Seattle's Angels 2,656 members · 1,255 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
alexmagnet
Group Admin

Hey look at that! We finally reached 250 members, which I'm pretty sure makes us the greatest group ever... or something like that. Anyway, in celebration we decided to not do any of the stuff that people suggested and instead hold a live Question & Answer session this upcoming Friday, 5/10. The stream will start at 9PM EST, and will go on for however long we're willing to go I assume. We really only decided on a start time, not an end time. Regardless, it should be pretty fun.

If you're wondering where this livestream will be held, well look no further than this link: Seattle's Angels Livestream :trixieshiftright:

If you suggested something in the previous thread, and you'd still like to see it done still, then feel free to hop into the Q&A on Friday and maybe we'll do it, depending on how willing everyone is. Again, the start time is 9PM Eastern Standard Time. If you can't make it for whatever reason, then you can submit questions in this thread and we'll do our best to answer them. Also, assuming I can get everything running properly, we'll also be recording it so we can put it up on youtube or something for anyone that missed it and wants to see it.

Mark your calenders, kids. This Friday, 9PM, be there or be square.

We hope to see you guys there!
unintentional rhyming ftw!

Pilate
Group Admin
Csquared08
Group Admin

Don't panic.

alexmagnet
Group Admin

New stream link because I'm an idiot and can't get livestream to work...

I am watching, but I don't have a Youtube account. Also, I'm a little late to mention this, but on the subject of Russians and Tetris...

Pav Feira
Group Admin

8:30 - Being a Seattle's Angels reviewer
18:36 - Featured Box, Popular Stories
24:07 - FO:E, Cupcakes, Past Sins part 1
27:00 - Stories by Nicknack
29:36 - Worldshield-bluh. Worldbuilding
35:29 - Alex writes horse words
42:03 - Prereading, reviewing, editing
47:10 - Stories we'd like to see
56:29 - Flash Gordon x Freddie Mercury OTP
1:00:39 - A wild Casca joins!
1:02:27 - Is SA too hugboxy?
1:12:10 - Suddenly creepypasta
1:18:58 - What stories are there too much of?
1:25:21 - Introduction (You say we suck at this. I say in medias res.)
1:27:49 - Favorite character / genre in fiction
1:49:31 - Alternate history / universe fics
1:54:58 - Alex can't speak, Pav can't drink, then suddenly Nicknack!
2:04:41 - Not pony enough?
2:09:28 - FO:E, Cupcakes, Past Sins part 2
2:15:35 - Does reading pony cause us to read more "real" fiction?
2:21:20 - Rarity fights giant crabs?!
2:25:38 - Has reviewing made us cynical?
2:27:10 - Should longfics even be written?
2:29:09 - Is fanfiction beneath "real" fiction?
2:34:25 - Equestria Girls! They're kinda magical!
2:40:37 - Is fanfiction lazy or remix culture?
2:47:28 - Anthro fics?
2:49:10 - CHEEZE WHIZ!
2:52:03 - Favorite portrayal of a character
3:03:52 - Favorite drinks
3:10:00 - Season 4: last season? And Season 1-3 highlights
3:23:40 - Final thoughts
3:31:36 - Why do we have 250 followers?

This was a lot of fun for us! Is this something that'd interest you guys? Maybe if we did this more frequently, shorter, and (attempting) to stick to just one or two topics per video? Let us know!

Seattle_Lite
Group Contributor
Csquared08
Group Admin

Hey! Where is "Her majesty, Csquared"?

Pav Feira
Group Admin

Where the heck were you?! :pinkiegasp: Your ass is in on the next one, no objections.

...your luck your so cute. 3:26:50

Seattle_Lite
Group Contributor

Yeah, someone's gotta keep your ramblin asses in line!

Skipping around a bit, picking out the parts that seemed most interesting. 3.5 hours is a bit much. I'd rather see a bit more focused things at about an hour length max.

One thing I found interesting was the discussions on what type of fics get written and/or are popular. Think I'll add a question about that to the "ask us anything" thread ;)

Csquared08
Group Admin

The banter is hilarious, though. I recommend giving the whole thing a listen, especially since Pav's table of contents is missing a fair amount.

975276 Yeah, it is. Problem is, and the chat itself mentions this, that all that fan-base interaction cuts into time for doing other things, like reading fan fics. Or writing, which I really should be doing right now :scootangel:

975276 Hey, CSquared. The next time Seattle's Angels does a livestream, if you're able to join them, wear a Santa hat.

Csquared08
Group Admin

For once, you've said something brilliant.

At 1:30:00, the topic of a 1st person Fluttershy story came up. I just want to point out that there are two 1st person Fluttershy stories that I know of off the top of my head. The first is Survivor Shy, which is basically Fluttershy alone in a post-apocalyptic setting trying to find the Elements and return Equestria to the way it once was. It's the first story I tried to recommend here, though now it gets into the featured box just about every time it updates. The second is I Have No Voice, and I Must Cry, a dark little one-shot set centuries after Keep Calm and Flutter On and based on the assumption that Fluttershy is the only friend Discord ever makes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16