MoonLight 894 members · 93 stories
Comments ( 804 )
  • Viewing 701 - 750 of 804

Prompt: Regret
The concept of tracing magical signatures was not new; it was often counted on as a reliable means of finding a magical artifact or being. However as Twilight learned through testing was that as distinctive as Nightmare’s magic was it was also impossible to trace even if the magic was standing right next to her. This led to the hypothesis that Nightmare’s magic repelled attempts to find it magically and this was the crux of the issue.

Instead of continuing what seemed to be a fruitless endeavor Twilight had decided that visiting a few key locations that were important in old worship of Nightmare could help her find something else for the scanning spells to trace. The Grand Library of the Lunaris Sanctuarium proved useful in this regard despite the limited number of written works and even fewer that were written in a tongue that she could read.

"An unusual place you have taken us although I believe you have not stated where exactly we are. Yet something of this lonely place is familiar albeit akin to a faded memory," commented Nightmare.

"I thought it might be," Twilight said as she led the way through the winding pathways, "what little I have been able to decipher from the books in the Grand Library of Lunaris Sanctuarium is that this place was once one of the important centers for worship. Although I have to admit none of the books I’ve translated mention what exactly this place is."

Nightmare nodded as she glanced over the walls and ceilings for even the slightest hint of what this place once was, "I do admit to also feeling a sense of frustration however that stems from not knowing why this place feels so familiar for me.”

The two continued down the winding pathway to find a large stone archway. The arch itself was carved of seemingly plain dark stone. It wasn’t until they were closer that they could see the intricate detailing etched carefully into the stone.

Twilight formed a small ball of light with her magic to better allow her to examine the fine detail work.

"It's here; these are the same style of carvings that was in the other place I found you at. Between these two places I think these must have been a language that was used by worshipers," Twilight said as she moved her hoof over the carved symbols.

Suddenly there was an audible thump and she turned to find Nightmare collapsed over the threshold of the archway. Twilight quickly made her way to the fallen Alicorn and from a quick examination Nightmare seemed to be fine.

"Leave her," spoke an unknown voice behind her.

Twilight who had been ready to cast some diagnostic spells now turned to the source of the voice, her horn lit with a spell ready to drive off the intruder if necessary; only to find herself looking at nothing, but the stony walls.

"Where are you?" Twilight asked as she quickly formed a shield before readying herself with another spell. While there were some things that she had expected to find in this abandoned place another being was not among those.

"Here I am," boomed the voice as it stepped into the light of Twilight's spell.

The unknown voice turned out to be a Pony with a darker grey colouration who was tall and lean with fangs and silted eyes. Across the Pony’s back was a shimmering cloak held together by a brooch of silver fashioned into the shape of the Moon.

"A Lunar Pony? Here?" Twilight asked as she glanced over the intruder and noted there were three long sharp claws protruding from each hoof. "I thought all of you had long abandoned this place."

The Pony shook its head, "Though I resemble one, I am no Lunar. Now peace young one, I mean thee no harm for my concern is for my Goddess."

The term Goddess was not used to refer to Nightmare in most instances except by some of her most devout followers. So hearing the Pony use the term Twilight reluctantly dimmed her spell as the unknown Pony bent down and laid a hoof on Nightmare and as its hoof lowered it softly began glowing with magic. Not long after Nightmare began to stir and Twilight bent down to help Nightmare rise to her hooves.

Once she was standing up properly the unknown Pony backed away slowly before lowering himself into a deep bow.

“My Goddess,” the Pony said slowly.

Nightmare looked over the bowing Pony, “Keeper, you still live.”

“Your name is Keeper?” Twilight asked, “That name…. You’re one of the ones from lore of the Lunars, one of the First Servants.”

Keeper rose from its bow and turned its head to Twilight, “I am although a name I do not have, it is merely what the Lunars have called me in years long past.”

“I must admit that finding you still alive is unusual. I had thought that you and your brethren had long perished or vanished from this world,” Nightmare said.

Keeper sighed and lowered into another deep bow, “There is a tale there. Please forgive my failures my Goddess.”

“Explain,” Nightmare said flatly.

Keeper remained in a deep bow as it carefully began to speak, “When my brethren and I realized that you had disappeared from this plane we argued amongst ourselves and the result of our argument scattered us to the four winds and I know not where they are now. However in doing so we made a grave error, your disappearance diminished our powers and separating weakened us even further. My continuing duties then weaken me even more; I bound myself to the magic of this place to save myself. In doing so I could do little when my followers were persecuted by those who despised Lunars.”

“Your followers, do you mean the Lunars who resemble yourself, the Caligo Ponies?” Twilight asked.

“Indeed. In days long past there were my followers and those who granted me the address I now use.”

“What you speak of is troubling,” said Nightmare as she walked over to loom over the bowed Pony.

“Yet, you did well in maintaining the Dreaming Realms,” Nightmare said as she helped Keeper stand. “You are forgiven for your failures.

“I thought Luna guarded the Dreaming Realms,” Twilight said. “I have heard stories from some of the Ponies in Ponyville that Luna had visited and helped them in their dreams and I do recall one time that Luna did visit me in my dreams.

“The young Equestrian Princess has done well in proving herself as an adequate guardian yet the Dreaming Realms itself is under my purview,” Keeper said.

Keeper turned back to face Nightmare and raised a hoof.

Nightmare nodded and placed her hoof over the Keeper’s.

Both began to chant in an ancient tongue, an almost primal sound rose from their chanting and gradually Keeper began to fade from the world becoming more transparent. Nightmare on the other hoof seemed to stand straighter and taller.

“My Goddess,” Keeper said, “before I leave I must impart one last thing. Please remain quiet for this and keep this with you.”

Closing its eyes, “The future is unclear yet I can see that your return was not unexpected for I had anticipated your return. However your return marks the beginning of something bigger.”

Keeper opened its eyes, “Ancients are stirring once more, both of thee prepare thyself for what is to come.”

Does this work? I think this works.... maybe.

New Prompt: Royalty

Claiming Royalty.

Comment posted by Kean deleted May 2nd, 2015

I don't... bleh, dropping Royalty

4341692 Snagged like the sneaky mofo I am. Claiming: Royalty

Holding onto my claim for Royalty. Something came up and I'll have it by this weekend

Ladies and Gentlemen, and various Trans-Gendered Species! I am alive!
I am hammering out something for Tied as we speak!

Disclaimer: ACTIVITY ACTIVATE!

All Prompt Stories Published under Full Moon Fever in Publishing Order
87 Pointless by Kean
88 Squirrels by Kean [Part 4 of Broken]
89 Sour by PearpleProse
90 Wanderer by Knight of Lycaeus
91 Lord of the Rings by Kean
92 Regret by Knight of Lycaeus
93 Dressage by Knight of Lycaeus

Prompts Awaiting Publication
Tied by Toratchi888 [Part 3 of "Darkness is Beauty, Beauty is Magic"]
Date by Macho Madness
Tasty Murder by Macho Madness (sequel to "Date")

Prompts Otherwise Claimed (Please Review)
Royalty: Bekdontraz

All Open Prompts (please review prior claims)
Art [formerly ZOMG]
Cheesecake
Conversion Bureau
Damocles [formerly Draven Eclipse]
Dreamer
Fever
Forgiveness [formerly Foals Errand]
Hazard [formerly Fuzzyfurvert]
Heat-Wave
Henshin
Invigorating
Judicious [formerly Midnight herald]
Massage
Passion
Retribution
Revolution [formerly Myrandall]
Turkey

Huh, your avatar is no longer the blank void.

I'm going to try writing Dressage and see if we can finally clear it off.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back!

4435427 Quite right you are!
I have harnessed the White Sun Tiger Power for my own!

Yay for Dressage! I put that up HOW long ago? I can't wait to see what you do with it; your stories are always interesting.

The way you phrased harnessing the power of the White Sun Tiger makes me think it should be followed by some cheesy power-up line like in some older cartoons such as He-Man or Captain Planet.

Now onto the story.

Prompt: Dressage

Down below in one of the practice fields around Canterlot Castle where pairs of colourfully garbed Ponies in working in tandem. One would signal to their partner through magic, hoof, or wing and other would respond with carefully practiced movements that fell in step with the signal changes.

"Such a strange sight, Twilight Sparkle and I understand not why this is counted among the great physical feats once truly prized by all. Feats of strength and skill I can understand and appreciate, but what mockery is this odd ritual?"

Twilight sighed as she looked away from the practice field. "To be honest Nightmare, I don't understand this either, my expertise is in many academic fields including magic and science, but not anything involving physical abilities."

Nightmare grinned and flared her wings wide preparing to leap from their lofty view, "Then I shall go down there and show them true strength and skill! Not the mockery that you Ponies now claim as equal to the contests of old."

Quickly Twilight threw up a barrier before Nightmare could jump. "Regardless of your thoughts or mine, it is considered an acceptable sport."

Nightmare snorted and walked back to sit next to Twilight, "I could have still gone there and shown them the importance of true strength and skill! Yet you must stop me?"

"I really don't need to add to the list of collateral and property damage, not to mention the number of hospital bills and visits," Twilight said as she led Nightmare away from the view of the practice field

"The gladiatorial arena was fine!" Nightmare roared flaring her wings again ready to try and take flight again despite the presence of the barrier. "If these 'Guards' had shown more skill then we need not worry so much on recovery."

Twilight wrapped a wing around Nightmare and with a pop, she and Nightmare vanished. They reappeared in a different part of the castle far removed from the practice field. Unfortunately pulling an unwilling passenger such as Nightmare through the teleport was difficult and it wasn't smooth and instead of landing upright both of them collapsed into a pile at their destination.

Twilight stood up and turned to glare at Nightmare, "Okay, you don’t like it as it doesn't match your ideals of a proper athletic contest. I don’t like it either for different reasons, but it is regardless of my dislike or yours it part of ancient Unicorn traditions. Thankfully the event has gotten better over time and less degrading."

Nightmare stood up and stretched her wings wide, "Oh and how is what we saw less degrading?"

Twilight conjured a pair of Unicorns, "The event began long ago in the early years of the Kingdom of Unicornia. The wealthy wanted impressive ways to get around and were not above using 'lower' class Unicorns to do so."

One of the Unicorns dressed in finery climbed on the back of the other Unicorn who began walking. "As many Unicorns made homes on mountaintops it wasn't always easy for carts and carriages to climb the rough pathways. So they made a habit of having 'lower' class Unicorns act as their 'steeds'."

The walking Unicorn changed steps and began walking in a more complex pattern. "At some point some decided that wasn't enough and began training their 'steed' to respond to certain commands and signals and this became a runaway mess as each noble tried to outdo the other with their well-trained 'steed'. Eventually one of the monarchs finally put an end to this and the old system was replaced by more conventional carts and carriages."

Nightmare just stared, "If it was abolished then how this mockery to proper contests remained? How have the so-called monarchs of Equestria allowed this to infringe on the greatness of the contests of skill and strength?"

"A few complained about the law infringing on their culture and heritage and one eventually turned it into a sporting event where things were more regimented," Twilight answered. "One of the key changes that allowed it to continue was the change of the position of rider to signaler, much less degrading. Dressage is considered a highly prized event among the older nobility along with fine sport of fencing and that's why most dressage competitors are Unicorns and those who aren't Unicorns are either related or have close ties to a Unicorn House."

Nightmare nodded, "Ah, so that's the history behind that mockery."

Twilight sighed in relief, "Good, so now you know why it's important at least from cultural standpoint. Dressage is important for some Unicorns and because of them that it is placed so highly."

Nightmare nodded before her eyes lit up and she gave a wide smirk, "Perhaps I should learn some things about this 'dressage' so that these Ponies would then bow to my will!"

Twilight groaned and sighed, this was going to be a long talk trying to dissuade Nightmare from her plan.

New Prompt: Henshin (I'm willing to change this if it's too weird.)

The way you phrased harnessing the power of the White Sun Tiger makes me think it should be followed by some cheesy power-up line like in some older cartoons such as He-Man or Captain Planet.

For my own amusement, and that of any others, I have created the appropriate transformation phrase and hand gestures.

Note: Fingers remain clawed and spread for the duration of the transformation sequence. Words of Power are spoken at the end of the relevant gesture, as indicated.

W) Cross the arms over the chest, right arm closer, palms outward. "WHITE!"

S) Raise both arms diagonally away from the body, palms forward. "SUN!"

T) Left arm dips under the right arm, across the chest and palm down, as the right arm folds over the left, right elbow over the left hand and palm outward. The left arm is thrust forward slightly as the right arm pushes into the chest and the right hand slides smoothly down and across the left biceps. The left hand reaches for the sky as the right hand rests against the chest. "TIGER!"

P) The left hand, palm-forward, circles in front of the body clockwise one-quarter turn, such that the left arm rests across the right hand. Draw the left hand arm across the body such that the left hand comes to rest approximately over the heart. At the same time, thrust out the right arm to its full extent to the right of the body, palm down. "POWER!"

I) [Optional Step] Turn both hands over, such that the palms now face backward. Swing hands up to shoulder level, arms parallel to the body. "INVOKE!"

No you will not convince me to records this and post it for your amusement!!! :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

Tied
Darkness is Beauty, Beauty is Magic, Act 3

Rarity lay behind a bush, sobbing in time to the rush of the river nearby.

Of all the nerve… I offer to help that miserable serpent—offer of myself, even!—and what do I get for my generosity?

“HE CALLED ME FAAAAAAT!” she wailed. “He—and that Twilight Sparkle! Ohh, ohh, ohh!”

“Sheeeeeesh,” intoned a deadpan voice from up the path, “think you can yell any louder? I don’t think Princess Celestia heard you… wherever she is.”

Rarity peeked over the bush to see Pinkie Pie, hair deflated, eyes puffy from crying, frowning as she dragged Fluttershy along with her.

“I found her.” Pinkie flicked her foreleg, and Fluttershy stumbled to her belly, whimpering. “I figured, maybe the child can lead the children, or something. Or maybe it would be best to drag her along until we found Twilight and everyone again.”

Fluttershy whimpered again, covering her face with her hooves.

“Fluttershy,” Pinkie grumbled, “I don’t have the energy to deal with this from you right now. Or you, Queen of Drama, so let’s just figure out what—”

A rainbow-accented blue blur rocketed through the sky, down through the canopy, and into the river, blasting water everywhere. The three ponies near the bank were drenched.

“Why do I have to be fat AND wet today?!” Rarity wailed.

Pinkie blew at her bangs vainly. “Stupid hair.”

Fluttershy began crying silently.

A rainbow-maned head popped from the river. Gasping, Rainbow Dash pulled herself up the shallow bank and collapsed, wheezing.

“Stupid… bucking… Shadowbolts…”

“Say whaaaat?” Pinkie asked blankly.

“Top fliers… in the forest… they took me… deep in the trees… blindfolded me… spun me around… said it was part of… initiation… then they… gave the boot. Literally!” Dash fluttered up, shaking water from her wings, her breath back and her tone indignant. “They actually booted me all the way over here. ME! Rainbow Awesome Dash!”

“Awesome, Dash.” Pinkie rolled her eyes.

“Mighty fine landing, pardner. Keep at it; maybe y’all can do a stunt by the lake next summer.” Applejack trotted out of the shadows to join her friends, who turned to face her.

“So, cowpoke, you made it out of that hole, eh? And without wings.” Rainbow smirked.

“One hundred and twenty-seven attempts. Yes; I counted. Thank you for makin’ an ass outta me back there, Rainbow Dash. Next time ya pull a stunt like that, I will chuck y’all down a well and plug the hole with a barrel of cider, just to torment you, ya hear?”

“Weeeell, maybe you should have taken Twilight’s advice and not listened to me in the first place.”

“Are y’all mental, Rainbow Dash?” Applejack trotted right up to Rainbow Dash, who had dropped a hoof’s length to stare down her friend. “Rather than save us, y’all just stood around up on that cliff. That kinda betrayal in a time of need ain’t nothin’ I can accommodate, ya hear me?”

“Don’t you go there!” Dash growled through gritted teeth. “First Twilight, now you. I’m a lot of things—a hotheaded idiot and an over-competitive jerk, but I am NOT. A. TRAITOR!” she screamed into Applejack’s face.

“And I ain’t no fool, even if doin’ the right thing means I have to suffer because of it. But I ain’t gonna pull no punches either if’n someone like you needs to be put in her place.”

“Oh, this is shameful!” Rarity put in, fanning herself with a leaf. “We’re all supposed to be friends, darlings; what on earth has gotten us so put out?”

“Riiiight, because right now, I’m sure the fact that you’re having a body-image crisis beats the Queen Meanie roving around the Everfree.” Pinkie stuck out her tongue at Rarity.

“Girls…” Fluttershy whined.

“Oh, don’t you start!” Pinkie snapped, rounding on the yellow pegasus.

“How dare you?!” Rarity seethed, trotting around to face Pinkie Pie.

A blast of light engulfed the clearing; rays of light—looking so solid you might touch them—formed a halo, almost a tunnel from a point downstream. A ball of light grew in size as it came closer.

The ponies squinted into the glare. They could just make out a tall pony-shape…

The light faded; in its place stood the incorporeal form of…

“Princess Celestia!” they cried in unison. They all dropped to their bellies in supplication.

“Peace, my little ponies,” she replied, the ghost of an echo-voice behind her. “Rise. We must address the danger to our realm.”

The ponies rose, standing as they were accustomed.

“Yer Highness, I don’t think we got much time. Twilight’s long gone, so… if you could just tell us quick… Where did you go before Nightmare Moon showed up? How’d you disappear?”

“And how did you get back?” Rarity added.

“At the moment of raising the sun, I transcend this world for just a moment; in effect, the sun and I are as one. Depending on my mood—among other things—the sunrise, or sunset, can vary in substance.

“Since the tone of the Summer Sun Celebration is triumphal and glorious, my transcendence is particularly powerful on that occasion.”

“Wait a moment, Yer Highness! If yer so powerful during the Summer Sun Celebration, shouldn’t it be foal’s play to break through the night?”

“Yeah! If you’re all, like, super-powerful, shouldn’t something as awesome as the Summer Sun rising be like, I dunno, super-special-awesome powerful?”

“Could you put that as a percentage, darling?” Rarity interjected snidely. “It would be much more refined.”

“It seems that, when I transcended, Nightmare Moon chose that moment to bring all of her power to bear, drawing the Curtain of Night across the land. As I was one with the Sun, and not tied to the land or the physical world at that moment, I was stuck. I have spent all my time and energy since pushing through the Curtain of Night, and I have just now been partly successful.”

“An’ that’s why you’re all ghostlike.”

“Correct, Applejack. This is but a fraction of my power; I can project this image of light into the world to speak to you. I fear we have not much time; my body continues to put pressure on the Curtain of Night while my mind reaches out to you, but—”

“Relax, Your Highness,” Rainbow Dash cut it, “we’ll take care of Nightmare Moon no problem!”

“Really, Dash?” Pinkie drawled. “And how do you figure we’ll be able to take down Black Snooty? By being more conceited than her?”

“I don’t want to face any more mean, nasty creatures tonight… or ever…” Fluttershy whispered.

“Well, that’s a given,” Pinkie retorted sullenly.

“I’m not sure we’re the best ponies for the job…” Applejack hung her head. The others mumbled general agreement, heads also hanging, shame writ across their faces.

A hoof beneath Applejack’s chin lifted her head. Applejack stared into Princess Celestia’s eyes. There was no judgement there, only peaceful understanding and what Applejack could only describe as maternal encouragement.

“You know your own limits, Applejack, and have no time for that which hinders or hides the truth. Now, learn to be open and accepting of the faults of others, even as you seek the truth and remain forthright and honest.”

Celestia turned to Fluttershy, to whom she walked, draping an ethereal wing over the shaking pegasus mare.

“You know your weaknesses, and they are many. But you know your great strength is within; the ability to keep going for your friends, for those who depend on you. On this kindness many will depend.”

Celestia turned to Pinkie Pie, combing a hoof through the straight pink hair and flipping it until it bounced freely. Pinkie felt the beginnings of a smile on her face.

“A child in heart is no fool. It takes great courage to laugh in the face of danger, of fear, of sorrow; to see the best in everyone. Let none set you aside lightly, or send you away when they hurt; let them send for you instead.”

Celestia went next to Rarity, smoothing her coat and mane until they were less unruly than they were.

“A willing, giving soul like yours cannot be so easily tossed aside. Do not throw yourself away, nor let others cast you off. But give freely, as your generous nature allows.”

Finally, Celestia stood before Rainbow Dash, who fluttered to the ground, pawing nervously.

Celestia winked. “No one can do it alone. Even though sometimes we feel betrayed, everyone needs someone to be there for them. Friends, family; the loyal.”

The five friends looked between each other, their eyes shining, small smiles forming.

“Uh, guys…? She touched us. How—?”

Pinkie gasped. “She’s GONE!”

They all peered rapidly about.

“So she has, darling.” Rarity tapped her chin. “I hope nothing is amiss, wherever she is…”

“We can’t worry about that right now. We gotta go help Twilight!” Applejack turned to the river and trotted towards it, poised to make a leap across.

“Um, AJ…”

Applejack turned back to Rainbow Dash, who rubbed her forelegs together.

“Dash…” Applejack said softly. “I know it hurt, the things she said. But I think… Twilight is hurting more. Dontcha think she deserves another chance?”

Rainbow Dash tilted her head. “…yeah. Celestia knows, I’ve had a few of those myself…”

“All right, y’all! Let’s save Twilight and kick that Nightmare Moon square back into the stars!”

Twilight Sparkle languished at the foot the throne’s dais, Nightmare Moon perched on the throne, peering down at the unicorn as she flipped one of the five stone balls containing the Elements of Harmony up and down with her hoof.

“Twilight Sparkle,” Nightmare Moon said soothingly, “you seem distressed, my dear. Won’t you confide in me?”

“This is no life…” Twilight whispered.

“Twilight, dear, don’t fret. Just as soon as I have firmly secured the Curtain of Night across the land, I will make you my first and best servant, second to no—”

“I would rather be second or last in a small town like Ponyville, surrounded by friends, than be first under you,” Twilight whispered back fiercely.

Nightmare Moon’s snout twitched. “What?” she asked flatly, flinging the stone to the floor. “You disrespectful foal…” she hissed. Her eyes lit up blue.

The same glow appeared in Twilight’s eyes. She struggled to her feet, turning to face the throne.

“If you’re going to be difficult, I’ll expedite this. Kneel.

Slowly, unwillingly, Twilight prostrated herself before the foot of the dais.

“Say. You. Will. Me. Mine.”

“I—”

“Now, that ain’t no way to treat a pony!” rang out a voice from the entrance of the hall.

Nightmare Moon and Twilight—the former’s grip on the latter slipping with the intrusion—looked to the entranceway to face their interrupters.

“Applejack… Fluttershy… Pinkie Pie… Rarity… Rainbow Dash…” A tear crept down Twilight’s cheek. “It’s too late… I can’t get the Elements…”

“We aren’t here for the Elements, dummy!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“We’re here for you, darling.”

“Yup! Queen Meanie isn’t going to get you as long as we’re around.”

“Um, for the record, I don’t want to fight, but, um… You’re a friend, so, um… here we are…”

Applejack strode forward a pace. “That’s the long and the short of it, sugarcube. Y’ain’t getting’ rid of us. Elements of Harmony or not, we aren’t gonna let you be alone.”

“Girls—!” Twilight sobbed out.

“Cute,” Nightmare Moon deadpanned. “What, have you discovered some kind of magic in friendship?”

Twilight’s head snapped up, her eyes ablaze. White light sparked from the five stones, flying out and shooting for the five ponies standing in the entranceway.

“Friendship is a wonderful and magical thing, Yer Snootiness! Friends are people you can rely on to keep your secrets and tell ya the truth.” A short peytral of yellow gold, with an orange apple fixed to the center, appeared around Applejack’s neck as she spoke.

“Friends are people who will never fail to be kind to you.” Fluttershy received a pink butterfly on her peytral.

“Friends are the best for having super-duper fun parties, and laughing with!” Pinkie Pie’s peytral formed around a blue balloon.

“Friends will give of themselves, no matter the cost.” Rarity’s peytral pendant became a purple diamond.

“Friends are those who are going to be there for you. Always.” Rainbow Dash’s jewel took the shape of a red lightning bolt in her peytral.

Twilight rose into the air, the shapes of her five friends’ Cutie Marks flying about her before they merged into one huge six-pointed star, which contracted into a gold tiara with a magenta star on Twilight’s head. Her five friends charged forward to her side.

“FRIENDSHIP! IS! MAGIC!!!!!!!!!”

A torrent of rainbow energy burst forth from around the six ponies, flying up before hurtling down onto Nightmare Moon.

Fool. I see your heart, Twilight Sparkle. Yes, you believe your friends will carry you, and perhaps they will.

But for your impudence… you will carry ME!

The rainbow torrent, shot through with dark patches, reversed to smash into Twilight and scatter her friends.

Light blazed through the throne room as the Sun rose, and Princess Celestia appeared. “I came as soon as I felt the Curtain of Night weaken. Twilight—”

Celestia stopped short. She paced slowly towards Twilight, who was huddled in the middle of the room. Applejack and the others also approached.

Twilight’s eyes and horn were solid black.

Your guilt has tied you to me, Twilight Sparkle, hissed forth the voice of Nightmare Moon, causing everyone but Celestia and Twilight to jump back.

Now… we shall be together. FOREVER…

New prompt: Invigorating

What? We had 2 in 2 weeks, and 2 in 2 days, so... 4 in 4 weeks.
Are you not entertained?!

(only reads post; doesn't read story) And stop abusing Twilight! I do not approve! (/sarcasm)

Claiming Dreamer. Hungover from 'murica day. Can't promise it'll be done tonight, but I ain't dead. I think.

Thanks, y'all! We're back up to date. I'll space out Date and Tasty Murder a bit, but not as long as it had been.

Anyone notice we're approaching # 100?

If I had the funds to be drunk 24/7, you damn well better believe that I would be.

4526106 Lol. Believe me, I will read it at some point.

Dreamer (Sequel to Pointless):

Before, Nightmare’s “visits” had been intermittent – a few nights here and there, but never consistent. But for the past few weeks, she had invaded my dreams every night. I groaned, pulling against the restraints on my forelegs, Nightmare at the foot of my bed, once again pushing me toward the edge.

I won’t deny that, even in a dream, sex was a good stress reliever, but the constant stimulation kept my waking mind and body from actually resting, leaving me exhausted during the day. Whether that was her plan or not, I didn’t know, but I had to stop it.

“Nightmare…” I moaned, shifting my hind legs to get her attention. Stopping her was hard, her vibrant teal eyes looking up at me expectantly, a soft smile on her muzzle. She didn’t answer; she rarely even spoke after starting. With a sigh, I laid my head back and closed my eyes.

When I opened them, we were sitting across from her, surrounded by white space – I didn’t want to give her anything else to work with. Though from the shocked, almost panicked look on her face, I doubt she was even thinking about doing anything. “There,” I sighed. “Now, tell me-” She began to scurry backwards, barely managing to keep herself upright.

“H-h-how?” She sputtered, trying to maintain her footing.

“Nightmare, calm down,” I said as gently as I could over her floundering. “Just calm down. Luna taught me the basics of lucid dreaming. I’m not going to do anything to you; I just want to ask you why you’re doing this.” She seemed to relax a bit, regaining most of her composure, but still eyeing me warily. I chuckled, a bit uneasily. “We weren’t sure it would work, since I didn’t have any chance to practice.”

She looked around the empty white space, never moving enough to take me out of her periphery. “It shows,” She muttered.

“Hey! If you had left me alone for a few days, I’d be better at it,” I huffed. “Now tell me why you’ve been bothering me.”

“’Bothering’ you?” She arched an eyebrow, a slight grin forming on her lips. “I would never have guessed it was a bother from the sounds you make.”

I felt my cheeks flush. “You know what I mean! Just answer the question.”

Her grin faded and she sighed, her head sagging. “I am what I am, Twilight Sparkle: A nightmare; a creature created from fear. To fear something, there must be memory of it. Without memory, I do not exist. There are so few who remember me and, with my defeat, even fewer who fear me. But you, you have strong, recent memories of me.

“I admit, I planned on potentially driving you insane from inside your mind, leaving thoughts in your subconscious,” She said with a devious grin. “But never has someone been so… receptive to my dream manipulations. To be remembered from a single dream so vividly after days? If I tried to make you fear me, you’d learn; forget. So, I took a different route, one that you’d enjoy and remember.”

She lifted her head up to look into my eyes. I couldn’t blame her for wanting to survive, and I didn’t exactly hate the way she went about it. Still… “You could have tried talking to me, explaining this to me instead of just, well, forcing it on me.”

“And if I tried that first, how quickly would you have searched for a way to expel me from your mind?” She scoffed. “No, I weighed my options and chose the most likely route of survival.”

I sighed. “So I can expect you to continue to do this?”

Nightmare went silent at that, obviously considering her responses. Finally, she sat, head bowed. “Only if it is what you want. It is obvious that you will eventually learn to repel me if I continue to force this on you. If you allow me, I would continue to reside in your mind.” She tucked her head lower, and I could see a light blush through her black fur. “I have come to enjoy your company, if only for the physical comfort.”

My tail and wings twitched involuntarily as she finished. “I can’t honestly say I don’t enjoy it, either. But first, I need you to tell me something only you and Luna would know.” She stared at me quizzically, and I chuckled. “She wants to make sure you’re actually you, and not some other nightmare.” I shrugged.

Nightmare shook her head with a grin. “Six hundred twenty-four thousand three hundred forty-five.” She shrugged at my blank stare. “The number of rocks we threw at Equus from the moon before we got bored.”

I could only nod at that. I closed my eyes and relaxed, focusing on my body.

--------------------------------------------------------

I reopened my eyes and stared at the canopy of my bed for a moment before turning to look at the clock. I’d only been out for fifteen minutes. Sitting up, I looked over to Luna, lying across the room with a faint blush. Apparently, I hadn’t been quiet in my sleep. Good to know for the future. When she noticed that I was up, she stood.

“You woke yourself. I take it everything went well?” Luna asked, still avoiding looking at me.

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“And her proof?”

“Does the number six hundred twenty-four thousand three hundred forty-five mean anything to you?”

She groaned, dragging a hoof down her face. “Of course she would use that…”

I laughed and opened my mind. Feeling a light warmth surround me as if I was being held, I smiled and laid back down.

Word count: 945
New Prompt: Possession

I would like to claim the word possession.

Here is Posession. Hope, you like it.

The pale, silvery light of Luna's moon shone through the window of the tree house. Twilight Sparkle sat at her desk, a book opened. Only a candle was her companion. Its flame shone golden and warm. It softly trembled in the wind. Twilight was reading through her old history book.
The mare's eyes rested on the page with its colourful image. Two Alicorns, who were arguing. Twilight whispered the words of the tale: „The elder sister tried to reason with her. But the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon! She vowed, that she would shroud the land into eternal darkness.“
Twilight was so foccussed on reading her tale, that she did not really focussed on her environment. In the candle's lights shadows danced over the wall. Twilight's own shadow was stretched, until it was thrown against the wall. It grew and grew, starting to shapeshift. Out of Twilight's shadow came a black alicorn with long, feathered, batshaped wings. Her cyan eyes glowed mischievious as they rested on the unicorn. A violet tongue slided over the lips. Perfect.
The shadow dashed away and floated around. It creeped over the celling and flew over Twilight. A black hoof went down and it squeezed the flame, making the candle go out. „Hu?“ Twilight whirled around. „Who is there?“ She jumped from her seat and her horn flared purple. „Show yourself!“
Soft, high-pitched, clear laughter filled the air, making Twilight shiver. This can not be good. „So we meet again.“ Out of the shadows stepped a pitchblack mare, clad in a silvery-blue armour. Cyan eyes flickered amused and again this long, violet tongue slided out. „Twilight Sparkle.“ The mare pronounced her name with a little hiss.
Twilight lowered her head. „Nightmare Moon!“, she called and got into a charging position, „What do you want?“
Nightmare chuckled amused and turned her head so one eye looked at the unicorn. Her blue mane floated around her, twisting and shimmering. „Oh, I did not meant any offense“, she said, „I just came here to get a little taste of Celestia's famous star pupil myself.“
W-what? Twilight was taken aback and confused. She stumbled backwards and rose a brow. „What do you mean?“ Nightmare Moon slowly came closer. Her hooves barley made any sound on the wooden floor. Her hips followed every step, swinging from right to left, her tail following. Her neck to danced from one side to the other and she kept smiling.
„A pony of your stature must have had the best of the best as a companion“, she said, „But it seems that one part nopony has ever seen of you.“ Again this disgusting lick over her maw. Twilight shuddered. If I do not go nuts completely, I would say, she is flirting with me. But why?
Angrily the mare hided her precious marehood from the view. „Oh, no!“, she shouted, „You can forget that! Don't you even dare to come closer.“
Nightmare Moon sighted low. Her ears twitched. „Such a pity“, she mumbled, „I wanted to do it the easy way.“ Her eyes flashed and with a sadistic grin she showed her teeth. „Looks like you beg for the hard way.“ Twilight paniced. Nightmare Moon became blackish purple mist and floated around her.
„What...what are you doing?“, shouted Twilight. The dark mare flew closer and closer, until the mist enwrapped itself around her. Twilight yelled in panic and rose to her hindlegs. Blackish chains shot after her legs and neck, pushing her down. The mare was sweating and shivering. She fell to her knees. Darkness creeped into her heart and poured out of her veins.
Slowly Nightmare Moon rose to her feeth. Twilight Sparkle now was in her posession. A black unicorn with an elegant mane, red marks in the strands. Nightmare Moon sat down and sniffed. She lifted an hoof and ran over the slender body. Inside of her Twilight was struggeling.
„Stop it!“, she whimpered, „Please!“
„I haven't even started.“
Nightmare Moon slowly started to enjoy herself. Inside her Twilight seemed to cringle with fear and disgust. Nightmare Moon chuckled and bared her fangs. Such a crying whelp. It had hardly began. There was plenty of time. Plenty of time to discover everything.
Twilight let out a sound that could be a cry. Nightmare Moon ignored her and kept enjoying herself, licking and touching her host body, enjoying the reactions and of course Twilight's outbrust of panic, fear and disgust. Her mane and tail swirled around her, reacting to every movement. Heat filled her body together with pure, wild lust.
Finally, when Twilight thought, she could bear it no longer, Nightmare Moon released her from her dark grip. The unicorn fell down. The dark mare towered above her. Twilight was crying. „That was dreadful“, she whispered. Nightmare Moon chuckled. Her tail swipped over Twilight's head as she turned around.
„Better prepare for meeting me again. Maybe then you prefer the easy way."

New word: Darkness

Disclaimer: I Claim Dis.

All Prompt Stories Published under Full Moon Fever in Publishing Order
87 Pointless by Kean
88 Squirrels by Kean [Part 4 of Broken]
89 Sour by PearpleProse
90 Wanderer by Knight of Lycaeus
91 Lord of the Rings by Kean
92 Regret by Knight of Lycaeus
93 Dressage by Knight of Lycaeus
94 Tied by Toratchi888 [Part 3 of Darkness is Beauty, Beauty is Magic]
95 Date by Macho Madness
96 Tasty Murder [sequel to Date]

Prompts Awaiting Publication
Dreamer by Kean [sequel to Pointless]
Possession by Noctus Noxia
Hazard by Kean

Prompts Otherwise Claimed (Please Review)
Royalty: Bekdontraz

All Open Prompts (please review claims)
Art [formerly ZOMG]
Cheesecake
Conversion Bureau
Damocles [formerly Draven Eclipse]
Darkness
Deceive
Fever
Forgiveness [formerly Foals Errand]
Heat-Wave
Henshin
Invigorating
Judicious [formerly Midnight herald]
Massage
Passion
Retribution
Revolution [formerly Myrandall]
Turkey

Thanks for the information post.

4530432 Certainly. I do a post like that every so often to get all the prompts in one place.
It was mainly so I'd know what was going on all over the thread, but I'm glad it helps some other people as well.

Like it, but the collab is rated teen, which allows the implication of sex, but nothing explicit. The last few paragraphs are a bit too much, from what I can tell from the rules.

You listed "Dreamer" under unclaimed prompts. I know it was bad, but... :trollestia:

Ah, I see. I tried to betoken it. If the admin wants, I can change it even more.

That was a typo. Fixed. It IS listed as "ready".

Talk to Brunnen ( 4526316 ), get his advice. The collab is rated "Teen - for potential sauciness".

I know. It was a joke. I should probably find something that doesn't allow me any form of interaction with anyone after taking my meds. :facehoof:

I see. Oh and Kean, nice joke.

Sorry. I DID get the joke; I laughed on the inside. :twilightsmile:

4524680 Damn man, these are seriously awesome

Hmm... I can has Hazard?

Hazard:

I sigh as I leave Ponyville Town Hall and make my way toward my crystal palace. Ever since the palace literally rose from the ground, a few nobles have moved here from Canterlot. In every meeting I’ve been to, my word has been above Mayor Mare’s – unless, of course, I say otherwise. I don’t want to take her town from her, but the nobles seem dead set on it.

Everything I say is law to them, unless it leads to either causing some sort of problem for them – I honestly don’t understand how Celestia and Luna put up with them – or it relates to Nightmare Moon. No matter what I say, they seem to think that her residing in my castle will either drop their property value or dissuade others from moving here. No matter how I try to convince them, they believe her to be a hazard and search for ways to convince me of it.

In an attempt to destroy my trust in her, they said she was a deceiver; that she lied to Luna and used her.

She showed me those memories, with Luna’s permission. Luna had been the one to approach her. Never once did she lie to Luna; she told her exactly what would and could happen should she accept her power.

Of course, I would never tell the nobles that. It’s not my place. If they want it to become public knowledge, Luna and Nightmare would be the one to tell ponies.

In an attempt to destroy my love for her, they said she was a betrayer; that she’d betrayed all of ponykind and that she would have no problem doing the same to me.

But, before Luna, she never had any loyalty or obligations to any pony. Except for the few that had approached her, she was ostracized from pony society. The only pony that she could have possibly betrayed is Luna, but they have shown me that their plan on their return was made and agreed upon by the two of them.

Approaching my new castle, I charge a teleport, not wanting to walk the long halls. Releasing it, I feel myself being pulled and appear outside the doors to my chambers. I gently, silently open them and find Nightmare in bed already, sleeping. I carefully, silently approach our bed.

In an attempt to have her exiled, they petitioned Celestia and Luna, stating that she was a devil: a demon spawned in the darkest depths of Tarterus.

Reaching the bed, I see a wet stain on the pillow her head is on, and a streak of matted fur running down the cheek not against it. Carefully, softly I climb into the bed. I nuzzle her cheek, gently clearing the tears with my muzzle and she pulls me close, tight against her in her sleep. I lay my head on the base of her neck, just above her chest. After a while, she stops shaking, stops sobbing in her sleep.

When I arrived to dispute it, the nobles asked me if I could prove that she wasn’t a demon. Thankfully, Luna was there to laugh them out of the throne room, as I didn’t have an answer at the time.

Nightmare would never willingly show any vulnerability to any pony, even me. But as I fall asleep against her and feel the last few hitches from her sobbing, I realize how simple the answer was:

Devils never cry.

Word count: 575
New Prompt:Deceive

Somehow made from the title of a song in a video game.

Lyrics not applicable. Game not applicable. Literally just the title. :rainbowlaugh:

4537262 Without exception, every time I see you post a prompt I always check to see if you've decided to publish a story on your own. I'm on the fanwagon for stuff that doesn't even exist yet

4537798 "Fanwagon" :rainbowlaugh: Don't think that's gonna happen.

There will be something there at some point, when I can kick myself in the ass hard enough to complete something. Maybe probably relatively soon.

As always, glad to see that my writing is enjoyed.

Comment posted by Fuzzyfurvert deleted Jul 13th, 2015

I'm okay with it.

I accidentally though Kean had posted that particular... gem. Because of reasons.

Reasons = I was being a dufus. :facehoof:

Prompt: Songs

First contribution! Hurray!

Note: The following songs have nothing to do with each other. No matter if they're from the same movie. Also, in all songs, the characters are Anthros. I do not own My Little Pony, Disney or any of their characters.

In the Peak of The Night

Nightmare Moon

At the peak of the night
I was turning and panting
And the nightmare I had
Was as bad as can be

It scared me out of my coat
A corpse falling apart!
Then I opened my eyes
And the Nightmare was me!

I was once the most powerful mare in Equestria
When the Royals betrayed me
They made a mistake!

My prophecy made each each of them pay
But one little mare got away!

Little Twilight beware!
The Nightmare's awaaaaaaake!

At the peak of the Night
Darkness will find her!
At the peak of the Night
Just before Daaaawun!

Revenge
Will be sweet
When the spell
Is complete!

At the peak of the Night
She'll be gone!

I can feel it!
My power
Is slowly returning!
Tie my armor
And a dash of perfume
For that smell!

As the pieces fall into place
I'll see her crawl before me!
Do svidanya Andromeda!
Fare weeeell!

At the peak of the Night
Terror will strike her!

*Terror's the least I can do!*

At the peak of the Night
Darkness will brew! (Ooh!)

Soon
She will feel
That her Nightmares
Are real!

At the peak of the Night
She'll be through!

At the peak of the Night
Darkness will find her!
*Find her!*(Ooh!)
At the peak of the Night
Terror comes true!
*Doom her!*

My dear
Here's a sign!
It's the end
Of the line!

At the peak of the Night...

At the peak of the Night!

Come my Shadowbolts!
Rise for your Mistress
Let your evil shine!

Find her now
Yes!
Fly ever faster

SHE'LL BE MIIIINE!!!

(Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ald_rV6l53w)

--------------------------------------------

Dreamland's Light

Twilight Andromeda Sparkle

So many times
Out there
I've seen
A happy pair

Of lover
Walking in the Night
They had this sort of glow
Around them

It almost looked
Like Dreamland's Light

I know I'll never know
That strange
Yet loving glow!
Tough I can fool myself
All Night!
No being as hideous
As myself!
Was ever meant
For Dreamland's Light!

But suddenly
A Black Angel
Has smiled at me!
And kissed my cheek
Without a trace of fright!

I dare to think that she...
May even care for me!

And as the moon
Goes up tonight...

Somehow the darkness
Feels so warm!

I think this might be Dreamland's Liiiiiiiiiight!

(A sensational overload of bells ringing)

(Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-410BTCbj-A)

---------------------------------------------

Nightfire

Nightmare Moon

"Confiteor Faustus
Omnipotentis
Beate Faustus
Sempre Presentis
Beato Amoré Archangeló
Sanctis Apostolis
Omnibus Sanctis"

Beata Faustus...
You know I am a righteous Mare
Of my night realm
I am justly proud

"Et tibit Pater"

Beata Faustus!
You know I'm so much stronger than
The common
Vulgar
Weak
And simple crowd!

"Quia peccavi nimis!"

Then tell me
Faustus!
Why do I see her dancing there
Why her smoldering beauty
Burns my soul?!

"Cogitatione!"

I feel her
I see her!
The Moon
Caught in her purple hair!

It's sending me
Out of all controoooll!

"Verbo et opere!"

Like Fire!
Nightfire!
This fire
In my coat!

This burning!
Desire

Is turning me
To
Sin!

It's not my fault

"Mea culpa"

I'm not to blame

"Mea culpa"

It was that little mare
The one that set this flame!

"Mea maxima culpa!"

It's not my fault!
In n Her plans

"Mea culpa"

She made temptation
So much stronger
Than a Pony!

"Mea maxima culpa"

Forgive me
Faustus
Don't let this Unicorn
Cast her spell
Don't let her magic
Bind my flesh and Soul!

Destroy Twilight Sparkle!
And let her taste the fire of Tartarus!
Or else let her be mine
And mine alooone!

Knock, knock

Guard: Queen Nightmare Moon, the Unicorn has escaped.

Nightmare: What?!

Guard: She's nowhere in the Cathedral! She's gone.

Nightmare: But how... I- Nevermind. Get out you incompetent! I'll find her. I'll find her even if I have to freeze down all of Equestria!

Nightmare

Nightfire!
Cool fire!
Now Unicorn
It's your turn!

Choose me
Or
Your fire!

Be mine
Or you will
BURN!

"Kyrie Eleison"

Goddess have mercy on her

"Kyrie Eleison"

Goddess have mercy on me

"Kyrie Eleison"

But she will be mine!
Or
She Will
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!

(Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih4qSCrtj14)
--------------------------------------------

Twilight:

What great kindness, is hiding there.

Although at first she seemed so rude and mean!

Now I know, that it's not like that.

And I wonder why at first I didn't see it.

Nightmare:

She looked this way, it seemed to me.

And when we touched she didn't even flinched!

It can not be. I shall ignore it.

But she has never looked at me like that before.

Twilight:

Iiiiit's so new and exciting! How could I imagine she could be like thaaaaaaat!

Sheeeeeee's no alluring princess! But there's something about her that I hadn't seen before!

Lumiere: Nobody thought!

Miss Pots: It's such a blessing!

Clocksworg: Nobody dreamed!

Miss Pots: How it would be!

Lumiere: That when they joined something incredible was the result!

Miss Pots: That is so rare!

All three:

We have to hope, that it stays so.

And It may be possible that there's something else in there!

Clocksworg: It may be possible that there's something else in there.

Chip: What?

Miss Pots: It may be possible that there's something else in there.

Chip: What is it mama?

Miss Pots: Shhh. I'll tell you when you're older.

(Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCW29JtqRE)
---------------------------------------

We Are One

Nightmare Moon

As you go through life
You'll see
There's just so much
That we
Don't comprehend

And the only thing we know
Is things don't always go
The way we want

But you'll see everynight
That we'll never turn on you!

When it seems
All your Dreams
Turn to smooooke!

We will all be right
Filled with hope
And filled with pride!

We are more than we are
We are One!

"Family
Family
We are one

Family
Family
We are one!"

Filly Twilight

If the're so much I must be...
Can I still
Be myself?
The way I wish?

Can I trust in my heart and soul?
Or am I
Just a part
Of a bigger picture?

Nightmare Moon

Even those
Among the stars
Are with us as we
Move on

Your voyage has only begun!

Tears of pain
Tears of joy!
One thing
NOTHING can destroy...

It's our bond
Deep inside
We are One!

"Family
Family
We are one

Family
Family
We are one!"

Nightmare Moon

We are One
You and I!
We are like
The Night and Stars!

One family
Under the Moon!

All the wisdom to lead!
All the courage that you need

You will find
When you seeeee
We are One!

"Nightmare: That's who you'll be. For as long as you live here. I'm sure you'll understand somenight."

(Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyG0Jw62dPU)

---------------------------/////////---------------------

Available prompts:

-Sweets;
and
-Vacations;

4558349 Bingo! Tough his name is Rasputin. I knew SOMEPONY would recognize AT LEAST one of the singing characters. He, he. So? What do you think? Remember that this is my first contribution to this collab. So, please be gentle...

100 is right around the corner! You cats want to do anything special for it?

Possession is in the collab story, but I kept it unpublished. I very much liked the style, and the concept. But those last few paragraphs are a little bit much. Implying or hinting at sex (consensual or not) is okay, but direct descriptions of sexual acts or sexual organs would drive us straight to a Mature rating, and I'm trying to avoid that. Can you edit that section down a bit? We'd be happy to offer suggestions if you need.

Now, perhaps we could put together a Mature side story - maybe a Special Edition one-shot featuring several short Mature pieces featuring our favorite Purple Princess and her favorite Demon Goddess. Would anyone be interested in such a collection?

You're up next, Mae.

No problem. I will try my best. And I like the idea of the side-collab and I would love to take place in it.
Edit: I changed it and I hope it is okay now from the rating.

4586721 So my story was approved?! YAHOO!!!! Also, I quite like the idea of a collab. Just don't know what I can write to help.

The mature idea could be interesting.

Something for the 100th would be neat.

• Viewing 701 - 750 of 804