no wait Wild Bronco I keep forgetting what "Bucking" can also mean in Equestria.

Are you sure about Rarity? Shouldn't Applejack be the one with the Lasso or Truth?

Rarity can play all the damsels in distress, Fluttershy... Any hero other than Super Man get some type of eye based power?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292347 Then Applejack as Wonder Mare, and Rarity as Hawkmare? Also, I forgot about Fluttershy. Black Canary maybe? Screaming is something she can certainly do. So that would be Black Filly?

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

In an attempt to continue my marvle analogs Professer Celestia, Dr. Discord, Spike Cage, and Fluttershy as Elixer.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292357 If I knew who those were parodying I would probably agree.

New subject, what are each of our preferred views on Nightmare in cannon? By that I mean, what do each of us prefer to think of her as, and her relation to Luna? Do you feel she was an evil spirit? That she is Luna? Maybe the result of pyschotic break? Go into as much detail you all like. I'll post up my specific views later.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

I was referring to Professor X(Charles Xaviore) leader of the X men and aside from the Pheonix the world's most powerfull Telepath, Dr. Victore Von Doom, A fantastic Four Villian who rules his own nation and is a master of Scince and Magic, Luke Cage, a mostly typical superhero known for his bullet proof skin, strong healing factor and physical strength, and Elixer is a member of the X Men I think he's been killed off or depowered but when he was active he could use his ability to do stuff like regrow someone's heart.

To be honest I'm not quite sure the evil spirt idea has appeal but then that takes the majority of the blame off of Luna.

I think I rather prefer the idea of Nightmare being something akin to a split personality that has become a full being of its/her own. Nightmare's relationship with Luna would be complex while not wanting to be cast away or outright "pureified" to death she would avoid and probibly resent her greatly and thus avoid her. yet having at one time been a part of Luna she would also not want to see her misrible or harmed.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292483 Yeah, those characters seem fitting.

I kind of like your idea, and I can definently see it in Entwined.

My preferred view is that Nightmare was born in combination from Luna's subjects ignoring her, and Celestia ignoring her. Luna simply became fed up, and lashed out at her sister and subjects. An artist or good-doer can only do something for so long with no recognition. It hurts you, and twists and tears at your insides, even moreso when what you do is necessary. I'm uncertain of what caused the physical change, but I assume it had to do with powerful magic. My preffered cannon for Luna and Celestia is that they're creations of Discord, and, as beings chaos, could be subject to drastic changes given the right stimuli.

I view the Elements of Harmony as having effectively "reset" Luna to a time before she began to feel resented. She keeps her memories and knowledge, but her emotional state and personality are reverted. This could also be the cause of her form changing between seasons. Her body is trying to catch up with the age it's supposed to be.

I also believe that Luna would do it all over again were it not for a few things. One, her night is appreciated now, even studied. Two, there is an actual night-life in modern-day Equestria, and, most importantly, three is that she has a friend, or fillyfriend if you prefer shipping them, in Twilight Sparkle.

You can probably tell I support Nightmare Moon's actions.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! NIGHT' FAVORED CHILD JUST UPDATED! :pinkiegasp:

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Even though the world that Equestria is in is saturated with magic to a truely scary degree and thus justifies the possiblity of her finding a way to replace the sun I can't say I support Nightmare's halting of the solar cycle. I don't begrudge her the reason for her wrathfull actions nor her anger I just can't justify the near depopulation of life her plan seems to activly strive for.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292514 It was, both times, a fury of the moment situation. I support the idea that Night's Favored Child gives that Nightmare would have calmed down, and began to think rationally eventually. Whether she resumes the solar cycle from there or not I can't say, but I know that, given some time after she won, Nightmare would have realized that life couldn't survive solely under her moon. She then would've done something about it.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

That does seem likely but even if she does settle down to a degree how would she react if she found a way to keep the stars visible at all times yet they were stil for the most part ignored?

I don't mean to insult her but she sems to not grasp that ponies don't so much frolic in the daylight as they live in it. How does that old saying go? "Familarity breeds contempt?" Do the ponies truely revel in the beauty of each day or do they only acknowledge it from time to time? Either way that is more than luna's night appeared to get so she saw the grass was greener on her sister's side of the fence.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292522 That is true, and it's something most stories of Nightmare winning seem to gloss over. She rebelled because she was ignored, but if she brought eternal night it doesn't mean ponies would start loving it. It'd still be ignored for the most part. Her reaction at that point I expect would be violent. At least until she learnt that love can't be forced.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Would she be willing to accept that though? We're talking about someone willing to stop the son to get the attention and affection she craves. It might not be in her to accept the fact that love can't be forced.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292531 Not for a very long time anyway. It could be decades or centuries. Unless, of course, she came across someone who truly did love her and/or her night. That might expediate things. Might. At any rate, it would be hard for her to accept, and it would take a very long time for her to learn more than likely.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

It might indeed help to ease her into the realisation that love can't be forced. Though that just brings up the question of how possesive she'll be of the one who does show her the love that she so despretly craves.

Why am I waxing philisophic today?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292536 Because this is a good intellectual conversation. She'd be very possessive more than likely. In fact, I can see a MoonLight story wherein Twilight's born only a couple decades after Nightmare has taken over, and the alicorn is, of course, hated for the cruelty that she shows her subjects, which is because they still ignore her night. Twilight, however, can't help, but love the night. Somehow, Nightmare finds out about Twilight, and forcibly adopts the filly. She then spends as much time as she can with the only pony to truly care about her night and, eventually, her. This obsession turns into love, and when Twilight's old enough Nightmare makes her feelings known.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

That would be intresting, I'm assuming Twilight was living with her parents and brother when Nightmare caught wind of her and set the adoption into gear. While I can see Twilight coming around in time she might be a bit resentfull at first., given how she was taken from her family like that.

The real damage though would come from the fall out of this. twilight's family would resent Nightmare more than they already did(assuming they weren't nutrel at first.) Then the public at large could use this as fuel for thier hate fore her. "Look what happened to the one filly that did care! Practicly stolen from her bed and chained to the Empress side! She truely is a monster! Never trust her! Never love the night!"

Huh from psude philosphy to melodrma I'm in a weird mood today.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292541 Yep. That sounds about right. Chained actually would be the appropriate word. As early on Nightmare wouldn't have true affection for Twilight. She'd be more akin to a toy (I hate using that term since I already did in True Colors, and with a much crueler sentiment.) Night would consistently have Twilight dragged away from whatever the unicorn was doing to compliment her and her night. Then, when she grew bored, she'd send Twilight away. From there it would develop into actual affection. Likely when Twilight tries to leave, or something, Night realizes just how much the unicorn's opinion has come to matter to her, and then, instead of having Twilight fetched, Nightmare practically follows her around like a puppy dog. Hoping the earnest affection earns Twilight's, and over the years the feelings evolve into love.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

I can almost imagin how that conversation would play out. Twilight dissolving into tears after she's fianly had eough and saying something like this. "Did you think I couldn't FEEL!? Did I even matter to you? Was I nothing more but a doll with a string to be pulled at your leasure? I don't hate you, I PITY you! All the powerand weath in the world and not a drop of respect, love, or affection! Well I've ad enough of bowing to your whims {I]EMPRESS I'm leaving!"

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

Nightmare Moon's eyes widened in momentary rage, but Twilight's words hit her like a ton of bricks. The first pony...The first pony in her long memory that actually appreciated her work was leaving. She couldn't let her go. She couldn't go back to living alone. Surrounded only by her mindlessly loyal soldiers, and angry and fearful subjects. "Stop!" She ordered.
The guards in the room blocked the exit with their weapons. The alicorn rose from her seat, and trotted slowly over to the filly. "You do matter to me. That's why I can't let you leave."

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

"...You really mean that? I'm not just some possession some novelty that you'll tire of?"

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

"No. You're not. I don't just want you. I need you. You're the only to ever give a da-care about my work. The only one not afraid of me. Please, let me make it up to you." Nightmare Moon responded as she kneeled down to the little unicorn's height, her voice growing into an alien tone of desperation.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

"I... I alright it's only fair to give somepony a second chance after all." Twilight hesitently replied walking up to Nightmare Moon and nuzzling against her chest.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292559 Nightmare nuzzled Twilight in return saying, "Thank you."

And that's just how it would go. After that Twilight has to deal with Nightmare constantly staying by her side, and fretting of the unicorn consistently. Doing every little thing she can to make sure Twilight doesn't want to leave. Whether it be tucking her in, or teaching her. Cutting up her food, or protecting her. She'd become paranoid of Twilight wanting to leave, and obsess over making her happy.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

It would make for an intresting story no doubt to see someone with so much power being so dependant upon someone so small and seemingly helpless by contrast.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292568 Especially considering Twilight would be a filly through a lot of it. Very cute.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

yeah it would be, though i still think that the reactions of Nightmare's subjects at large would have to be a key element to the story especialy after Twilight gives nightmare a second chance and slowly comes to feel for her. Oh dear lord what the press would be able to do with that, Throw in the bombshell of Twilight eventualy becoming her consort and watch the fireworks fly.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292572 Of course if it would have to be. Though only a couple decades after Nightmare takes I doubt there would be much of the way of news other than military reports and rumors.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

The reaction of the press is part of the reason why I created the ever unpopular Green Ink awhile ago. No matter how much power Nightmare Moon has she'd never be able to totaly silence the press.

And before she brought her hoof down I can see her treatment by the press as a motivating factor for her being a very athoritarion ruler as there would be ponies who didn't spar taking shots at her from the get go. Granted there wouldn't be many and they would likely be delt with but it seems like a reaction that would occur.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292580 No, I mean that early on I don't think ponies would be that advanced. If they having printing presses they would be new inventions, and there would be no to only two or three organizations trying to make money by reporting news.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ah, I was assuming that inspite of your mentioning of when Twilight was born that this was still modern Equestria. Because even though the show was set up for Nightmare to fall Celestia's plan got VERY lucky as the old saying goes. "Plans never survive first contact with the enimey." Murphie's law and the adge about the best laid plans also seem to support this.

What would have happened if Twilight didn't happen to be reading the right book at the right time? Much less if the rest of the main six weren't willing to follow her into the Everfree to further beat this into the ground.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292586 Peter's Law No. 1 "To HELL with Murphy's Law!"

That said, we would've lived happily ever after in eternal night, and someone's MoonLight shipping would come real. :twilightsmile:

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Never heard of peter's law but I call bullshite on that. I'm run a fowl of it far too much to say Murphie's law is BS.

I wonder how the dialog between Twilight and Nightmare would play out if Twilight somehow made it there on her own? Nightmare could make a rather good case about how Clestia was wrong and was just using her as a tool and the like.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292591 No no. It's not saying Murphy's Law is bullshit. It's basically what Discord does to the laws of reality, or what Kamina and Simon do on a daily basis. It's like "Fuck you Murphy's Law! I'm'a do what I want!:rainbowdetermined2:"

Now, that's just being too hopeful Celestia's like a second mother to Twilight, and the only thing she knows of Nightmare is from the story. She doesn't even know Celestia is Nightmare's sister until Celestia says so herself in the show. Why would she believe Nightmare's words about Celestia when she has no reason to believe Nightmare even knows her mentor.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

I never said she'd turn that easily (though I might have implied so buy mistake.) I just means that If Nightmare was thoughfull enough she could plant a seed of doubt there especily if Twilght only just barely got there alive much less in one peice.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292600 Regardless, general consensus is that Nightmare would not kill Twilight. She would find a way to make use of her, and eventually fall utterly in love with unicorn. And so the greatest shipping on the planet is born.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Okay new topic, would Nightmare be able(not willing as I assume she would be.) to grant Twilight immortality?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292603 No. Twilight will inevitably die, and Nightmare will be forced to live with it until she is killed. She is ageless in my cannon after all, not immortal. Of course, Nightmare would realize she was needed, and, most likely also encouraged by Twilight to do so, would continue to live and guide the ponies of Equesria rather than killing herself.

You think living after your significant other's gone is bad? Try living knowing you might never be able to die and see them again.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yeah that thought always hangs over my head when i read a TwilightXAlicorn story(Side note only a matter of time untill she gets paird with cadance.)

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292605 True, but I know what to do about it. :raritywink: Reincarnation is a beautiful plot device. :twilightsmile:

Say one day a couple centuries later Nightmare comes across a foal that looks exactly like Twilight, and, oddly enough, shares her name. The foal, still being young, has some instinctual impulse from her past life, which she can't remember, to run up to Nightmare, hug her, and call her by whatever nickname she used in her past life.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm intresting, though I'm sure there would be other ways around it also how does Moonshine work as a pet name for Nightmare?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292607 It makes me think of alcohol. Not that good. Night, Dream (The Endless are not pleased), Bright Eyes, and Bed (You know what I'm talking about :derpytongue2:) work in my opinion.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Stupid prohibition laws ruining perfectly good pet names. Though those are some good pet names. I was going to say silverlight at first but that just reminds me of something else.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292610 I say go with either Bright Eyes, because of her unique eyes, or Night, which works on SO many levels. Of course, I'm also kind of partial to Bed. Twilight sleeping ontop of Nightmare is just adorable.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Bright eyes is rather good and yeah that was a cute idea. Also Silverlights were an mP restoring item in the Lunar RPGs full MP restoration no less.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292612 Silverlight doesn't really work for a nickname I think. Doesn't suit Nightmare.

---
Sleep tight

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 199
Join our Patreon to remove these adverts!