Seattle's Angels 2,656 members · 1,255 stories
Comments ( 931 )
  • Viewing 901 - 950 of 931

Title: Shard of Magic [Worm crossover]
Tags: [Adventure][Crossover][Human][Discord]
Views: 692
Pitch: This is a bit of an odd one as it's only pony-adjacent. In fact, physical ponies don't appear till nearly fifty thousand words in, though their influence is felt throughout. It also helps to have a working knowledge of the crossover material, though the author does a good job developing the characters without relying on that. It's a bit rough at the start, but I think it's got some real heart to it as well as a fun and interesting premise.
In short: Imagine if a superhero had a copy of the Mane Six in her head, doling out subliminal advice and crafting spells for her.
Link: Shard of Magic [Worm crossover]

Title: My Little Pony: Human Nine’s Adventrues in Equestria
Tags: [Adventure][Sci-Fi][Comedy][Human]
Views: 259
Pitch**:This story is very interesting with many twists and turns at each chapter I’m not the most popular writer but that alright. No this no self promotion. I just want to help this story get more views.
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/469284/my-little-pony-the-human-nines-adventures-in-equestria

Title: Duskmaker
Tags: [Romance] [Dark] [Adventure] [Violence]
Views: 265
Pitch: Luna x Sombra is a very rare ship, but here it's in the hands of the author behind Featherfall. It's still at the start of a slow burn, but we get to see a Luna seeking her own place in the modern world. As she explores it and the Crystal Empire, she encounters both the remnants of a curse as old as she and the dark king Sombra. Two ancient souls, far removed from their own times after being locked away for centuries.
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/479961/duskmaker

Title: Murder at the Rarity Boutique
Tags: [Drama] [Death] [Violence]
Views: 284
Pitch: Blueblood as Phoenix Wright (with Sour Sweet as Maya), trying to defend a Rarity accused of murdering Filthy Rich. While part of a larger Alt-U, it doesn't seem to require knowledge of it to be enjoyed - and it's quite enjoyable to watch as Blueblood tries to be both the foppish idiot we all know and also learn criminal law on the fly to prevent Rarity from being locked in Tartarus for a murder she didn't commit.
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/456580/murder-at-the-rarity-boutique

Title: Legends
Tags: [Adventure]
Views: 287
Pitch: An eleven-year-old Daring Do goes with her father to go tomb-delving in what's basically northern Scotland populated by crows. A sequel to 2016's Treasures, it's an adorable romp as Daring pig-headedly forges ahead to be the adventurer we all know she develops into while still listening to Dad and not getting grounded. Throw in some crow-people with outrageously thick accents and you've got a light-hearted adventure with a lead that's cute as a button but still believable.
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/461999/legends

Title: When Flurry Met Lussy
Tags: [Comedy] [Slice-of-Life]
Views: 337
Pitch: A cute little short story about Luster Dawn befriending a grown-up Flurry Heart. The author does wonders in making them click (in a platonic sense) and there's this really funny scene where the author himself makes a cameo that reveals he was listening to Flurry and Luster's conversation while eating a bag of potato chips (or crisps as the author calls them because he's British).
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/481407/when-flurry-met-lussy

Title: Cracked Cog in the Idyllic Machine
Tags: [Dark][Horror][Sad]
Views: 258
Pitch: The story is very short but it is written well. It has a fairly simple idea, not overused one at that, but to be completely honest, what really makes the story come together, is the way in which Lyra is portrayed. She is shown as something of an anti-idealist, while still being in range, of what is thought to be Harpy, by me most of the fandom, who flashes out that Equestria is, indubitably an Utopia, but making the reader see and ask himself, just how bittersweet the world actually is. Possibly, it just resonates well with both Lyra being my favorite character, and the other stuff I'm reading through at the moment. Nonetheless, i ask you to give it a read, as I said it's really short, so just see for yourself and Faust let your judgement be positive.
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/465622/cracked-cog-in-the-idyllic-machine

Title: Out of This World
Tags: [MLP: FIM][Equestria Girls][Violence][Death][Profanity][Romance][Drama][Thriller][Alt. Universe][Twilight][Chrysalis][Sunset Shimmer][Dazzlings][Principal Celestia]
Views: 759
Pitch: Chrysalis wins at the Royal Wedding and Celestia sends Twilight through to find Sunset to help. Worth a read as I've only ever seen one fic with a similar concept (that was abandoned). Unfinished, but updates every 3-4 weeks. It's the authors only fic, has good grammar, and deserves more recognition than what it has. Slow burn Sunlight romance as well.
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/470650/out-of-this-world

title: civil patrol a five score tale
tags: mlp:fim sex dark adventure mystery human celstia oc
views: 487
first chapter posted: may 16 2018
ok i personal think this story is amazing and that the author just needs a bit of a push to get his story out in the open.
this has never been featured as to my knowledge..
link: civile patrol a five score tale
i am hopping the staff finds this to make the cut and is added to this group.

Title: "At All Hours"
Tags: MLP: FIM, Comedy, Slice of Life, Rarity
Views: 316
Pitch: It is the simplest premise for a comedy that you can imagine: Rarity, having just opened her boutique, is working past midnight on a project, trying to put far more into it then her client requested. Rarity's sleep-deprived mind makes up all manner of silly distractions which she attempts to overcome in an effort to make a simple scarf/pashmina that will be absolutely perfect. The story is written from the perspective of the main character's addled stream of consciousness, and the only two other minor characters appear almost entirely in flashback. What makes it work is just how "been there" the absurd ideas that torment Rarity's mind must feel to anyone who has ever pulled an all-nighter--things from imagining porters carrying the bags under her eyes to appologizing to her rubber duck for sitting on him. Her irrational fear of using her color chart was my favorite bit. The most remarkable thing about the story to me was just how well the jarringly disjointed narrative which meanders semi-coherently from one idea to another brings the premise and the comedy to fruition. The subject matter and the narrative style each would have never worked without the other.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/235152/at-all-hours

A Perfect Day
Dark, Horror, Sci-Fi
248 views.

I first read this story about two weeks ago and I don't think I've recovered yet. This story is a brutal, unforgiving take that is bleak and beautifully despairing. I can't say too much without spoiling it, but there's a certain sense of dread that comes from horror stories involving Perfect Days, but this is a story that knows it and utilizes it well. It's hard hitting and doesn't pull back on any punches. The pace of reveals is excellent and kept me invested as to what the heck was going on, and by the time the final twist hit it was far too late. Not to mention that this entire thing was written in the span of about three hours!

In short I'm glad I read this but I don't know if I'll ever recover from it. Please do give it a shot!

Title: The Unexpected Adventures of Trixie and Sunset
Tags: Adventure, Sci-Fi
Views: 462
Pitch: Traveling through time and space in the TARDIS, Trixie and Sunset do it all. They have a wonderful dynamic and you'll grow to love the other characters, too. The side characters are super fleshed out and so are the settings Trixie and Sunset find themselves in. There's a lot of elements to the story that can get a little complex, but the author does an absolutely fantastic job of tying everything together. The writing is itself is also very good and good at keeping a reader engaged. I read it quite a while ago, and it is certainly memorable.
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/403490/the-unexpected-adventures-of-trixie-and-sunset

Title: A Hundred Pounds of Clay
Tags: Dark, Drama, Sci-Fi
Views:278

Pitch: Pinkie has been killed and Twilight is on an all-consuming mission to rebuild her. The circumstances that led us here are left vague, making the ongoing drama between a guilt-wracked Princess and her concerned sentient science project front and center.

To call Twilight's fragile stoicism in this fic a "defense mechanism" would be an understatement; its progressively clear as the endeavor progresses that when Pinkie died, so did an important piece of Twilight's psyche. Still, this story is all about repairing the irreparable. Even when Pinkie is in her earliest iteration as a pair of blinking binary lights, it's her who is working to pull a friend out of a place you don't normally come back from. And while the ending of this fic isn't exactly rosy, it does give the reader a cathartic release before leaving off with a cautious promise that because Twilight managed a miracle, Pinkie will too.

Str8aura has published dozens of short stories inspired by pictures I've posted, but this one's emotional torque is head and withers above all the rest.

TA Hundred Pounds of Clay
Twilight sets out to newmake an old friend, alongside someone else
Str8aura · 2.3k words  ·  43  1 · 967 views

Title: Secrets in The Stars
Tags: [Adventure][Sci-Fi]
Views: 190
Pitch: This is an exceptional science fiction story hampered by its intentionally vague initial presentation. But by the end of the third chapter, I was totally invested. I kinda have to spoil a bit here, but the protagonist, Spring Bloom, is initially just an ordinary mare in a slightly different present-day Equestria. But she eventually winds up over a century in the future, where space travel is commonplace. And as she investigates this new world, and presumably the hidden truth behind her husband's untimely death, he path will likely collide with a shadowy conspiracy bent on unmaking the very foundations of Equestria. The setting, characters, and prose are all excellent, being unique while still feeling like a natural extension of MLP. It could not exist without the show to build off of. I hope bananachips can finish this budding epic, as I'm dying to know how it all will end.
Link: Secrets in The Stars - Fimfiction

Title: Close to Heart
Tags: [Romance]
Views: 588
Pitch: The Mane 6 gather around on a lonely Hearts & Hooves Day, comparing stories about their bad luck in romance. When the discussion comes to Twilight, she reveals a secret - her marriage.

For starters, this is perhaps the only fic on the site that focuses on Timber Spruce the pony rather than the human. But beyond that - it's an amazingly written piece, packed with fascinating world building. It manages to create a scenario that bridges the FIM/EQG divide by mirroring the Twilight/Timber relationship while managing to also be (mostly) canon-compliant.
Link: Close to Heart

Title: The Problem With Pets
Tags: [Romance] [Drama] [Adventure] [Anthro]
Views: [621]
Pitch: I have to say this is in one of my favorite list to read. It has a lot of great aspects to the story. I love the adventure of it. I think it should be a well deserve fiction to be added to this place.
Date: October 13th 2018 - December 8th 2018 (complete)
Link: The Problem With Pets

Title: Liquid Euphoria
Tags: [Dark] [Drama] [Sci-Fi] [Thriller] [alt. Universe]
Views: [564]
Pitch: I do like thrillers out there but, one shot thriller can be short however, I do love this fiction choice. Well, because of Luna and Celestia. no spoilers :3
Date: April 5th 2016 (complete)
Link: Liquid Euphoria

Title : almost too late
Tags : [dark] [sad] [slice of life]
Views : [31k]
Pitch : it maybe an oldie and it may have a lot of views but it’s pretty beautiful for a one shot and I’ve read it a few times I very much enjoyed it. It’s part of what inspired me to start trying to write for this site.
Date : 17th December 2014 (completed)
Link : https://www.fimfiction.net/story/236129/almost-too-late

I like this one a lot!

Descendants of the Isle

Please add it!! 🥺

FanficReader920
Group Admin

Please use the template to recommend your story (You can use the recommendations made before you as an example.). We can't just check it out on this alone.

Title: Painting in the Dark
Tags: [Slice of Life],[Luna],[OC]
Views: 57 (08/05/2021)
Pitch: After a decade on this site and hundreds of Luna stories it is super rare to see an interpretation of Luna and her fall I’ve never seen before. Nebulus managed it and managed it well.
Link: Painting in the Dark

Nebulus also manages the difficult feat of writing a child OC who, while precocious, still reads as a child.

Title: Training to Fly
Tags: [Drama], [Slice of Life]
Views: 800
Pitch: You know how Scootaloo can’t fly? Well, this story deals with that same premise, except this time, you throw in all of the filly’s guardians! Basically, what happens in this story is that Scoots tries a dangerous stunt to force her wings her work, and her aunts, and parents, worry about her. What sets this story apart from others with the same premise is that it shows how Scoots’ issues affect her family and not just herself. It’s a great story; truly enjoyed it.

Title: More Precious than Pearls
Tags: [Slice of Life]
Views: 684
Pitch: I feel like Sliverstream and Terramar don't get enough stories together. They’re a great sibling duo and care deeply for each other. Well, this story explores just that! After the events of Season 9’s “Student Counsel”, the pair returns home. On the way home, Silverstream reminisces about a story from when they were kids. This story explores the pair’s dynamic and Silverstream’s deep love for her little brother, as well as her fears and doubts.
It’s a wonderful read.

How many stories can I recommend at once?

Title: Advice From A Princess.
Tags: [Dark][Sad]
Views: 409
Pitch: After being bullied Featherweight has had enough of being bullied. He needs help, a help from a Princess.
Link: Advice From A Princess.

At once? There really isn't a limit. I mean, just look at this comment of CSquared's from way back when.

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/1734/seattles-angels/thread/5830/fic-recommendation-thread?page=18#comment/487550

Thank you for the reply.

Title: Spirits of the Season
Tags: [Comedy], [Slice of Life]
Views: 219
Pitch: This story has a premise unlike any other story I’ve read so far. Like canon, Starlight and Sunburst are avoiding their parents. But this time, it’s for the holidays. The pair then decide to go to a haunted house, where they get captured by... ghosts. This may sound like a ridiculous story at first, but trust me, once you read it, you’ll see that it’s a heartwarming tale about the holidays and love.

Title: Cleaved
Tags: [Drama], [Sad]
Views: 394
Pitch: TCC56 has plenty of wonderful stories, and this one is no exception. Cleaved is a beautifully woven tale of a couple (and their little baby) who are desperately trying to escape the Crystal Empire during King Sombra’s rule. Bear in mind that this story takes place 1000 years prior to the main show. So as the couple are trying to flee, they encounter their obstacles, but unfortunately, they don’t get the desired outcome. Halfway through the story, the narration splits in two, which is an amazingly creative way of writing a story. It’s a sad tale about two poniesdo the best they can to survive...

• Viewing 901 - 950 of 931