Gravity Falls Fan Group 317 members · 30 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

So I'm FINALLY getting around to writing at least a draft of my fan fiction idea for Gravity Falls- one of a few, but this is the one I'll most likely publish, if at all. And right now I'm currently at the point in Dipper and Mabel's conversation where Mabel reveals her part in causing Weirdmageddon. Problem is... I'm still unsure of how exactly to portray Dipper's reaction. Does he forgive her on the spot? Is he feeling angry and betrayed? I already had him go over what exactly the rift was (thus triggering Mabel's memories), so he's already acknowledged HIS part, and considering he gave up his apprenticeship for her... the thing that caused Mabel to run out on him earlier, kick-starting the apocalypse in the first place... somehow I didn't really think this out as much as I thought I did. :twilightoops:

I mostly just envisioned this as a one-shot fic, a single conversation between the two the night before the big battle with Bill & the Gang. It just hit me NOW how much I need to consider how such a conversation would realistically go between these two. But I still want them to have each others backs by the end of the story.

TL,DR; My writing scenario has Dipper and Mabel sitting on the front porch on lookout the night before the Shackatron is unleashed, and then the subject of how this happened at all. Dipper explains the rift, and then Mabel realizes that she :twilightblush:ed up and tells Dipper about her mistake. How do you believe he should respond?

5276907 I'd think eventual forgiveness. He'd be confused, then frustrated, then forgiving.

Yeah, pretty certain it would be end in forgiveness. Though there could be some worry due to Bill apparently possessing Blendin Blanden who has access to time travel.

The thing is that the twins both know what Bill is capable of (especially now if they've just escaped from his prison bubble thing) and to what lengths he would go (especially since Dipper once made a deal with him and got his body possessed as a result).

So, really... after the initial worry, confusion and frustration is over, Dipper would probably figure that even if Mabel had been totally aware of what was going on and what the rift was, there's not much she could have done about it. Bill would have just possessed someone else and gone after the rift through a different route.

Also, he's apparently omnipotent for some reason. That was a bit surprising (and kind of a let down). I mean, in his previous appearances he seemed like a pretty cool sort of dream demon or something that existed entirely in the mental plane and could only manipulate memories or possess people or something. Or he was some kind of eldritch abomination and the whole top-hat triangle thing was just him taking on a form people were comfortable with.

Now it turns out he's some kind of actual top-hat wearing triangle guy who can re-write reality on a whim and his whole reason for existence is to be an asshole? With the whole "he needs to make a deal to enter your mind" rule seeming more like a really contrived suggestion considering he was able to enter Grunkle Stan's head due to Gideon making a deal? I mean, what would have stopped Bill from asking Gideon to make a deal to let him enter Mabel's brain to make her love him or something? Or possessed some random hobo and had him run her over with a car as soon as she exited the Mystery Shack?

Once you're dealing with that kind of bullshit, it's generally better to be glad that your loved one is safe than to go pointing fingers at anyone other than the actual bad guy. Plus, he's forgiven her for all the other stuff she's put him through, I don't see why he would stop now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3