MoonLight 895 members · 93 stories
Comments ( 98 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 98
janushyde
Group Contributor

Sounds like it would work.

Of course, for the past to aid Twilight in winning over Nightmare the memories would still be there. Just not on a concious level. As such Nightmare would have a suprising reluctance towards harming Twilight and Co that she cannot explain.

Similarly, Twilight's first reaction to Nightmare in the past could be fear which is overcome as things progress. And her positive reaction to Celestia could be the reason she gets a chance to look into Twilight's mind.

----------------------------------------------

Having Twilight be super important to how things work out and the bit about her being given a chance to chose the future that will be does fit with the symbolism of "twilight" that Echo posted in the other thread.

Twilight is an image in space-time, the moment when time stands still. Space and time are about to invert into another world and another night, but the death of the one heralds the birth of another, fresh space and new time, successors to the old.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Well it is cool that you go to the trouble of posting all that for use to analize so yeah right on.

it is rather fitting when put in that context Gwenio.

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

It's hard for me to think of Nightmare without thinking of death and violence, so here goes:

Equestria is at war (griffons, changelings, whatever) and are either losing or barely holding the line.
Luna decides to sacrifice herself to bring back Nightmare (either lose herself or have Nightmare be a separate entity) only this time, something goes wrong and the change is permanent.

At this point Nightmare either does her job well (maybe too well?) or goes rogue (or both) and Celestia either decides to attempt to destroy Nightmare or banish her to the moon again. Twilight is forced to either stay with her mentor or to try and save (or join) Nightmare.

It's not much, but it's something.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That sounds very intresting full of emotinal depth and alot of cloak and dagger, fun times in other words.

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

So, I've been listening to this a lot recently, (lyrics for those who aren't a fan of death metal) and the first thought was, "I can ponyfy this." The next was, "I could probably make it MoonLight, too."

Might just give it a try....

295271 Civil unrest with a quasi-insane leader is always fun! I don't know why these ponies don't try and just usurp the royalty, what will all the leadership changes we writers constantly put them through. I also find the thought of anarchistic ponies to be adorable, somehow.("Haha! you ordered chocolate cupcakes, but we gave you vanilla instead! The throne shall soon be ours!")

janushyde
Group Contributor

Pinkie Pie is watching you!

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

To expand on this 297786 comment:

The song is about how humanity (or in this case Equinity), in the far future, has lost the ability to breed. The entirety of humanity is ruled by a king and queen (played by Shining Armor and Cadence, respectively), and most of the planet appears to be desert (although this won't matter much, this'll be AU). They also, for some reason, have a vault of souls (chambers of crimson sleep). I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of them is yet, but they are a major plot point. Despair is a common emotion at this point, until the queen gives birth to a single, perfect child(NIghtmare!). Everyone knows that she couldn't have been formed in the usual manner, and believe that the child is a gift from the gods (played by Celestia and Luna, although only one will really have a part in the story.).

Unfortunately, the queen dies after the princesses birth("It takes a life to create a life", nearly driving the king mad with grief ("What god would end a life so pure? She was the one worth dying for."), but manages to stay sane. Meanwhile, everyone is hoping this child will mean the return of the ability to breed.

Years pass, the king is now old, and the people still seek the gift of life. Unknown to them, unholiness has appeared on the earth, apparently by causing one hundred children to be born ("Like a raging plague all across the land all the women gave birth to man.
Raped by the wind and forced to bring life to the hundred bastard sons.") Shortly afterwards, the king dies.

The world is in mourning, but already people are searching for the new king. One man rises, and claims the throne for his own. Another tries to claim the throne as well, leading to a vast war. The first man succeeds in keeping the throne, until the Princess reaches her full potential, about seven years later. She fights him using magic (meaning that for story purposes, unicorns would have no magic. I was thinking of giving pegasi only limited flight, such as hovering, as well.) then locks him, still alive, into one of the crimson chambers where he would suffer extreme torment.

Everyone praises and adores the queen at this point, believing that she will lead them to the gift of life. The princess is then contacted by her true master (Luna, who for this story, is very evil indeed.) The princess then destroys some of the older chambers, apparently consuming their souls/blood/etc; all while selecting her group of soldiers to help bring about the end of the species.

She then gathers a great majority of the people left in the world, and tells them that if they all perform one, great sacrifice, anyone who stays behind would surely be granted the gift of breeding, and that doing this would allow you to ascent to a higher plane of being. The dagger is passed around, and thus the sacrifice is performed. It is a nearly pointless sacrifice, as even though it would never bring the gift of life, the queen fed upon the deaths of everyone who died. She then reveals her true form.

The people who didn't join the sacrifice were greatly confused and distraught. The queen was wrong, and the brave ones gathered together and appointed a leader to discover why. A group was sent to her temple (which was guarded by those hundred bastards from earlier) to search for answers, but to no avail. This mission only served to enrage the demon queen, and so she brought forth a horde of demons to destroy those who opposed her.

As soon as she had done this, the spirit of the old king appeared to the group of now rebels to warn them of the impending invasion. The greater part of the rebellion evacuate, leaving behind a few chosen warriors who sacrificed themselves to break the demons magic. ("The chosen few were sacrificed for the others life.
They were the bait, they would seal the soldiers fate.
A massive grave, to break the soldiers spell.
The forces fell into the abyss, never to rise again.") The remaining rebels vow to destroy the queen and her temple.

They march on and reach the temple, which is now filled with demons as well as the old guards. As they're fighting their way to the queen, they come across one of the queens servants, who has lost all faith in her. This servant was very close to the queen, and knew how to defeat her. (servant played by Twilight Sparkle, which is where the MoonLight comes in) They discover that the source of the queen's power is her eyes, and that covering them would revert her to her childlike state.

They make their way to the throne room, and send two men out to distract the queen while the rest quickly made their way to the back of the throne. They quickly manage to cover her eyes and defeat her. They then take her to the chambers and lock her into one, uncovering her eyes as the chamber filled. Not long afterwards, everyone discovers that once again, they are able to breed, and a new king is chosen.
_

EDIT: whoa, this was over 800 words.

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

299479 That part comes from Twilight being the servant who helps the rebels at the end. The relationship doesn't end well, in this case. Nightmare would end up killing her anyway, but Twilight would believe that it's true love and there would be relationship bits.

Twilight would be a part of the last "youthful" generation, probably already working in the service of the king. She'd grow up with Nightmare, and eventually join in her service one she was crowned queen.

Also, this would be a huge flip from the usual: Twilight would actually be older than Nightmare, something that I find highly amusing.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That's a hell of an idea reblefire.

janushyde
Group Contributor

here's an idea to try on for size. rather then beying destroyed by the lements of harmony Nightmare is seperated from Luna, and cast into a reality where she never came into being. Upon reawakening she finds herself in the Ponyville hospital with Twilight sleeping in a cahir at her bedside. A nurse or doctor in the room informs the now awake Nightmare Moon that it was Twilight who had found her and had her brought to the hospital for treatment.

As always this can be either friendshipping or romatic but I think if the details are hammered out right it could work. the big hurtal i see right now would be the how and why of Twilight finding Nightmare and staying by her bedside but I think that she would do that for anypony she found in such rough shape.

janushyde
Group Contributor

For Twilight she ended up in Ponyville for similar reasons eccept this time she was jumping at shadows with the whole Nightmare Moon thing.However instead of the grand adventure to the castle Pinkie and the others persistence at being friendly is what wins her over by the end of the Summer Sun Celebration. I hadn't thought about the rest of your points though.

janushyde
Group Contributor

The myth could have spawned from an old account of a short falling out of the sisters had. The shape of craters on the moon being just some artistic flare of Luna's as for the rest you got me.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That might work, still we do have the issue of both Luna and Nightmare being in the same reality. Along with nightmare having some very good reasons to want to pop Twilight's head like a zit.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Perhaphs Nightmare's incredibly weak from being tossed acrossed realitys and Twilight's insistence on checking up on her slowly wins her over after a time?

Story in which after her defeat, Nightmare becomes a Changeling: The Lost True Fae, and captures Twilight and takes her into the fairy world.

Due to her time as part of Luna, Nightmare is more dynamic than other Fae Lords and Ladies, allowing for some development and is slightly more understandable than the others.

Not MoonLight, but I'm in the process of planning out a Nightmare Moon x Luna story. A thousand words are written and it's in my folder of "stories that I will write but not in a long, long time".

Who/what is the Puck?

But the nifty thing is Fae that actually care about something (and/or feel true emotions) are banished to the mortal realm for having become a bore, which would make for interesting implication in a romance.

Seems more likely to show up if/when Twilight and/or Nightmare are out of her domain.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Gwenio, that sounds like a really intresting idea. I hope something comes of it because it seems to have a lot of potental.

284118 I've got pretty interesting idea I'd love to share:

Title: A Lover's Reincarnation

Cover Art: by DarkFlame75

Characters: Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Nightmare Moon, Twilight Sparkle.

Genre: Sad, Adventure, Romance(NSFW: Sex), Slice of Life.

Premise:
1000 years ago, Princess Celestia fell for a mortal stallion, but as time went on, she slowly began to realize that he would eventually pass on. Fearing losing her lover while she lived on forever, she cast a spell on him, rendering his spirit immortal so that whenever he died his spirit would be reincarnated, but without any memory of his past life.

Thus, as life went on, the stallion would be reborn. Through every life be it mare or stallion, Celestia would be reunited with her love... but in one life her lover fell for another Princess; Luna.

Soon the sisters began to fight over the reincarnated pony, their scuffles soon escalating into the events that led to the creation of Nightmare Moon herself. But during the climax of the fight, right before Nightmare Moon was banished she cast a curse on the pony preventing it from being reincarnated for as long as she was imprisoned...

1000 years later, Twilight Sparkle is the most talented unicorn at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, but as she progresses in her studies, she slowly begins to have odd dreams, visions of a past life, and several memories that do not appear to be hers start returning... what does it all mean? And why does the Princess seem to be taking interest in her?

284118 Here's another one:

Title: Nightmare's Castle of Lust

Main Characters: Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia, Mane Six.

Genre: Alternate Universe, Adventure, Romance(NSFW).

Cannon Placement: During "Friendship is Magic Part 2".

Premise:
Nightmare Moon is frustrated by the fact that Twilight and her friends have made it to the castle despite all the obstacles she placed before them. However once they arrive, she decides take a much different approach. As Twilight's friends take the Element's, she teleports them all to individual parts of the castle before whisking Twilight to her Royal Chambers.

Touching on the dark, hidden desires buried in Twilight’s mind, Nightmare Moon proceeds to corrupt her by promising to make her depraved sexual fantasies a reality. Without friends to help her, Twilight is easily corrupted as Nightmare Moon teaches her the ways of dark, sexual magic, and is eventually given a new position as Nightmare Moon's personal student. She then gives her her first task as her new student: to find and corrupt the rest of her friends. If she succeeds, she will not only be rewarded with the power of her new teacher, but be given Celestia herself as her own pet.

Twilight proceeds to hunt down each of her friends and corrupt them by trapping them in special illusion that slowly drive them insane with lust. As they search for each other through the dark halls of the castle, they find themselves falling deeper under Twilight’s lustful spell...

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 98