Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

This is a completely serious question. In your opinion: what qualifies a person as "Christian"?

Stranded denifination I think is someone who believes in the divinty of Jesus of Nazareth as God Incranate.

Baptism I think is optional given Baptists views on it.

6059030 It's really simple. You're a Christian if you believe all of the following:

Essentially, the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, along with the acceptance of God into one's life. It has nothing to do with ethnicity or "race," it is purely decided by the choice one makes.

HPlus #5 · Aug 10th, 2017 · · 2 ·

Someone who's more willing to follow the doctrines of a fantasy novel written back when people didn't know why it got dark at night rather than contribute to the collective effort of advancing the human race to increase the chances of it's survival.
Jus' sayin'

If you accept Jesus as your savior and follow His teachings.

Well, Christianity predates the orthodoxy that virtually everyone here is quoting. From an outside perspective, I think would could easily define a Christian as someone who believes in and follows the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. I don't know why it has to be more complicated than that. People have various ideas about what those teachings exactly were, and we have various conflicting translations of texts, as well as those that the emerging orthodoxy rejected.

Well, there ARE fragmented records of Jesus, and Sodom was real

Doesn't make the religion and the scripture for said religion any less absurd. You can make a religion from Oreo cookies; the main thing that religion is based around may be real, but if you're writing fairy tails about those Oreo cookies then there's no reason to take it seriously.

They could be true to an extent

Maybe to the extent that it mentions humans. In a book with dragons, Cupid's, satyrs, talking snakes, people growing from ribs, yada yada yada, there really isn't much else truth to behold.

I personally believe angels and the like exist

I personally have no problem taking what the bible says with a grain of salt, since a lot of it is symbolic. There ARE truths there, but you need to look a little deeper than just the words on the page.
Even if you aren't christian yourself, a little bit of respect would be appreciated.

I agree. In my opinion, you don't have to belong to a particular group to be considered christian. If you follow His teachings (treat others as you would treat yourself, care for the poor, etc.) then you're Christian in my book.

I love a bit of satire, so that is really funny to me. I will now share that with everyone I know.

but you need to look a little deeper than just the words on the page

Like?
Plus how can the Bible be so true while other scriptures like the Torah and Quran exist that claim the same thing?

a little bit of respect would be appreciated

With how Atheists are generally treated by religious faith all around the planet and all the shit that is birthed from the doctrines of religion, I'll just say speak for yourself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16