MoonLight 848 members · 76 stories
Comments ( 204 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 204
Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

276761 Well that's true, but you'll just have to wait and see. Don't worry. I know what I'm doing, and Celestia far from laughter. :raritywink: Tehehe

janushyde
Group Contributor

There's a diffrence between the warm laughter of friendship and the mocking laughter of eniminity, right now Celestia seems to embody the former but given how harsh the laws are I doubt that is the case. is ending someone's life really nessiscary for theft of something as disposible as what appears to be a Introduction to Magic textbook even if it was in the empress possesion?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

So a minotaur has shown up in the show now. I wonder how Peppy feels about this.

Anonymo
Group Contributor

I'm wondering about the upcoming war in After That Fateful Night; last war, I don't think they won by too much, if it weren't for Moonbeam I'm sure they would have been pretty fucked. Now they got the minotaurs to help them.

But what I'm honestly curious about is if Twilight will act in this war considering how shes changed now since the last war. Maybe she has more power? Maybe she will be the Moonbeam in this war. Just a idea though.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

281845 Well the reason Twilight didn't act last time was primarily because she was afraid to kill. Now she is no longer afraid to do so, and she has something to fight for. Strong emotions like love and hatred can have startling effects on people/ponies and the things around them. Twilight will most likely fight, and she will indeed be quite a force to reckon with. Especially if Nightmare and/or Moonbeam end up in significant danger again.

The minotaurs will undoubtedly be a big a help, especially with equipment supply, but the gryphons' flight will limit them combat wise. They could bring massive catapults. I think giant flaming boulders slaming into swarms of gryphons would do quite a bit of damage, but Nightmare's own pegasi will also end up limiting this option, friendly fire isn't.

The drafted will likely have only a limited amount of skill, save a few like Rainbow Dash, but I suspect that, when combined with the minotaurs, their numbers will be equal to or exceed the gryphons' own.

All in all the battle will probably be challenge, but I think Nightmare's forces will have it easier than their battle against Celestia's forces. At the least it will be less stressfuly.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Here's a question, would Nightmare be willing to risk putting Twilight in combat?

She is very heavily invested in Twilight not only does she see her as a valuble asset she is also the first pony to ever show her true romantic love. This is the mare she stole from Death's own plane of reality and the mare she was willing to die defending from a detachtment of almost forty griffons.

Throw in the fact that Twilight is not only still recovering from her brush with death but also has nothing even resembling combat training and magical powerhouse or no, I can't see Nightmare putting Twilight in that kind of situation readily.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

Good point. So Twilight won't likely be in the battle at the start. She'll have to break out of wherever Nightmare locks her up to keep her safe. I fully expect she will join in the battle at some point though.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'm not sure if Nightmare would lock her up. I just doubt that she would be eager to place her on the battlefeild. Now after she had some training both in normal unicorn magic and in lunar magic I can see Nightmare being less hesitent but so soon after the two of them finaly got thier feelings for each other sorted out? Not unless they get ambushed or the like.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

The reason I say Nightmare would lock her up is because Twilight will undoubtedly be insistent on helping in the battle. Perhaps a bit hesitant but still insistent.

janushyde
Group Contributor

If what you're suggesting is true, than it could be that Twilight wouldn't be able to break out. Last time she was was in that situation she atleast in theory had acess to her magic. in this case she most likely doesn't as even in the dream world she was unable to make use of it. While she might get lucky and stumble onto a way to make use of lunar magic, though I'm betting that Nightmare would be able to detect someone using that kind of magic.

I do agree that while reluctant to engage in combat twilight would definatly wish to be there. Not only would Nghtmare and Moon Beam be at risk so would captian Horizions. Granted they seem to have something of a rocky friendship I could see Twilight wishing to keep her safe especialy after Cloudy took in Cherry Tart. Than we have Gilda who could easily be seen as a sort of last link to Rainbow Dash and the others.

Speaking of that i wonder how Twilight is handling being seperated from Spike and the others now. While she was willing to let nightmare beat her for thier attempted rescue I bet that the not being able to see them all especaily Spike is eating at her.

On a lighter note I hope twilight sends a letter to her folks soon I can't wait to hear thier reaction to Twilight's news abut her relationship with nightmare and how it's changed. I can just see her dad teasing her about it the ext time they come to visit.

The other option besides locking her up is to find some way Twilight can help that does not put her in too much danger.

I could see her being put into a command role that will not have her in the thick of things, especially since there are not many veterans to promote.

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

Time for a partial derail for some self beration!

I'm working on the story, I promise! I've tried every other way to get me to write, including disconnecting from the internet, but that didn't work. So I've gone ahead and started to kill all other interests, such as games, sleep, etc.

on an unrelated note, this thread needs controversy. Therefore:

Derpy is best pony. Moon Beam cannot stand before her adorableness, and NIghtmare and Twilight dread her powers!

Faust is best pony, end of debate over the best. That still leave the spot for second best pony open though.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Speaking of working on fics, chapter five of Entwined is not playing nice. I'm typing it as we speak and the closer i get to the end of it the less it wants to comeforth.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Gah finaly! though admittedly taking a break for a few hours seemed to help out.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

282538 Procrastination is quite a cruel master. Sadly, the only way to beat it is to power through. Keep at it and don't worry. None of us are rushing you.

282542 OBJECTION! This statement is false on the grounds that Lauren Faust is, in fact, a human. :pinkiegasp: Shocking. I know. So, it is without reserve that reemphasize my earlier statement. Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon is best pony, and Celestia is best molester.

282701 I'll check it out when I get the chance.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Thanks, Echos, I look forward to the next chapter of your fic. I want to see how you develop not just Twilight and Nightmare's relationship but this world you're building as well.

EDIT: I wonder if those rumors about Shining Knight being Twilight's brother are true? Even if they arn't I might just use the idea it sounds intresting.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

They are true. It was confirmed on EQD. I'm hoping he turns out to be a right ass, pun not intended, and that Blueblood is his best stallion. I also want Princess Luna to save the day somehow, but that might be asking a bit much.

On an unrelated note, I do believe Fimfiction just got 20% cooler, and Twilight-licious. Tara Strong is best troll.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Gah what are you trying to do Echo get us all cuaght in the crossfire between her and Celestia!

While I don't see any reason to doubt EQD I'd still consider it unoffical untill the episode drops.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

Who said anything about crossfire? I'm writing about the Lunar Republic you Scootaloo! You should know where my loyalties lie! :rainbowdetermined2:

Speaking of my story, I'm reeeeaaalllly sorry it's taking so long. I haven't even written that much in it. :applecry:

janushyde
Group Contributor

Call a chicken if you must, but I know this for a fact probabity hates me so I tend to avoid playing with fire. While the Lunar republic is a noble cuase we shouldn't tuant the Solar Empire untill we have sufficant forces to match it's might.

Hey no big deal who knows you might get some ideas from Mass Effect Three. Speaking of witch I've got to play some more Chrono trigger today the masamune is in my grasp and Magus needs some sense beat into his blue haired head.:twilightsmile:

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

Never played Chrono Trigger. Also, Tartarus is now cannon. That's right. The Plains of Tartarus is pony hell, and Twilight knows how to travel there and back. I love today's episode. Now, I might have to work it into the Spectrum mythos.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm I'll bet it's up on youtube by now I'll have to check it out later today.

As for Chrono Trigger it's an old SNES game by Squaresoft an RPG with the central hook being time travel it evan has multiple ending depending on when you face the final boss and what side quests you complete. If you have a Wii I'd say get it off the vitrual consol it's only 800 Wii points or you could hunt for either the onld SNES cartridge or the PS1 remake (Final Fantasy Chronicals) on ebay.

EDIT: Okay call me foolish but that Twilight stamp thing seems kinda creepy if you ask me. I'm betting it's because that Twilight's head loads before the rest of the banner but still.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

You're silly. It's cute.

EDIT: I just realized that I said I had hardly anything written in the fourth chapter because I'm still on it's beginning. Yet, I have roughly 5 pages on it so far......And it's still the beginning. That makes me happy. :twilightsmile:

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ooh, sounds like fun Echos, as for me with some luck I'll have the next chapter of Entwined up this weekend.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

Looking forward to it Janus.

EDIT: I just updated True Colors.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

I'm not really one for double-posting. So I apologize, but I don't see anyone commenting on here anytime soon. I have a question, does anypony else in the group have an Xbox Live account? If so, I'm good to play. My account's Philokrates.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

283190 Or you could download an emulator like snes9x and download the chrono trigger rom. That'd be a LOT easier. Just saiyan.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'll admit i first played CT via snes9x but I'm rather glad that I later obtained it via much less shady means, gotta love the Wii.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

284896 I used to have it for ps but idk where it went. after losing a bunch of old games i just get the iso's and play em that way

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

285041 I never played Chrono Trigger, but I remember the ps1. I also remember all the classic games that existed back then. Spyro and Crash Bandicoot (when they were good), FFVII, Monster Rancher 2, Megaman Legends, and Twisted Metal 2. Of course, back then I sucked at games, but I was, what, five? Still enjoyed them though.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh FFVII was never my cup of tea, I only ever had a demo for Spyro, and twisted Metal Two, Never even tried Monster Rancher, and if you ask me MegaMan Legends was a bad idea, some older franchies just don't work well in 3D.

Anyway to steer this conversation back on topic so what kinds of video games do you think Twilight and Nightmare Moon would enjoy playing?

I can see them both enjoying games like the Civilsation series, Twilight for the mental challenge and Nightmare for the whole world domination aspect of it. I can also see the two of them playing against each other and making bets as to what kind of prize the winner gets.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

An RTS would make sense for them. I also imagine, from what I know of the game, that they'd play Amnesia, and possibly Fallout 3 too.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I could see Twilight getting into RGPs the number crunching and stat manipulation is something she would be quite adapt for, giver her a few hours and she'd break the gameplay balance like a dry twig.

I could see Nightmare having some fun with sand box games like GTA starting at the bottom and working her way to the top plus lot's of wonton destruction seems rather fitting.

A guilty plesure for each of them for Twilight Something like Mortal Kombat or Street Fight violent but still lot's of skill and startigy needed. For Nightmare Mario cart just because it would be too funny to see her playing such a goofy game though given how brutal the AI gets on harder difficulty settings I can see it happening. Call me weird but the mental image of Nightmare ranting about being hit by a blue shell out of nowhere is just priceless.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

285096 Mario Kart is crack in disc form. If either of them picked it up they wouldn't be able to put it down. I agree they would probably get into it and Mortal Kombat.

Good point on the RPGs. That combined with her likely fondness of RTSes and she'd probably love Dragon Age 1. It requires a ridiculous amount of strategy if you're going to play on anything above easy. Considering my story suggestion of a mafia AU Nightmare playing a game like GTA makes too much sense.

Also, I'd imagine Moonbeam would convince them to play Rock Band with her. :derpytongue2:

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

I'd expect RTS/RPG's for Twilight and as far as Nightmare? I dunno. Now, for shame on you 285069. FF7 was amazing and Megaman Legends was one of the best ideas they ever had. I LOVED those games so much.

285058 Oh gawd Crash Bandicoot was amazing back before their fourth platformer (not including the racing ones). I was amazing in Twisted Metal games as a kid. Now, though? I don't know how I did it without cheating. Same goes for the old Duke Nukem games. How did I ever do that?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Nightmare on lead, Twilight on bass, Moonie on drumbs and either Gilda or Cloudy being dragged kicking and screaming into doing vocals, I don't know why but it seems fitting.

Oh yes Mario kart, so deceptivly fun the first race isn't so bad but by the time you've cleared Mushroom cup you're hooked being drug deeper into the madness trying to beat the thing in it's entirety, but after you leave the relitive safety of 50cc the kid gloves come on and the AI shows you what7 to one or 11 to 1 odds are really like.

Speaking of Mortal Kombat I was playing that with friends the other day and some how I went undefeated for quite a while and all I did was button mash.

EDIT: because I don't want to double post.

Peppy, I will agree to dissagree with you on FFVII trust me you don't want to get me started on that game I'm WAAY to much of a FFVI fanboy for that to be a good idea. As for MegaMan Legends it just didn't feel like a Mega Man game, he wasn't a robot, he didn't have his helmet and i really don't think the 3D worked well for it and the controlls seemed kinda stiff too.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

285100 Hell yeah! Legends had an excellent plot, or at least a more interesting one than other Megaman games. Just wish Capcom would stop jerking us around.

On Crash Bandicoot, I owned the second and third ones. The first game I ever beat was the third one.

As for TM 2, I have fond memories of stripping the Statue of Liberty and running over Santa Claus. Best Twisted Metal ever. Never played the old Duke Nukem games though.

285101 Personally, I would've thought Nightmare on Bass, Twilight on vocals, and Cloudy/Gilda on lead. Either way, I'm happy for Twilight or Nightmare playing Bass. Why? Because it's drastically underappreciated. Seriously, I own a bass, but part of why don't know how to play it yet is that learning material for it is bucking hard to find.

I personally don't find Mario Kart hard, but I kind of suck at fighting games, including Mortal Kombat.

EDIT: The point of Legends was the plot. I'll agree the controls weren't the best, but he actually was a robot. He was built by the same civilization that made all the ruins you delve into.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I do fine in Mario Kart untill 150cc, then the AI decides I've had it too good for to long and lets fly with the blue shells anf lightning. Granted the newest version I own is the Wii one but I got started with Super Mario Kart witch I say is probibly the harder of the two because of factors like coins and the computer being able to use items on a whim with the kind of FU accuracy that only an AI can have.

I might be being unfair to Legends, but I really wasn't impressed when I played it at a friends place.

As for a game I like that no one lese does Battle Arean Toshidin. I wasn't very good at it but I had a blast with it I've yet to find a cooler evil old psycho than Fo.

Eh I never really got into the whole rockband craze. I could see Moon beam enjoying it. Though what i'd really love to see her do is get Nightmare to play DDR because I just find that really cute especaily if Moonie's taking her mom to school with it.

Hmm, I wonder if any of them would enjoy Smash brothers?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

285104 That would be an adorable sight, but I don't think she'd be able to convince Nightmare to dance. It would take her unique form of "persuasion" to make Nightmare play Smash Bros, Twilight would be easier to convince, but I can see her getting addicted to it.

EDIT: Since when have we decided Moonbeam was cannon?

janushyde
Group Contributor

The more Moon Beam shows up in AtFH the more I think Peppy's trying to kill us all through cuteness induced heart attacks. Much as I hate to see her upset I'm kinda glad that things don't always go well for Moon Beam.

Yeah she could probly get twilight and Nightmare to play Smash Bros without too much trouble, DDR is probly a no go for Nightmare though still it would be a real daw inducing moment to see that.

Oh possible games for Nightmare Moon Overlord, The Darkness, and Evil Geniuse.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

285108 I can definantly see Nightmare enjoying The Darkness, but I think she'd kind of pissed The Darkness itself was technically beyond her control. Of course, with that in mind, I can also see her enjoying Prototype. Which is a shame because inFAMOUS is better.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm, I wonder if she'd like the Silent Hill, or Resident Evil games? Some other possiblities inclued Castleviana series, Prey, and Saint's Row.

Games to keep twilight away from so she doesn't die of dehydration inclued Tetris, the Mass Effect trillogy, the entire Pokemon line, and World of warcraft

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

285101 Don't get me wrong, FFVI and everything but FF1&2, FF 13 (or 14?) were AMAZING! I just loved 7 above them all. Have to say that 6 has a special place in my heart just for Kefka and Relm alone. Kefka was the only FF badguy in history to actually succeed in destroying the world and Relm was just so damn cute it's hard NOT to keep her in your party.

285104 Legends really is a great game. He also got his helmet a few hours into the game if you would have played it that far. All the stuff he had, like weapons and armor and such, were all obtained by inventions from Roll instead of the beat boss be able to rape and destroy the next boss with his weakness. That'd be the main thing I didn't like about the main MM series.

As far as ponies playing Rockband? HELLZ YEAH SIGN ME UP FOR THE MOON MAIDEN'S CONCERT!!

janushyde
Group Contributor

FFVI was my first RPG I've got a bit of an attachment to it witch in part is why i hate FFVII so much as because of the Square Nintendo split the possible FFVI sequale was lost and FFVII got made in it's place.

i really think that FFVI had a damn great story I mean come on it touched on everything from slavery and genicide to teen pregnecay and attempted suicide.

Not only that but as you said Kefka not only destroyed the world he also hijacked the power of THREE goddesses and kept it under controll most FF villains lose controll after one though Kefka is his own brand of crazy so I guess i shouldn't be too surprised by the stuff he pulls off.

A MegaMan game without the Rock paper scissors system? Oh yeah that probibly wouldn't have went over well. But i guess it could work if he atleast got decent upgrades like X did.

heh Moon madens, how very fitting. The alliteration works and Two of the Three/four of them have Moon in thier name so yeah it really does work.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

Moon Maidens, eh? Hmm...Working on a new story for the ideas thread now!

EDIT: Never mind. I really want to do this story myself given the time. Here's what I'm thinking.

Quick two notes, this idea is intended to be completely pony. No anthros or humanizied entities involved. This is also technically more TwiLuna than MoonLight, but there's still some of the latter in here.

Basically another AU, seems to be my specialty huh? At any rate, all characters from the show attend Equestrian State University (I might change the name) in one way or another. Discord is a teacher. Celestia is nearly graduated, and is the best student the college has ever had. Her little sister Luna, however, is a bit of recluse with decent grades in her second year. Luna and Celestia's parents were killed when they were little, and Luna retreated into music for comfort. She soon found a passion in music, and dreams of playing it for others.
At the start of the year Luna gets a new room mate. Twilight Sparkle is exceedingly brilliant, and has come to the college at a very young age. Not so young that it's ridiculous, but still in her mid-teens. Twilight, naturally, is very studious, and doesn't get along well with Luna at first. However, due to her age, Twilight is mocked by most other students, leaving her without a friend. Luna recognizes what it's like to feel alone, and attempts to comfort the unicorn. This leads to a friendship, and, eventually, a romance. Before the romance, however, Luna peaks Twilight's interest in music, and the two set out to start a band. Nightmare Moon would be Luna's stage name which she adopts along with a lot of physical changes during performance due to the fact that performing music is forbidden on campus.

What do ya'll think? I came up with a lot of this on the spot, so it might seem a bit rough. Also, I don't know a lot about college, so any advice would be helpful.

The One True Game for Twilight = Tetris.

Think about it, it is a game about organizing things.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

285123 0_0

Oh. My. Lord. You're right.

Too bad I was not the first to think of that. There is a fic in which the Elements of Harmony are being game testers, and they give Twilight that. She plays for three days without pause, at which point she exceeds the max score causing the game to crash.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

285141 Why does that make so much sense? Oh, right. Lesson Zero.

On another note, what do you think of my story idea above?

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 204
Join our Patreon to remove these adverts!