The Collab Cage 651 members · 141 stories
Comments ( 91 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 91
Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

EDIT 3: There seems to be some issues with some players not seeing the second page. Keep in mind, FiMFiction only puts 50 posts per page now, and we have over seventy. It seems if you have No-Script active, this can prevent the second page from showing, or perhaps it's a browser thing (because why are you using not-Firefox? So silly), but please make sure you find the ACTUAL last line to continue! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Be sure to refresh before you post to make sure someone hasn't beaten you. Please delete any posts that are superceded (or edit them to make sense).

Edit 2: *facepalm* I was really hoping we could avoid just making her an alcoholic. Poor Berry, *sighs*. Oh well. Also, you can post more than once, just not in a row, haha. I dunno if people are doing that on purpose or not but...yeah.

So let's have a little fun, shall we? I'll try to do these sort of thread games every now and then. You can consider them practice, entertainment, or even with a goal in mind. This would be one of the last--what we do here, we'll turn into a story! One to be posted on the group profile.

So from posts 1 to post 500, each person writes ONE line in a continuing story. It can be a little silly, but try and keep it somewhat relevant. Especially as we near the end!

I'll start you off:

Berry Punch didn't know what she was in for when she'd decided to knock on the door of the home of the Apple family's resident uncle, Apple Strudel, but she'd made a promise, by Celestia, and she was going to keep it.

She boldly knocked on the door, but after waiting for a while, no sound could be heard from inside.

"You wanted me, Apple Strudel?" asked the alcohol connoseiur.

Reaching her hoof up, she tried the doorknob.

It was unlocked.

The door opened easily, bringing thoughts of tragedy and vandalism to the forefront of her mind before she poked her head in, "Apple?"

However, her imagination was proved to be wrong, as everything indoors was neat and orderly.

Scanning the room, her eyes landed on the one element that was out of place-- an envelope lay on the coffee table, weighed down by a bottle of good Germane beer.

Seeing no one in her immediate vision, Berry headed to the envelope. She checked the label of the beer- Strudel had done some research. It was good beer.

She decided to get straight to the important business at hoof, and skillfully popped off the cap on the beer before swiftly draining it dry.

Pickle
Group Contributor

She sighed in delight as she finished off the beer, and set the empty bottle back on the table noticing the envelope that laid there.

She picked up the envelope with a puzzled expression, sliding a hoof under the edge and opening it.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Inside was a plain paper letter, triple folded, which she opened to reveal a long and elegantly written letter--but to her dismay it was written in what she assumed was Germane.

"Now who do I know, who can translate Germane?" She wondered aloud.

Suddenly the door slammed behind her, and in a split second she had a large, red-eyed stallion charging at her.

Berry screamed at the top of her lungs and reached for the nearest object, which happened to be the empty glass bottle of Germane beer.

Her hoof scrabbled over the glass, and in the process of failing to pick up the bottle, she knocked over the table, and threw its contents and herself to the floor.

She opened her eyes to see the red eyed stallion looking down at her.

"What re ya doing in mah house?" he asked in the familiar Apple dialect

"Y-you asked for me t-to be here, M-Mister Strudel..." stammered the purple mare.

"Did Ah say you could speak, little missy?"

"You did ask me a question," she stammered.

Apple Strudel glared down at her and spat, "Missy, Ah don't believe Ah asked fer that kinda tone."

Berry cowered and squeaked, "…okay…"

"What makes you think you can just waltz into my house, drink my special beer, and read my mail?" Apple Strudel raised asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh... I-I'm s-sorry sir, b-but you see I made a promise to somepony; I have to be here," Berry squeaked, tapping her hooves together and averting her gaze.

"I'll have you know I'm the only pony t' have lived here in nearly sixteen years," he growled.

"T-that's not what I meant... I have to come talk to you," she stuttered in reply.

His eyes widened slightly; of the things he might have been expecting to hear, this was clearly not one of them.

"An' who exactly is this here pony ya made a promise fer?"

"C-colgate...." whispered Berry almost unintelligibly, "she asked me to come talk to you."

"I don't know a Colgate, missy, so leave the bits for what you took and get out."

"W-wait!" Berry cleared her throat. "Colgate is the blue mare who is in town sometimes. She told me to come here and put in a good word for her..."

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

He raised an eyebrow as his impressive mustache twitched before saying, "Oh, she did, did she? What fer?"

"Y-yes, sir, she did. She wants a job."

487182 "Well… I'm not hirin'!" said Apple Strudel defiantly, although he knew full well how much he would like an extra hoof.

"Please, sir? She said she'll work for very little," replied Berry, having regained a bit of her confidence.

"No means no!" yelled Apple.

"Why not? Everyone in Ponyville knows your farm and shop aren't doing well, with only you running them."

Berry raised an eyebrow and said, "Oh really? What do you mean by 'not safe'?"

"Well... I obviously didn't, as I drank it without hesitation. Besides, Colgate is much more responsible than me."

"Oh... well, I think she worked as a stripper once..." Berry said, deep in thought.

His ears perked up at this, it'd certainly make work more enjoyable if he had a mare with that particular body type around.

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

"Yeah, she used to strip wooden furniture. She wasn't really cut out for it though...wore her out beyond belief." Berry explained.

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

"Well erm, I'm not sure that she has that...but she could learn, right?" Berry asked optimistically.

Berry grinned in relief as she rose to her hooves and said, "Oh, Thank you sir!"

Berry grinned ear to ear and nodded vigorously.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Berry took the book with a smile as she cried, "Oh, thank you so mu--"

"...Why will I need a book about dealing with bunny ears?"

Apple glared down at her before stating menacingly "Ya think yer funny huh? Why don' ya try listenin' for once."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 91