Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Hello, hello. Not sure if there's a particular etiquette here; so I'm just going to get into it.
My wife's grandfather is going through the last chapter of his life. He lost his wife to cancer awhile ago, and recently had to have most of a leg amputated due to his own health issues. To say that he feels that he's lost a lot of reasons to get up in the morning sums up how the last few weeks have been.
One of the things that gives him comfort is his faith and most of his family is spiritual but not necessarily religious. My wife and I do dinner with him every week and he recently told me that I'm the only one who sits down and talks about God with him.
Some days he is in good spirits, but more often it's like he's just waiting to expire.
My faith occupies a spot between Universalism and Trinitarian Wicca. I won't be offended if no one prays that the Divine lends me strength to help him through this difficult time on grounds of heresy; but please pray for him.

I won't be offended if no one prays that the Divine lends me strength to help him through this difficult time on grounds of heresy; but please pray for him

Of course we'll pray for him....
Almighty and everlasting God, who can banish all affliction both of soul and of body, show forth your power upon those in need, that by your mercy they may be restored to serve you afresh in holiness of living, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

I believe in praying for those whom I disagree with. Doesn't matter if they are a "heretic." Doesn't matter if they don't have the same view of God as I do. As a Christian, I am called foremost to love my neighbor. Scripture tells us that Jesus himself spent time with such people: the tax collectors, the rich, the poor, the Jews, the Gentiles, the young, the old, and the prostitutes. If the Christian is to be more Christ-like, they ought to follow that example.

TLDR: I'll be praying and asking the saints in heaven to intercede on your wife's grandfather's behalf. I wish him, as well as the rest of his family, all the best. :twilightsmile:

Of course, sounds like the poor man's been through a long and painful trial, everyone needs a prayer to get them through some days.

Of course.

May God go with you. Stay strong.

That's all I ask. Thank you, and may God bless you:twilightsmile:

Thank you for that. I've heard some real colorful reasons why Christians shouldn't pray for me. May God bless you. :twilightsmile:

I can't even begin to imagine what he's going through. Thank you, and may God bless you:twilightsmile:

Thank you. May God be with you as well:twilightsmile:

There is no wrong time to pray to God. His ears are always attuned. May he guide u on this precarious path and may u know the peace and joy found only in Him!

Thank you for that, and may God bless you.:twilightsmile:

Fear not, sir! I will pray for you so that God Almighty can help and comfort your wife and her grandfather through this period of turmoil that both are enduring.

Thank you for your prayers. May God be with you as well :twilightsmile:

You're most welcome and be sure to thank God for that too.

Anytime, anytime.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12