Seattle's Angels 2,656 members · 1,255 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Professor Plum
Group Admin

The thing with the people is habbenin again! But different!

This time, we've got special guest GhostofHeraclitus on! And the podcast will be happening at the slightly earlier time of 7pm EST

I repeat, the podcast will be two hours earlier than usual!

Other than that, expect the usual nonsense.

Unfortunately, I doubt that I'll be able to catch this one. Me, my older brother and a friend are going to get drunk and try to fix a TV. Not in that order, I assume, but one of our drinks is going to be a bottle of 130 proof bourbon, so if that gets opened early on, all bets are off.

With that said, I actually have a few questions for everyone (for the first time in eons). First, what is your alcoholic drink of choice, be it a specific brand, a certain type of drink in general (wine, hard cider, porter, stout, rum, scotch, etc.), a mixed drink, or any other category I'm overlooking? And second, what is your favorite TV series based on a comic book, either an animated series, a live-action show, or one of each? Any love for Arrow, The Flash, or Jessica Jones?

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Going live momentarily!

Ghost says we should come over here to ask questions, so I'll stay thematic.

Plum, since you drink Scotch, what are your Scotch recommendations?

Yes, I will totally judge you based on your answer. But I'll still think you're cool, even if you don't like Islays.

Ghost likewise sent me. Good place to end up. Assure him it's possible for people to survive a full stream and come out the other side mostly sane.

What non-pony stuff has everyone been reading recently, if any? Any particular series, or authors?

You never actually got around to answering the other question that I asked. Though to be fair, you didn't cover episodes 3 or 4 either. Next podcast, perhaps?

Also, Plum, I already knew you like Scotch. You made that abundantly clear as early as Round 19 (The Scotsman drinks Scotch. Who would’ve fucking guessed?). And I do recall addressing the question to everyone. It's not all about you know. :derpytongue2: But on a more serious note, I probably should've asked you specifically what Scotches you recommend (luckily Bradel had that covered). The only brand of Scotch I've ever tried is something called Chivas Regal, and I was completely unimpressed. Granted, I assume there are better Scotches (read: ones that don't suck), and I've been meaning to try others, but I'm pretty satisfied sticking with bourbons, vodkas, the occasional hard cider, and this one black spiced rum named The Kraken that goes great on it's own or with Coke.

archonix
Group Admin

5180923 Chivas Regal is kind of naff. Blended whiskies do tend to be less than amazing most of the time. Personally I recommend Ardbeg or Laphroaig if you want something smokey and peaty, Dufftown as a decent example of a speyside, Talisker for something a little unique, and then my old favourite Dalwhinnie. That one is the first whisky I ever drank.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7