Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. - Psalm 42:5

If he’s in a rainstorm and hearing voices then he is probably suffering from some kind of auditory hallucination. I say that because we have evidence of auditory hallucinations existing in our reality, but we have no evidence of a god or some other spirit actually existing.

Does that mean it’s impossible he’s hearing god? No. Is it rational to believe there is a God until better evidence then ‘hearing voices in the rain’ is presented? No.

You're misunderstanding. The storm in the song is not a literal storm, but a metaphorical one. The storms of life that come our way. Hard times. Rough patches. Not a literal thunderstorm and not literal rain.

That’s even worse! I can imagine someone standing in a rain storm thinking maybe they hear a voice being a fairly balanced individual, but if you are going through a highly challenging and emotional time of your life (meaning you are more vulnerable) and that’s when you start hearing voices....

Just my opinion but that is definitely not a credibly source of evidence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4