Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 51

He who is both man and divine! :rainbowwild:

Filthy Nord lies. Tiber Septim was a man, and remains a man in death.
LONG LIVE THE ALDMERI DOMINION

SKYRIM IS A PROVINCE OF THE EMPIRE, NOT AN EMPIRE ITSELF.

I've got me dragon, I'm good

You Dragon-Worshiping Nords got wiped out by the mighty Empire, and now you rear your heads again? P U R G E
Jokes aside, this is why I love Th Elder Scrolls- such rich lore!

Who ever said I was nord?
But yes elder scrolls is indeed awesome

ANYONE WHO GOES AGAINST THE MIGHTY EMPIRE AND DOMINION ARE FILTHY NORDS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ive never really understood the talos stuff, so I've joined the empire, dark elves are great mages

The Empire has held Tamriel together for hundreds of years. Why betray it now?

Who said I was betraying?
I'm sticking with it, plus it's fun to see the stormcloaks run from my dragon

oh... I thought the title said "ya'll need tacos" hehehe... my bad...

If it was tacos, I'd be ALL for it.

...I'm hungry

The Empire is a laughable joke nowadays.

In any case, Skyrim is screwed no matter what faction you choose.

If the Stormcloaks win, the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion wouldn't stand idly by. You'd see a formal military operation, and once the Aldmeri-Imperial forces win (when, not if), you'd see more Thalmor involvement in Skyrim, which would lead to more oppressive laws and policies. The system of Jarls, the High Kingship, any form of Nordic worship of the Nine Eight Divines would be completely stamped out. Talos worship aside, no more Shor, no more Sovngarde, no more Thu'um.
The Imperials are the ones truly protecting Skyrim.

You do realize the Aldmeri Dominion called the Great War "The First War with the Empire", right? And since Talos worship is banned, he can no longer protect mankind. This is the Thalmor's endgame. To weaken the Empire and stamp out the hero-god, the DEFENDER of mankind.

You know what? Screw the Lamecloaks. Screw what dares calls itself "Tiber Septim's Empire".

Nords, Redguards, and Imperials alike should unite against these witch-elves. The more the Civil War drags on, the more the Thalmor gain. Over both Cyrodiil and Skyrim. Titus Mede II has been assassinated. The Empire is in shambles. The Stormcloaks are little more than racist farmers.

Are we going to destroy each other and let the Thalmor claim victory over our corpses?

The Blades should replace the Penitus Oculatas. They should restore the Dragonborn to his rightful place: the Emperor of Tamriel.

The Thalmor Dossier: Ulfric Stormcloak should be shown to Jarl Ulfric and General Tullius. Only then would they put their hatred aside for the greater good.

Hail the Dragonborn, true Emperor of Tamriel!

And instead of trying to tactically forge a new diplomatic alliance with disillusioned Imperials and their subjects, with the Redguards and Dark Elves and other Anti-Altmer races, Ulfric Stormcloak led a backwards revolution based on solely Nordic nationalism, alienating other races.
Look at the way Dunmer are treated in Windhelm. Look at how the Nords view the Khajit, Argonians, Elves of any sort. Ulfric's rebellion not only allows this sort of Nord superiority, but actively encourages and breeds it.
Ulfric murdered Torygg instead of convincing him of the threat of the Thalmor. Instead of using ties to Legate Rikke, Ulfric led an open rebellion on his own countrymen. Instead of bringing his countrymen together, he tore them apart.

If the Empire wants any chance of fighting the Aldmeri Dominion again, of pushing them out of power, then it needs all the support it can get. All Imperial subjects, from Skyrim to Elsweyr and from Hammerfell to Morrowind, are being oppressed by the Altmer. They need to rise up as one Empire, but Ulfric is only succeeding in further splintering it. If Skyrim goes independent, then the Empire has no choice but to put them down and remove one of the most fierce fighting forces they have from their potential armies.
Ulfric's rebellion is a petty attempt at revolution in the now, and the Imperials represent a unified suffering that leads to a more powerful reconquest down the line. The White-Gold Concordant was a tactical decision by the Empire to, in some way, buy themselves time to build a greater opposing force to the Altmer.
Ulfric is being narrowminded and shortsighted, and that's why his personal victory is a great loss for all Tamriel. His personal loss, however, is the best chance at a true rebellion.

The Dunmer came to Windhelm expecting to be practically worshipped by the local Nords.

They were wrong.

In fact, you can hear from an Altmer who lives in Windhelm that the Dunmer are far too naïve.

I'm not supporting Ulfric. However, prolonging the Civil War only helps the Thalmor. If the War suddenly stops and both Imperials and Nords work together, then it would hinder the Thalmor's progress. They united forces could then forge an alliance with Hammerfell. Imperial diplomats could secure relations with High Rock. Then, said Imperial diplomats could pressure the Stormcloaks to treat the Dunmer and Argonians better. Slowly, but surely, relationships will begin to improve. Then they would launch a campaign to push the Aldmeri forces back, with the help of Khajiit and Bosmer rebels.

Exactly! But Ulfric's insistence on his own righteousness, and his unwillingness to cooperate with the Imperials, only hinders any hopes of alliance.

This could easily be solved by the Dark Brotherhood.

How so? Secretly murdering Ulfric seems like it would cause more problems than it would solve.

Skyrim, smyrum. This is where it's at.

I've been playing the series since TES: Arena. Get on my level.

A weaker leader would come to power and sign a treaty with the Imperials.

I imagine that assassinating Ulfric would only cause his army to splinter. Galmar Stone-Fist would probably insist that the Imperials had Ulfric killed, and lead a weaker rebellion to the same gruesome end.

What if Galmar was assassinated too?

Same thing still happens. A lesser leader takes command of a less powerful, more radicalized army.

Am ich ze only one vondering how an Elder Scrolls debate got in a Christian bronies group?

No, you're not. Same here.

...I wonder how half of the conversations we have on here get on this group... C'est la vie.

Ezio Auditore
Group Admin

We need a Talosian Bronies group.

Somepony get to work on that

By Azura, By Azura, By Azura! It's the Grand Champ-

God, Obvlion....

Oblivion was a pretty good game, and pretty much everything I know about the Elder Scrolls lore was what I learned in Oblivion. How good are the other Elder Scrolls games? Haven't had any opportunities to play the others.

Skyrim is pretty gr8 m8 8/8

It was the first I played, so it's my favorite. Though I realize that for some, it ruined Nords. It watered down their culture. But the gameplay is far superior to Oblivion (the faces are way better too).

Never played Arena, Daggerfall, or Morrowind though.

I saw trailers for Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, and it looked pretty good. I'll have to play some of the others when I get an opportunity.

Eh, I’ve played Online and didn't like it.

He means Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind, a bit dated, having been released 2002/2003, its fantastic.

Well, if I find myself with an opportunity to play any other Elder Scrolls games, I will. I liked Oblivion a lot, so I'm sure I'll enjoy most of the others.

I suggest the GOTY editions. Morrowind's is about $20 on Steam

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 51