MoonLight 895 members · 93 stories
Comments ( 204 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 204
janushyde
Group Contributor

I do fine in Mario Kart untill 150cc, then the AI decides I've had it too good for to long and lets fly with the blue shells anf lightning. Granted the newest version I own is the Wii one but I got started with Super Mario Kart witch I say is probibly the harder of the two because of factors like coins and the computer being able to use items on a whim with the kind of FU accuracy that only an AI can have.

I might be being unfair to Legends, but I really wasn't impressed when I played it at a friends place.

As for a game I like that no one lese does Battle Arean Toshidin. I wasn't very good at it but I had a blast with it I've yet to find a cooler evil old psycho than Fo.

Eh I never really got into the whole rockband craze. I could see Moon beam enjoying it. Though what i'd really love to see her do is get Nightmare to play DDR because I just find that really cute especaily if Moonie's taking her mom to school with it.

Hmm, I wonder if any of them would enjoy Smash brothers?

janushyde
Group Contributor

The more Moon Beam shows up in AtFH the more I think Peppy's trying to kill us all through cuteness induced heart attacks. Much as I hate to see her upset I'm kinda glad that things don't always go well for Moon Beam.

Yeah she could probly get twilight and Nightmare to play Smash Bros without too much trouble, DDR is probly a no go for Nightmare though still it would be a real daw inducing moment to see that.

Oh possible games for Nightmare Moon Overlord, The Darkness, and Evil Geniuse.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm, I wonder if she'd like the Silent Hill, or Resident Evil games? Some other possiblities inclued Castleviana series, Prey, and Saint's Row.

Games to keep twilight away from so she doesn't die of dehydration inclued Tetris, the Mass Effect trillogy, the entire Pokemon line, and World of warcraft

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

285101 Don't get me wrong, FFVI and everything but FF1&2, FF 13 (or 14?) were AMAZING! I just loved 7 above them all. Have to say that 6 has a special place in my heart just for Kefka and Relm alone. Kefka was the only FF badguy in history to actually succeed in destroying the world and Relm was just so damn cute it's hard NOT to keep her in your party.

285104 Legends really is a great game. He also got his helmet a few hours into the game if you would have played it that far. All the stuff he had, like weapons and armor and such, were all obtained by inventions from Roll instead of the beat boss be able to rape and destroy the next boss with his weakness. That'd be the main thing I didn't like about the main MM series.

As far as ponies playing Rockband? HELLZ YEAH SIGN ME UP FOR THE MOON MAIDEN'S CONCERT!!

janushyde
Group Contributor

FFVI was my first RPG I've got a bit of an attachment to it witch in part is why i hate FFVII so much as because of the Square Nintendo split the possible FFVI sequale was lost and FFVII got made in it's place.

i really think that FFVI had a damn great story I mean come on it touched on everything from slavery and genicide to teen pregnecay and attempted suicide.

Not only that but as you said Kefka not only destroyed the world he also hijacked the power of THREE goddesses and kept it under controll most FF villains lose controll after one though Kefka is his own brand of crazy so I guess i shouldn't be too surprised by the stuff he pulls off.

A MegaMan game without the Rock paper scissors system? Oh yeah that probibly wouldn't have went over well. But i guess it could work if he atleast got decent upgrades like X did.

heh Moon madens, how very fitting. The alliteration works and Two of the Three/four of them have Moon in thier name so yeah it really does work.

The One True Game for Twilight = Tetris.

Think about it, it is a game about organizing things.

Too bad I was not the first to think of that. There is a fic in which the Elements of Harmony are being game testers, and they give Twilight that. She plays for three days without pause, at which point she exceeds the max score causing the game to crash.

Hmm... depends on some particulars. Due to the story Strings and Sparks I am stuck on Twilight favoring classical music, particularly string instruments. And from its cover art Twilight playing the violin.

But over all something with Twilight & Nightmare/Luna doing music sounds good.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I like the idea Echos it sounds really intresting, I went to the local Harverd on the Hill and didn't do too well but that was my own fault not the schools.

As for the type of music why not blend the two? I can't be the only one around here who likes Trans Sibeiran Orchistra. Though if you do want to keep them as plain old rock and roll I can see that working after all Music is very math heavy and i can see Twilight picking up the basics of reading/writing sheet music fairly quickly.

As for what instroment to have Twilight play, i'd say give her a keyboard or the drums. the keyboard because i can see twilight taking to it fairly well as for the drums, well what better way for her to let out her inner wild child than a very passionet high enrgy instroment.

On the Acodemic said of things, what is everyone majoring in? What kind of reputation does this univerity have, is it a law or medicen shcool, a tech instatute, a fine arts college, or just a geniral university that doesn't have any majore leaning toward any one subject? Why is music not allowed on campus? Has the music department been cut for some reason or another?

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

285118 Blasphemy! FFI is great! It's been stealing my soul since I got it for iOS.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

285149 I'd read the SHIT outta it. So damn hard.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ah so ESU (Man that brings me back to the 1990's fox kids spiderman cartoon.) is an Ivy leage level school that's well known for taking in the best and the brightest?

Nice, that also seems to help out with the no music on campus rule as I can see the administration being far more traditinal at such a school. It also add to the pressure on Twilight and Luna as I'm sure that they are both heavily reliant on scholarships to make ends meet it can also work as a mean for the admins to put pressure on the two should they find out what's going on Sister of the golden student and Teen prodigy or not ESU can do fine without them.

I like your reason for giving twilight the drums. I'll admit that I never played the drums in band I got stuck with the trumpet so I don't know how much precision they require but given the energy it would take to play them for an extended amount of I time thought it might be a more high energy instroment.

I'm not too familar with Power Metal but if it's anything close to what the group "the Black Mages" sound like i can see where you're coming from there. So rock on Echos I can't wait to read both the next chapter of True colors, and the first of this new idea of yours.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

I dont think the black mages would be power metal. More along the lines of just metal

janushyde
Group Contributor

True, but they have orchestral roots and given the issue was the effects of blending the classical and rock sounds comming off as more lopsided in favor of the formmer over the latter I gured that a metal band that reinterpets more classicaly styled music as metal peices would be a good example of what was being dissguessed.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

285219 Considering Nobuo Uematsu is the founder of the band, I'd definitely assume they had orchestral roots :raritystarry: Especially since it's all FF music. I goddamn love The Black Mages. But yeah, that'd be badass.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ahh, good old Nobou yet to come across any of his work i didn't like. I recall hearing him saying that Lead Zepplin was a majore influence of his somewhere and I think that shows in his more rock and roll themed works.

I'll check out some of demons and Wizards stuff sometime then. Also here's a possible issue for you to work with, From what i recall you saying Twilight is around the 14-16 age group and Luna is I'm guessing 19-21 so thier relationship may need to be kept on the down low once it passes the friendship stage.

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

Well, it took me a month, but... Here it is! (the pre-release, anyway.)

Enjoy.

The viewing password is "Scribbles".

janushyde
Group Contributor

It looks promising Reblefire, I can't wait to see where you take this idea.

On a diffrent note I wonder what Kinds of Movies Twilight and Nightmare Moon would enjoy. I know that Nightmare on Elm Street and Inception are obviouse joke answers but I could see her getting annoyed ith either as she could probly make better use of those movies premis than either of thier stars.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I don't know why but now I'm thinking of Twilight marathoning the Harry Potter movies. Oh i could just imagin her picking them apart peice by peice. i could also se Nightmare having fun at Voldy's expence I mean come on at least Nightmare lost to a fully grown and mostly trained mage Voldermort on the other hand get repetidly bested by a kid.

Also maybe it's just me but i could see the both of them enjoying Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grial. Heck they also might enjoy the Hitchhiker's guide film perhaps Twilight a little less so as she'd have read the novel first but still.

Hmm the three Indianna Jones movies would be intresting to see there reaction too as well. I leave out the fourth because, well do i even need to say anything about it?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Nothing wrong with musicals here I'll even suggest some to make you feel better. Beauty and the Beast. I don't know if they would like it as it may hit oddly close to home for them but it's a good musical none the less.

Now Repo the Genetic opera is another possiblity way too graphic for some tastes but i could see Them being facinated by the worlbuilding at least.

Also Phantom of the Opera would be another good one to see thier reaction too if only for Nightmare's opinion on the Music of the Night song.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I haven't seen Akira in forever but yeah that's a rather disturbing movie. Also the lead sounded like Tia from Digimon, or atleast he did to me.

Hmm, intresting point about the Lion King I intended to make a joke about Nightmare being more compitant but well that's kinda hard to argue if you go by show cannon. Even you you were to use a Fan version of Nightmare Moon you still have to give Scar credit for building up an army befor his takeover went down.

Continuing on the Disney note I wonder what they would think of Malificent?

janushyde
Group Contributor

I don't know if i'll be able to take him seriously next time I see that movie. Something about actualy KNOWING it's tia rather then guessing baised on the way the voice sounds. Though I'll be sure to make plenty of Digimon on motorcycles jokes.

No, don't JUST kill her, they should see how much of her magic they can recreate for thier own use first THEN kil her! I mean the death cures put on Aruara would have worked if not for the three fairies. Plus what's not to like about Twilight turning into a badass dragon to serve at her Queen's side in battle?

Hmm I wonder what kinds of reactions "2001, a space odicy" the Ghostbusters movies, and Lord of the Rings would prompt?

I have a feeling that Twilight would go fanfilly for the Back to the future trillogy given how much she seems to be a Time travel nerd. Also calling it now Nightmare would think Skynet was a fool for sticking with the same plan so many times even thought it failed so often.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Nice little skit there echos, but I just hope it doesn't give Moonie the idea to weaponise her cuteness because if she did it'd put the devistation caused by the Death Star to shame! No I will not make about Twilight being "seduced by the dark side" joke! I'm better than that!

Given that Moon Beam's is already some sort of odd psudo golem/homungculie thing I don't see why shapeshifting isn't a pluasible power for her.

Back to movies while I doubt they would like the Twilight saga I can see Nightmare getting some mileage out of just how badit is and the unfortunet sharing of the name between the them and her royal consort.

Also i wonder witch version of Clash of the Titans they would like more the 1970's orignal or the remake? I mean granted the new one has some great effects but the orignal is just so cheezy to hate!

I could see Twilight watching the old one as part of a study in older animation techniques.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm, I can't think of any more movies they might watch off the top of my head. Though I do find the idea of Twilight doing a study of animation techniques intresting I wonder what she'd think of how surreal the older stuff could be.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Working on the chapter at the moment. I know what i want to happen but I've stalled out at 1,108 words in. I think I'll just leave it be for a few hours and hope i can get some insperation. Speaking of fics though how's your newest one coming along?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Well not really I mean it's a given that Twilight's going to be broken after this mess the only question is how well can she hide it? Cannon Twi isn't a much better liar than AJ is. However this version is probibly better at hiding things than her. Still I can't see her being able to keep something this devistating from showing up/ affecting her mannerisems in some way.

After she's confronted about her changes in dedmeaner by Nightmare she'll either come clean because she just flat out doesn't care anymore, or try and keep this a secret as she still clings to the hope that Nightmare Moon might et see her as more than just a toy.

No matter the case whe Nightmare finaly gets the truth out of Twilight I don't see things going smoothly by any strech of the imagination.

There is alot going on at the moment between Celestia's horrible use of Twilight, the population starting to rebel and by the sounds of it getting help from outside sources out of sheer desperation as they aren't sticking with the devil they know but rather dealing with one that they don't seem to know as well. Add in that two of the best of the best of the Celestial empire bit the dust because of this and things are looking rather grim.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Meh a good writer always leave you wanting more.

Aww my powers of obervation seem to be on the fritz as unless said magic is involves the brief moments of eye contact between the two of them i didn't even pick up on that plot thread.

Also it's driving me nuts that I keep getting idea for event later on in my story but I'm flat out stumped as to how to get what i want to happen in the chapter I'm trying to write now. For example I just moment ago got hit with could be a real shocker of a plot twist yet it would have to be further down the time line. Why does my mind hate me?

What about Twilight's oath to obey Nightmare?

Seems to be accompanied by red text and Twilight feeling her heart constrict when Nightmare really orders her to do something.

janushyde
Group Contributor

It might work better in it's own thread. While i like to see this one growing as fast as it has been lately I'm not sure if anyone else would like to scroll through yet another mega post.

Also I thought he was refering to Celestia using some kind of sublte magic on Twilight. Though given how much of an off night this is I'm probibly wrong.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yup tonight's an off night for me:twilightblush:.

Hmm now to decide if I'll use that idea I came up with tonight and if so how to implament it.

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

285706 I read this comment and freaked out, because I was going to do something similar.

And then I read the story (the whole thing!) and felt bad about not reading it earlier.:facehoof:

To say the least, my... process... will be much different when it comes around. but enough spoilers.

I thoroughly enjoyed your story!

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm, well I still say Nightmare would enjoy Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera.

I think that the song Cosmic Love is also rather fitting for the two of them.

Just for the mental image alone I'd love to see the two of the sing A Whole new World from Disnney's Aladdin.

Also after relisting to it the other day I noticed that the version Nightmare from my fic seems to be employing tactics advised in Sam the shame and the Pharos Hey there little Red Riding Hood.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh I just found the idea of them singing it amusing is all.

Nightmare might enjoy Hellfire from Hunchback.

My Lullaby does seem rather suited to her though. As does You're only Second Rate from return of Jafar.

Twilight seems hard to pick for here, she might enjoy Bell's first song from Beauty and the Beast. Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid, and hevan's light from Hunchback.

Another song i would find it amusing to hear Nightmare sing would be I won't say I'm in Love from Hercules.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Heh I could just see it too, Nightmare's alone in her study or the royal gardens when suddenly the shadowbolts show up out of nowhere and take on the role of the Muses and then the song begins.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Heh that's an intresting way to end it all right.

Hmm maybe it's the big band fan in me but I could see Twilight and possibly Nightmare enjoying Fly me to the Moon.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I didn't know about that cover by Evangelion I ment the original by Sinatra.

I wonder what they would think of Queen's Bohemian Rhaphisty and Somebody to love?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ah, my mistake as I never saw that anime. Thanks for the link it's a good cover of the song though.

Speaking of Anime though I'd love to see a FiM crossover with either Outlaw Star or Tenchi Muyo. In the case of the latter i could see twilight being slotted into the title role without much issue though i don't know who the rest of the major cast would be best suited for. Though me being both a Luna fan and a Reyoko fan I think that might work out fairly well.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I've out Outlaw Star on DVD, as for Gurren Lagann never seen it though I'd like to if only to confirm if it's as over the top nuts as I've heard it made out to be.

Tenchi Moyo is a Harem comedy like Ranma1/2(I have yet to see that one as well) The weird thing about tenchi is that there are four diffrent universes of it I've only seen the first two the second of witch called tenchi Universe seemed to faver teyoko the most out of all the possible girls for tenchi to end up with.

janushyde
Group Contributor

It's been forever since i saw any version of it but from what I recall Tenich never picks a winner so sto speak and prefers to have the girls more as friends than anything else. though in Univavers he seemed to lean tward eventaly choosing Reyoko Who in that continuity was a Space pirate that had been sealed in a temple for 700 years and awakened by tenchi. you know the fic "The Demon Goddess" well the part were Twilight Awakens Nightmare is baised on Tenchi's awakening of Reyoko.

I may just have to see it sometime.

Also just to sate my curousity how would slot the FiM cast into Outlaw Star?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Gilda=Fred Low?

Big Mac and Applejack=the Mac Dougals?

Celestia=Dr. What's his name that built both Melfina and the XGP?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Gewn Conn is his name I think, I shouldn't be surprised I couldn't recall it given how late i posted that.

I guess Celestia could be the mechanic they vist from time to time though it's been a whiles since i last marathoned this so I probly couldn't figure out who to slot in where.

Wait since the Apples are the Mac Dougals that means that one of them is going to be rather agressive tward Fluttershy.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Could be though that seems kinda petty if you ask me.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh, I'm not a fan of hand written font styles they annoy me.

Why is the new banner advertising a diffrent site though?

April Fools' Day. They also have certain character names replaced with some from G1 (:rainbowdetermined2: = Firefly) both in stories and character tags (and maybe elsewhere).

And why Nyx when Past Sins is not here and stories based on it get little attention (as does the group)? :rainbowhuh:

That Celestia is a normal pony (or that is what I recall being said about it)? Given some depictions of Celestia, she might have done it herself as often she is shown as not liking it when other ponies set her appart.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ah, I guess if TV Tropes can have thier fun early so can the FiM admins.

I can understand her not wishing to be set apart from her subjects but I fear that's a loosing battle if there ever was one she stands out in far too many ways for her to just BE a normal pony.

I wonder what Nightmare would think of Queen's I've gone Slightly Mad?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Give it a listen sometime it's about the singer admitting that he's finaly lost his marbles and the instrmentation is very fitting if you ask me.

Twilight might take a liking to Who wants to live forever once the implacations of being immortal finaly hit home.

janushyde
Group Contributor

There, there Echos size doesn't matter.

janushyde
Group Contributor

It was ment to sound that way.

Well now there's pleny of Twilight to go around I wonder what made her cast whatever spell did this on herself though?

Either way Celestia seems rather pleased by the results of all this.

janushyde
Group Contributor

it was my half hearted atempte at a late April fools day joke as between all the joke stories that were posted that day I also got hit by a rather nasty one by a RL friend who texted me claiming to be in the ER getting his finger stichted up after nearly cutting it off with a knife. Granted that one unravvled quickly enough but still.

Aww and here i was going to suggest a three way battle between Celestia, luna, and Nightmare over who got to have gaint Twilight.

I don't know giant alicorn Twilight might be an improovement.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 204